Thread: Rune of Zeth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbalel View Post
    You can clip the last tick so that the last tick will be added to the new one. i.e. 2seconds left on doom, cast new one, new doom has 1min 2sec duration. Works for all dots.
    Are you sure about this ? I thought that, no matter what, Doom ticked in 15-second intervals.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Are you sure about this ? I thought that, no matter what, Doom ticked in 15-second intervals.
    It does. So under normal circumstances you could clip it with 14 seconds left for the same effect as clipping with 1 second. Or at least that's what my understanding of how it works is.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    This would probably be in reference to clipping a doom initially cast *with* spellpower proc active, as the act of clipping would reset the spellpower to your current (proc-less) spellpower, and be a damage reduction for that tick, compared to the 0.1sec or w/e of lost time if you let it expire for a larger tick, then reapplied it.
    Not only that, but if you had Demon Soul active when you cast BoD and you clip the final tick you will lose the 20% damage buff on that last tick. So you're definitely not going to want to clip Demon Soul powered BoDs.

As I understand it the best way to BoD is to cast it upfront, then when all of your trinkets and demon soul are rolling, recast right then, should be in the first 15s, so then you'll get 5 ticks from a super powered BoD up front. Let this one fall off completely before recasting b/c you aren't going to have all trinkets + demon soul when it wears off, then recast and clip that one when you've got like 3 trinkets or demon soul up again.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    It does. So under normal circumstances you could clip it with 14 seconds left for the same effect as clipping with 1 second. Or at least that's what my understanding of how it works is.
    But if it only ticks in 15-second intervals, and you have one up with one minute and 14 seconds or one minute and one second, it would have to tick faster than every 15 seconds to get that extra tick in ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    But if it only ticks in 15-second intervals, and you have one up with one minute and 14 seconds or one minute and one second, it would have to tick faster than every 15 seconds to get that extra tick in ... ?
    No.
    If you just cast BoD and let it tick away, ticks occur at 45s - 30s - 15s - 0s

If you cast BoD, blow all your trinkets and recast it, lets say, 8 seconds later (so 52s left on your original BoD) you now have a BoD with 1m 07s left. Ticks will then occur at 1m - 45s - 30s - 15s - 0s.

The snapshot of your spellpower occurs when you cast the spell, not as each tick occurs, so it's best to double cast your BoD while you have prepot + trinkets + power torrent + lightweave + demonsoul up and wait for the debuff to fade completely before recasting it again, so you get 5 super powered BoD ticks, opposed to 4.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbound View Post
    No.
    If you just cast BoD and let it tick away, ticks occur at 45s - 30s - 15s - 0s

If you cast BoD, blow all your trinkets and recast it, lets say, 8 seconds later (so 52s left on your original BoD) you now have a BoD with 1m 07s left. Ticks will then occur at 1m - 45s - 30s - 15s - 0s.

The snapshot of your spellpower occurs when you cast the spell, not as each tick occurs, so it's best to double cast your BoD while you have prepot + trinkets + power torrent + lightweave + demonsoul up and wait for the debuff to fade completely before recasting it again, so you get 5 super powered BoD ticks, opposed to 4.

Hope this helps.
    Ahhh, I see. I understood about the spellpower snapshotting, I just for some reason had never realized you can clip Doom and thus get it to tick at the 1m mark. Many thanks.

Can someone please post a link to the right page in EJ (or whereever) - where they do the math/ sim on Rune of Zeth? I'm at work and couldn't find it for some reason.

Thanks in advance

The following is a non-exhaustive list of trinkets available in T12, the values are for an Affliction warlock, although it should be roughly the same for Destruction:

# Name Proc Stats Total DPS
    1) Darkmoon Card: Volcano (Reforged to Hit) 1591 428 2019
    2) Rune of Zeth 1450 481 1931
    3) Figurine - Jeweled Serpent 915 918 1833
    4) Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor HC 390 1475 1866
    5) Necromantic Focus HC 469 1395 1864
    6) Bell of Enraging Resonance HC (Reforged to Hit) 1233 555 1788
    7) Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor 345 1308 1653
    8) Necromantic Focus 411 1234 1645
    9) Heart of Ignacious HC 1628 0 1628
    10) Soul Casket (Reforged to Hit) 1226 133 1359
    11) Stump of Time 873 193 1066

Values are in DPS, proc data is from the EJ SimC thread , stats calculated using the following scaling values:

Stat DPS / Point
    Int 3.2208
    Hit 1.9414
    Crit 1.2563
    Haste 1.3120
    Mastery 0.9301

As simmed from my Firelands entry-level warlock Skorukh roughly a week ago.

1800 rep to go!

Does the sim include the lining up of jewelled serpant with demonsoul(and the zeth for that matter)? I don't know if the default profile does but I would imagine it would move up a few hundred in the sim. Then again it may not even matter as being both 2 minute cooldowns they innately line up and and the sim takes advantage of that.

There's also something to be said for the greater on demand burst in some fights.On the other hand as there's also the pesky engineering gloves that get put on cooldown whenever you use a trinket. I suppose after the first cast this doesn't matter if you always use them both as soon as they are up, but I'll probably have to be more on top of that than I am now, and I'm not sure how I could wait for powertorrent/dmcv procs before demon soul without stuffing this up.

The one major plus that it does have going for it is that it would make me happy to no longer be wearing a blue and to stop being considered undergeared by the uneducated population - and having to defend myself... decisions decisions.
    Last edited by Hoocha; 2011-08-02 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Cleaned up my post, sorry!