Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

We need a threat drop.

Title says it all, I'm sad because I can't go balls out on Fandral H, can't pre pot, can't bite when I wanna bite. Cause cower, is crap. Raid cd's, etc, yes I know. But really, can we have something better? (I know this isn't the place to ask blues, I'm just sparking a convo).

Deleted
    You should say that you mean boomkin spec ^^. And yes having no skill to reduce aggro is sometimes rly hard when everyone can start doing dmg but you LL just have to wait until the tank gets more aggro...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    get threat all the time running heroics with tanks in not as good gear, & theres not really any good way to get rid of it I to would like to see a threat drop

I would proably rather see a threat reduction rather than a drop since we throw out threat close to what a tank does in a second

Try playing a warrior in ICC ><

frost DK's would like a word you as well lol

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

Shit like this is why I couldnt ever play my warrior as a race other than NE now. The dps loss sucks, but aggro? Shadowmeld that shit, wait it out. Low dps > dead dps.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Yeah I agree warriors have it worse, I hear it nightly from friends ha. Hopefully with enough uproar or just general discussion, over time blizzard will just implement viable threat reductions/drops, much like they did with interupts.

As Our guild policy and ptr experience we were aware of the problem that DPS might not be enough for Baleroc+^Fandral fights (Heroic ofcourse) and we decided to gear the dpsers first. Then in Domo fight Threat became one of my worst nightmare. I'm 376 ilvl balance druid in guild Catastrophe Eu-Dunamul. Then for that fight only I rerolled feral(I had some pretty good gear in T11). Feral is obivously better for Domo HC fight. There is a buff which gives you %100 dmg buff and while playing balance it is really hard to keep that buff running(you need to not get any kind of dmg not to loose that) Cat leap is a pain in the ass while playing balance. The only disadvantage of feral is when new cats appear after every each jump they attack to the player with most threat.

Arcane spell as a school generated lots of threat over other spells in the game btw. (Atleast I sense that way dont have a proof or something havent researched it alot).

Just ask your paladins to salva you as much as you can.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Theres a bit of incorrectness in the 2nd post there about windshear -- its off the GCD on a 6sec CD and drops.. 5%? threat, it can easily be hit without much real concern for mana (especially enhancement)

Secondly, isnt cower a 10% threat drop now.. on a CD? .. yea sure the first 10 sec of the fight you cant hit berserk, and 10% isnt much.. but 10% on a small CD isnt terrible compared to Self salving as a ret (20% on 2min).

If you have any warrior in your group, you can ask (read: Beg) them for an intervene -- 10% instant threat drop as well.

But lastly.. really, if your having threat issues, OTHER then the first 20 seconds of a fight (Barring Nefarion P1 on ony threat with the MC buff).. Your tank is the problem, not you. -- AoE Swipe threat being the exception.

Our raid runs 1 rogue 2 hunters -- this is generally enough of an MD threat on a fight like Fandral, to where we can go balls out in melee range, full CDs within 5 seconds of the boss reaching the tank, and I never have to FD. -- Our mages run the standard Mirror immages and invis as they end of course.. But we're all pulling 36-42k avg burst in those first 40 seconds no lust.
    - This is with a feral tank... the one that just got nerfed. Again.

I assume perhaps this threat (OP) is referring to 10man raiding, perhaps without MDs.. in that, I wish you the best of luck. I couldnt imagine the annoyance of having to do nothing for the first 20 seconds other then autoattack.

Warriors and DK's need a threat dump much more than you. You'r ranged so you can have higher threat until you pull agro. Also if you do, the tank has ample time to taunt back. If a DK or Warrior pulls agro the boss will one shot them before the tanks have time to react.

At least you do have cower available, for when you do get a lucky streak of crits after the pull. I wish my warrior had it.

@Crushima, I believe the OP is feral and therefor suffers the same issue of an aggro pull as a DK/warrior - albiet yes they still have cower.

Not to mention the different pull percentages needed for melee and ranged.

DK's and warriors are the worst because they're melee and simply pull easier and have no threat dump (swear I gotta salv our frost DK all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeslis View Post
    Theres a bit of incorrectness in the 2nd post there about windshear -- its off the GCD on a 6sec CD and drops.. 5%? threat, it can easily be hit without much real concern for mana (especially enhancement)

Secondly, isnt cower a 10% threat drop now.. on a CD? .. yea sure the first 10 sec of the fight you cant hit berserk, and 10% isnt much.. but 10% on a small CD isnt terrible compared to Self salving as a ret (20% on 2min).

If you have any warrior in your group, you can ask (read: Beg) them for an intervene -- 10% instant threat drop as well.

But lastly.. really, if your having threat issues, OTHER then the first 20 seconds of a fight (Barring Nefarion P1 on ony threat with the MC buff).. Your tank is the problem, not you. -- AoE Swipe threat being the exception.

Our raid runs 1 rogue 2 hunters -- this is generally enough of an MD threat on a fight like Fandral, to where we can go balls out in melee range, full CDs within 5 seconds of the boss reaching the tank, and I never have to FD. -- Our mages run the standard Mirror immages and invis as they end of course.. But we're all pulling 36-42k avg burst in those first 40 seconds no lust.
    - This is with a feral tank... the one that just got nerfed. Again.

I assume perhaps this threat (OP) is referring to 10man raiding, perhaps without MDs.. in that, I wish you the best of luck. I couldnt imagine the annoyance of having to do nothing for the first 20 seconds other then autoattack.

First 30 seconds is not problem dude in heroic raiding guilds(after 30 second the threat transferred by hunters and rogues are deleted probably needs a tank taunt switch in between) And you mentioned Cower (NO balance druid can use Cower because cower is not an ranged ability it is melee range and if you go near to melee with %120 threat you will probably die and you will probably wipe your HC DOMO raid) And as a mechanic to the DOmo raid Feral tank is not an option... Please be aware of fight mechanics and class mechanics before posting something.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

15+ Year Old Account
    the real issue is not that you need a threat reduction the real issue is that tanks dont stack hit & exp to build more threat. it had becoems generly accepted that the dpsers need to watch out for argo instead of the tanks having to build more threat. blizzard wants thans to wurry about thier threat but its not happening
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Unfortunately, druids aren't the only ones who need one, and many are pretty upset that they don't have one. Fury warriors would like a word. (If you dare to touch your cooldowns in the first minute to two minutes of the fight, you have a death wish; Been that way since Cata launch, maybe earlier.)

I'm not saying your point is invalid; A lot of classes do need a threat drop. For right now, it seems most of the classes with them are pure DPS, though. (Rogue, vanish; Mage, Invis/Ice Block; Lock, Soulshatter; Hunter, Feign Death) The only class I can think of with one that is also a hybrid is Paladin (Salv), and I've always thought Paladin had too much utility without the fun. Shaman technically also have one (Wind Shear), although it's also their interrupt so they can't be using it all the time. (Also priest, with Fade, although that's a temporary threat drop, and returns threat after the duration.)

Anyway, I sort of view it as part of the new hybrid tax. Since people were upset about the hybrid tax costing them DPS, instead they lose utility in some areas, and gain it in others. While I may be upset about threat drops being missing when my face was eaten alive, I'm much happier having the choice to skip que times and tank an instance every now and then. I'm sure you're upset about not being able to go balls to the wall when you want, but on the contrary, some classes would give away the top dps spots for that innervate.

My two cents, anyway.
    Iceblock isn't a threat dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    the real issue is not that you need a threat reduction the real issue is that tanks dont stack hit & exp to build more threat. it had becoems generly accepted that the dpsers need to watch out for argo instead of the tanks having to build more threat. blizzard wants thans to wurry about thier threat but its not happening
    ^^ This.

Im a feral tank who is speccing to exp and hit cap (and running agi) for heroic raids. My fury warrior pop's everything including b-lust and doesn't pull anymore. But Im opening staghelm with a thorns + agi pot + enrage + berserk mangle spam. Anything less and yes, threat is a problem. Tanks can gear around the problem however.....

Deleted
    I' be a happy druid if cower was off the GCD. There's fights that I have to use it every freaking CD.

Mages also have mirror images as a good threat drop. Unfortunately, there are almost no good tanks who know when to taunt to get all the images' threat to them, so we have to waste a GCD to invis most of the time anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Let me just say that everyone wants a threat dump.

You may say paladins have salv, but its on a horrificly long CD, is not instant and paladins and other hybrids do more threat pe dmg than pure specs.

A ret palla is very proc-heavy. Whenever I blow cd's or the stars align I may have to stop dps even in raids, thus losing the advantage of them.

Every class has the problems and only rogues and hunters seems to have good tools to deal with it of the classes I know