Deleted

Heroes of Newerth discussion

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if many of you play heroes of newerth but I'll open up a topic anyway.

Heroes of Newerth is a MOBA game, loosely based on DotA and a direct League of Legends rival.

Unlike LoL, however, It's an Indie game with a much steeper learning curve than LoL. There is more individual skill involved and heroes have direct brackets. in HoN, heroes' magic damage does not scale, purely their physical damage.

Gankers are only effective early to mid game, where they only offer CC late game.

It's a 5v5 game with as main aspect to destroy the enemy's base.

To be completely honest, I was interested in this game. Then there were 50000 spam threads on this forum about how I should come play. Then I went and dove a bit into the HoN forums and saw how actual CREATORS of the game talked to people ("go ahead and go play LoL, you'll be back"). No thanks, that community has already proven what type of people they are repeatedly with those two actions. Enough of a reason for me to stay on LoL for free and have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problems with HoN:

- Terrible interface
    - Terrible character design
    - Terrible shopping system
    - Creep denying is an elitist mechanic which only purpose is to make pr0s humiliate newbies

10+ Year Old Account
    HoN is actually quite a lot of fun. I don't expect to win every game and I try not to get frustrated. It is a nice respite from WoW every once in awhile.

For a few months at the beginning of this year, my friends and I really got into HoN (i.e. played 4-5 hours a day). However, I've not played in two or three months at least, mostly because the community is complete and utter shit. I realize why (one noob usually means you lose, and losing means lowered MMR), but that doesn't do a lot to make it better.

I've gotten back into WoW since then, and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit.

Deleted
    To be completely honest, I gave LoL and HoN a chance. They came off as incredibly boring games to me.
    I think I'll stick to playing DotA(though, I haven't played it for a while, may start again, heh)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaluro View Post
    Heroes of Newerth is a MOBA game, loosely based on DotA
    lmao yea right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    My problems with HoN:

- Terrible interface
    - Terrible character design
    - Terrible shopping system
    - Creep denying is an elitist mechanic which only purpose is to make pr0s humiliate newbies
    The first three are your opinions, which i disagree with. But this ^, wrong man. Denying what i really love about HoN, i missed it in LoL, gives you a big advantage in your lane, especially if you're playing against one of their carries..

I enjoyed hon and i played it since like, when madman was released in closed beta, but stopped playing like last month when the down time hit, and picked up LoL, which i currently prefer because i get sooooooooooo mad when playing HoN, esp in a 40+min game, which is about the average length, and you or your team fuck up and lets say you lose a melee rax. God i'd be mad the rest of the game(another reason i stopped was, i rage easy and hon is the biggest rage inducing game i've ever played).

Why do people who post about this game always have to be new members with less than 50 posts....