Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Listen, as long as VP are available through random heroics, then having VP drop in old raids is no biggie.

I have sorta come over to the side that I think VP from heroics should stop, and thereby stop it from old raids. However, this would destroy almost all reasons for running 5mans, therefore destroying the LFD system.

My solution would be to offer something other than VP, but that is just as enticing. Like a guaranteed Chaos Orb, Living Ember, plans or patterns, and other highly valuable mats. It may seem like a contradiction to give Embers and plans, since they are exclusive to raids and I'm suggesting making VP exclusive to raids again, but I think you have to have some sort of incentive for normal raiders to do 5mans and fill the LFD roles. The reward can be anything, I just threw out the idea of Orbs etc. But the main point is that Blizz knows they have to entice ppl to do 5mans and use the LFD system, else few ppl would do them and queues would be hours longer than they are atm.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Lol dude why it bothers you.
    Its still faster to get points from ZA/ZG and you cant cap from t11 anyway since 13 bosses x 35 is 455 points.
    Anyway 7/7 normal + TB gives u 960 points anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tinu View Post
    People that can drop bosses in Firelands should be rewarded more than people that can't, and only have the skill to run 5manHC's, regardless of loot from the raid.
    Well, when the people that "only have the skill to run 5manHC's" start walking around in their Current Tier 4pc bonus then you can complain that it's not fair that you aren't getting rewarded enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    I really don't understand why people care that non-raiders can get VP gear over time. What does that have to do with you? You should be decked out in normal and heroic T12 gear and enjoying raiding and killing bosses. What the hell does someone being able to buy some VP gear have to do with your enjoyment of the game? Just knowing that non-raiders have to run 7 troll heroics a week, which is mind-numbingly boring, is enough for me.
    I believe his point was that we should be getting tier pieces faster than a non raider. I like the 1250 VP per week. I personally have no problems with people who do not raid getting tier set pieces (3) and other items. That's fine. Its a nice option for a person to gear up quickly in order to raid if he or she chooses too. Or even its just to mix/max their too for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    10man:
    Firelands 10man 7/7 @ 120 valor per boss - 840/980
    Zandalari 5man LFD @ 140 per run - up to 7 times a week 980/980
    BOT/BWD/TotFW 10man 12/13 @ 35 valor per boss - 420/980

Really, doing ALL old raid bosses is equal to HALF of Firelands normal. Doings BOT/BWD/TotFW takes more time to complete than Zandalari, with more time to organize as well. Really, there is no problem with T11 content giving the same points as are spent on T12 gear, since they've already given full access to the gear via the Zandalari 7 a week (as opposed to 1 a day, which not all casuals could do).

Don't forget BH, which as yet another loot pinata for 120 valor a week, and T12 gear right on the boss.

Really, I could care less. Since I'm clearing normal Firelands and starting heroics (1/7 at time of post... should have pushed Rhyolith, even on a 9 hour raid week we called it early since there's nothing left to kill), I'll get my valor and t12 valor gear regardless. If you're going to take back valor from T11 content, might as well take it from Zandalari too.
    Pugs are able to do Shannox heroic, 1/7 is not impressive, you shouldn't have called your raid early as there are 6 other heroic bosses to do, for those with the skill to down them.

Deleted
    Being in a slow progressing guild means you can gear up faster (at least at the start of T12) by doing heroics. Sucks, but what can you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deven04 View Post
    I believe his point was that we should be getting tier pieces faster than a non raider. I like the 1250 VP per week. I personally have no problems with people who do not raid getting tier set pieces (3) and other items. That's fine. Its a nice option for a person to gear up quickly in order to raid if he or she chooses too. Or even its just to mix/max their too for fun.
    Eh, I don't think that was his point. It appears that most of the people like the OP who have posted in this thread are just bitching because they don't feel the "casuals" or non-raiders are far enough below them. They are the same ones who are bitching in the "Why is Light of the Dawn title still available" thread over in the achievement forum. They want to wave their e-peen around and have the masses bow down to their superior skills and gear. But if you are a good raider you'll get all the stuff to massage your e-peen with anyway - who cares about someone getting normal T12 gear at the same as me or having a title from past expansions/tiers; conquer content as its current and you'll be decked out in heroic gear and the latest raid titles long before everyone else is.

I did like the older cap better but really just because it allowed me to get my gear faster, which is what I always want. If for 4.2 they said we'd keep the 1250 cap but now you could reach it by running heroics it wouldn't have bothered me at all. Raiders get other rewards than VP gear, and those rewards are why I love raiding, so I just don't see how other people being able to get a few pieces of the same gear as me has any effect on the fun that I have playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Pugs are able to do Shannox heroic, 1/7 is not impressive, you shouldn't have called your raid early as there are 6 other heroic bosses to do, for those with the skill to down them.
    Dude, why are you wasting time on here? There's at least one more heroic boss out there for you to kill brah!

they should made again is a weekly raid quest like there was in WOLK, the random in Dalaran that "kill x boss at y instance" and get the 5 frost badge

in this case should be to kill a t11 or 1 of the 4 first ones in Firelands and get something like 300 valor points reward

Deleted
    What still doesn't make sense to me, is the fact that in order to make it less boring for raiders to cap their VP (4.1 this was 1250) from having to grind Zandalaries over and over, they in stead lower the cap and more or less say "done deal". So while the T11 normal dungeons now also award VP, it's kinda pointless since decent raiders will only need 1 or 2 dungeons besides BH.

It's a joke if you ask me and it's a very bad solution to a problem that's not only about where you can get your VP's from but also the rather low cap. I'm guessing this is partly to lower the pace at which average guilds will run out of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make a difference to me whatsoever. Now you can gear alts with t11 stuff that you cant get from JP (second trinket, shoulders/helm, belt, etc).

Plus, it's a very minimal amount of VP. Get over it!
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

So, the fact that I can get some valor from a T11 raid gets peoples panties twisted. I say it's an excellent change. I think it's pretty stupid that you get raid currency from heroics in the first place, but since heroics give raid currency, then even obsolete raids should give raid currency too. I may be able to never step into another ZA/ZG, and I'm alright with this change. It's not a step backwards. It's not a step in the wrong direction. It's still quicker to run ZA/ZG for valor. It just means that you have to run 2-3 less to cap if you go through T11 raids that week.

The fact that this is the straw that broke the ops back speaks poorly of the Op. It's a vast improvement. If faceroll heroics give raid currency, why can't old heroics (which take something that can be mistaken for effort to complete, unlike heroics) give some too? Getting top currency for anything but current raids is a different subject completely compared to having more than just heroics to cover your cap. This is hardly "game breaking" that I can raid T11 (which I still do for fun) and have to run fewer heroics to cap Valor. I'm only 4/7 firelands, because alysrazor makes me want to punch baby dolphins in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Really dont agree how non raiders can get equal amounts of raider currency, by running non-raid content, but hey...blizzards new retarded philosophy of everyone should get the same, regardless of time or effort input.

Gotta just suck it up..
    Bull. Shit. Raiders get gear, crafting recipes and other things that are NOT accessible through VP. Please stop this anti-Blizzard crap about everybody getting the same rewards when it is blatantly not true.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by tinu View Post
    Which is why more instances should have been released with 4.2, instead of the rush to get content out there....
    You have it backwards. Fireland was supposed to come with 4.1 and the troll instances. It was the troll instances that were rushed, not the Firelands.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I really fail to see how casual raiders/non-raiders being able to get a limited amount of items through valor points constitutes the end of WoW. Gonna go out on a limb and say that the the portion of the community who would ever get so fed up with this fact and quit as a result is way smaller than the portion of the community that plays the game because they enjoy it.

Everyone being able to earn VP through previous tier content and heroics will in no way affect your gaming experience in any significant way, I promise you. If you're so awesome that you feel you need to look down on players still stuck in t11 content and being rewarded on basically the same level as those players raiding current content, then you likely won't ever come into contact with those players, if you're in any kind of decent guild.

Deleted
    well i think getting valor from raids ( be it previous content ) makes much more sense than getting them from hc dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Lol dude why it bothers you.
    Its still faster to get points from ZA/ZG and you cant cap from t11 anyway since 13 bosses x 35 is 455 points.
    Anyway 7/7 normal + TB gives u 960 points anyway.
    come bck when sinestra has a normal mode plz so that will be dor 10 man 35x12+70 or for 25 45x12+90

also algaloth still only awards jp