Thread: Arena question.

Deleted

Arena question.

So me (a warrior) and a HPally friend of my decided to try some arena. We lost 4 games in a row until getting the hang of it, then we played until we hit the conquest point cap for the week, hoping for honor as we weren't getting any conquest anymore.

However it seems that you don't get anything after hitting the conq cap, so we were wondering why's that? Why can't it award honor instead? We are still grinding BG's for honor gear, but it is so boring after getting into some action! :P

Always had the same question myself. I would assume it's because they still want people to do BG's and if they were to let you gain honor from wins after you're conquest capped, people would farm the quicker and ultimately more rewarding Arenas.

Deleted
    Because the reward is your rating, not the conquest point. Anyone who is serious about arena doesn't play until he is conquest capped, but he plays until he has the rating he was aiming for. Compare it like this:
    Battlegrounds = Heroics
    You do these to gear up and get ready for the real stuff, such as Arena / Rated Battlegrounds (or Raids)

Arena / RBGs = Raids
    This is where the serious, competitive stuff goes on.

Besides, if Arenas gave honor it would make Battlegrounds completely useless (unless Arena gave such a ridicolous amount of honor, but that would just make Arenas giving honor after CP cap pointless in the first place)

I do arena for 4 things :
    a)TO MELT SOME FACES .
    b)Conquest Points Cap .
    c)High Rating .
    d)Guild Reputation Cap .
    Last edited by savvasp; 2011-07-23 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    I do arena for 4 things :
    a) Guild Reputation Cap
    b)Conquest Points Cap
    c)High Rating
    d)TO MELT SOME FACES .
    I try to melt faces first on my schedule :|

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    I try to melt faces first on my schedule :|
    Indeed . I should go fix that

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with qei, he has a point, and I do basically the same as savvasp. These people are my people :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You receive 270 honor and 25 conquest for the daily battleground and for every win after that you receive 135 + any you receive in the battleground. It wouldn't hurt to give us at least 30 honor per win and 15 per loss in an arena. It's not enough to turn the tides and make hundreds of players go from battlegrounds to arenas but it will help those people who don't like doing battlegrounds and can just arena a lot if they want. Battlegrounds will always be a better option, but the arena alternative would always be there.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena's and Rbgs are meant for higher level pvp, if they rewarded honor it would be the same as doing bgs, but as Qei said bgs = the heroics of pvp and rbgs/arenas = the raids of pvp. Although to be honest i wouldnt mind getting jp from killing bosses after i got vp capped, but i don't think it would really matter if arenas did give honor as you're mostly there for the rating if you're a serious pvper
    Last edited by Dontdotmeiv; 2011-07-24 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qei View Post
    Because the reward is your rating, not the conquest point. Anyone who is serious about arena doesn't play until he is conquest capped, but he plays until he has the rating he was aiming for. Compare it like this:
    Battlegrounds = Heroics
    You do these to gear up and get ready for the real stuff, such as Arena / Rated Battlegrounds (or Raids)

Arena / RBGs = Raids
    This is where the serious, competitive stuff goes on.

Besides, if Arenas gave honor it would make Battlegrounds completely useless (unless Arena gave such a ridicolous amount of honor, but that would just make Arenas giving honor after CP cap pointless in the first place)
    Now we just have one problem. you can gain raid gear from HC's... Valor points.