SPriest: It's 2041 NOT 2040 (with DI)

Sorry title of thread should be "2141 not 2140 (with DI)"

Not likely you are actually at exactly 2140, but if you are...

count how many VT ticks you are getting.

Edit: Jeez, I completely derped on the title, late posts FTL.
    Last edited by Solia; 2011-07-22 at 04:56 PM.

This would actually accomplish something if you posted it in the Shadow Guide so Kilee would fix it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Deleted
    2040?! I'm at 2576!

Deleted
    This brings me to a point i have been wondering about for a while. Once you reach the magic 2589 is it worth rounding out your character in terms of mastery and crit or is it still a straight haste stacking affair?

Ive been having an issues with that....

two days ago I was doing BWD 25man and there where 3 warlocks in it. I was the only shadow priest, and one had put DI on me the first fight, but then by the second boss I had no DI, and it dropped me 5 spots in the DPS chart. Turns out the warlock picked a mage over me

Yesterday went into Firelands 10man, and again I was only shadow priest, and the one warlock picked the Holy priest.

I feel so unloved by warlocks. Is that normal for the only Shadow priest to not get picked? From what I understand we are the best choice, but maybe I'm wrong.

Deleted
    not getting DI is a loss for the lock, and for you
    so tell the lock to put DI on the right target (you).

the lock that picked the holy in the 10man scenario, should really be told a few things about how to use his buff.

Is this true? I'll change the guide then. Anyone tested this in game?
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

The only numbers I have tested in-game were 2140/2141 and 2588/2589 (obviously around the same time period) the higher values of haste are all theoretical.

Hmm, I just noticed that the numbers shown for DI isnt correct in pict, I had just typed '2040' in the haste box and the number in the screenshot actually reflects that value. Will have to check spreadsheet when I get home to make sure i didn't type over a formula last night.

Spreadsheet based off of the math on this thread at SPriest.com:
    http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=30989

LMAO, I entered 2041 instead of 2141, so those values under the DI area are correct.

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    Ive been having an issues with that....

two days ago I was doing BWD 25man and there where 3 warlocks in it. I was the only shadow priest, and one had put DI on me the first fight, but then by the second boss I had no DI, and it dropped me 5 spots in the DPS chart. Turns out the warlock picked a mage over me

Yesterday went into Firelands 10man, and again I was only shadow priest, and the one warlock picked the Holy priest.

I feel so unloved by warlocks. Is that normal for the only Shadow priest to not get picked? From what I understand we are the best choice, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Yes, you are the best choice... unless your dot uptime (and crit to a lesser extent) suck. Then they see DI not at 3 stacks/falling off so they pick another target to buff for their higher personal gain.
    Last edited by Solia; 2011-07-22 at 04:57 PM. Reason: I C WUT I DID DUR