Deleted

[Movies] Film suggestions

I'm going on a family and friends holiday and i'm taking my laptop to hopefully shut the children up as much as possible, and i'm looking for good films that i can download on iTunes or lovefilm, but nothing above a certificate 15 please (i've got a very different view of what is a good film to the rest of my family so i don't know what is good or not for them)

N.B. Please don't post any links to illegal downloads, i want to be able to download them legally so if you can make sure itunes or lovefilm has them would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Labyrinth.

thank me later
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Pan's Labyrinth

Kidding they'd get nightmares :3

Erh...how old are said kids?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Pan's Labyrinth

Kidding they'd get nightmares :3

Erh...how old are said kids?
    We've already got that on good ol' DVD i think. The kids are spread out from about 8 to 14 (or 16). I've got tangled already and i think one of the other dads is bringing grown ups. I know that all the kids love the harry potters so i'm bringing all of those and some of them love twilight but i'd rather drop my laptop off a cliff before that is watched on it :P

Pixar's UP! Works on any child!

Deleted
    2 days ago I watched Insidious, was a really scary movie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magz View Post
    Pixar's UP! Works on any child!
    The start of that movie made me tear up quite a bit. Already got it aswell. I think the main problem is i have no way to list all the movies we've/i've already got, but keep up the suggestions =]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    We've already got that on good ol' DVD i think. The kids are spread out from about 8 to 14 (or 16). I've got tangled already and i think one of the other dads is bringing grown ups. I know that all the kids love the harry potters so i'm bringing all of those and some of them love twilight but i'd rather drop my laptop off a cliff before that is watched on it :P
    Independence Day and Serenity are good sci-fi movies, and for comedy all I can think of off the top of my head is Robin Hood Men in Tights rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    How about some Studio Ghilbli stuff? Particularity Miyazaki's stuff. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Ponyo. They are all pretty awesome animated films and a bit more grown up then typical Disney stuff.

Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle are the TOP 3 of Studio Ghilbli films. They must be attractive to the children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you Nausica, but HMC? GOD no Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away would be my picks

(Grave of the Fireflies for the adults after, DO NOT SHOW TO KIDS, it's probably the sadest movie ever made)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30