Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    i actually have a similar price range and this is the build i will buying soon if it interests you. it's a little over £800 at £820, but totally worth it in my opinion.
    I'm not sure I share your opinion... Particularly since you've left something out of the list in the image. Unless those prices are before VAT/delivery/etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    i actually have a similar price range and this is the build i will buying soon if it interests you. it's a little over £800 at £820, but totally worth it in my opinion.

edit: oh yeah, i have a HDD already and i never use an optical drive, hence there not being either. if you don't have those though it would be a little over budget i guess...
    damn cant post links/images...
    hmm.... I like the idea of the z68 baords... don't think i need to spend that much money on a cooler and definatly don't need such a good graphics card.... only really gonna play wow .... occasinaly crysis 2 or something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm not sure I share your opinion... Particularly since you've left something out of the list in the image. Unless those prices are before VAT/delivery/etc.
    he used Novatech, which do free 3-4 day delivery (usually gets to you in 1 or 2 unless they have to wait for something from a supplier), and the prices in the basket are always exVAT because they primarily deal with business' who can just claim the VAT back.

Partly why I tend to use Novatech.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    he used Novatech, which do free 3-4 day delivery (usually gets to you in 1 or 2 unless they have to wait for something from a supplier), and the prices in the basket are always exVAT because they primarily deal with business' who can just claim the VAT back.

Partly why I tend to use Novatech.
    pretty much this. on a laptop so couldn't fit the bottom of the SS in. really good specs for the price imo. here's the copy/paste of the bottom.

and yes, it's not for everyone's taste, but it will be my personal build so i just threw a quick screenshot in.

Total Basket Ex VAT: £684.08 ex vat
    Delivery Charge: 0.00 ex vat
    Basket + Delivery Ex VAT: £684.08 ex vat
    VAT @ 20%: £136.82
    Total Basket Value: £820.90 inc vat

Deleted
    Here is another build including a 24inch monitor from Ebuyer. Djinni's not a huge fan of Ebuyer, but i've purchased from them for years. Their service isn't perfect by any stretch, but i'm sure people can find fault with almost any supplier if they've been with them long enough.

Anyway at under £800 here is one option which you can fiddle around with

Deleted
    Could get one of Aria' OC systems. Can't post any links yet but search for Gladiator Hellscream Gaming PC. Looks awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay05 View Post
    Could get one of Aria' OC systems. Can't post any links yet but search for Gladiator Hellscream Gaming PC. Looks awesome!
    Yeah I looked at those... but I like the idea of building it myself...

Any preference to builds so far? Questions on your mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Here is another build including a 24inch monitor from Ebuyer. Djinni's not a huge fan of Ebuyer, but i've purchased from them for years. Their service isn't perfect by any stretch, but i'm sure people can find fault with almost any supplier if they've been with them long enough.

Anyway at under £800 here is one option which you can fiddle around with

<image>
    Nope :P although I do have to admit... that is a pretty good build... and to manage to include the screen in it and stay under £800 :P well done.

Deleted
    Any preference to builds so far? Questions on your mind?
    I like the ebuyer build.... just not from ebuyer lol..... guess i'm not alone in thining that ebuyer sucks....

was thinking
    Case: inwin BUC-666
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP (low profile)
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    GPU: MSI HD 6870 Twin Frozr II
    ODD: LiteOn IHAS124-19 (With nero)
    CPU Cooler: thermaltake frio

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 06:16 PM ----------

maybe the asrock pro x68?

EDIT: z68

Quote Originally Posted by SunShineDaisyButterMellow View Post
    --SNIP--
    Hehe. Well, what's the price of what you're looking at now?

Mind you that a modular PSU is going to be more comfortable to work with. Less hassle for beginners trying to sort out what cables are and aren't necessary.
    6870 or 6850 isn't that important, but I sincerely suggest staying with Twin Frozr, yeah.

I recommend the NH-D14 CPU cooler if you want power, or the Hyper 212+ if you want best bang for buck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Nope :P although I do have to admit... that is a pretty good build... and to manage to include the screen in it and stay under £800 :P well done.
    Yeah. The 8gb was a surprise deal. £51 inc VAT is a steal.

Deleted
    Hehe. Well, what's the price of what you're looking at now?

Mind you that a modular PSU is going to be more comfortable to work with. Less hassle for beginners trying to sort out what cables are and aren't necessary.
    6870 or 6850 isn't that important, but I sincerely suggest staying with Twin Frozr, yeah.

I recommend the NH-D14 CPU cooler if you want power, or the Hyper 212+ if you want best bang for buck.
    haven't found anywhere i'd like to buy from, would be much easier if its all from one place though. 212 it is then i guess. dont really wanna spend more money on a modular psu if i dont have to. thats what the tray behind the mobo is for i thought?

although i heard the 212 is a pain to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HJQOq1Qeg if you want a review on the In Win BUC you chose in your last build, SunShineDaisy.

Deleted
    Well if Ebuyer doesn't take your fancy, the next best place in terms of price seems to be Scan computers.

There are a couple of tweaks you can make with the Scan build which I linked if you wish to include a monitor. However you still have to forgo the cooler if you wish to include a display in your build, but you get a decent GFX with a custom cooler.

The PSU i've linked is probably just as good as the Corsair brand in terms of performance. A bit of an underrated PSU in all honesty. Keeping with the HAF 912 case, a nice budget case with that "gamer" look that you so much want.

The monitor itself performs quite well for a budget monitor, or so I've read. At £131 it seems to be a bargain.

Deleted
    UPDATE: just had a chat with dad... he says he'll donate £200 for it... bringing me up to £950

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShineDaisyButterMellow View Post
    haven't found anywhere i'd like to buy from, would be much easier if its all from one place though. 212 it is then i guess. dont really wanna spend more money on a modular psu if i dont have to. thats what the tray behind the mobo is for i thought?

although i heard the 212 is a pain to install.
    Well in all honesty I don't think the 212 can hold the price/performance crown, especially here in the UK.

If I were you, since i'm in a similar position of searching for an aftermarket cooler, save yourself around £40-£50 which will account for the following

- Cooler £30
    - Cleaner £5
    - Thermal paste £3-£5 on a 2.5g tube.
    - Delivery £5

Scan are out of stock of the following at the moment Corsair A70

Performance wise it's not far behind Noctua's DH-14, which is arguably the best air cooler available and is half the price (unfortunately Thermalright's Silver Arrow is like gold dust at the moment). If the benchmarks remain true then I think this supersedes the Cooler Master Hyper 212 as the price/performance king.

Deleted
    Well if Ebuyer doesn't take your fancy, the next best place in terms of price seems to be Scan computers.

There are a couple of tweaks you can make with the Scan build which I linked if you wish to include a monitor. However you still have to forgo the cooler if you wish to include a display in your build, but you get a decent GFX with a custom cooler.

The PSU i've linked is probably just as good as the Corsair brand in terms of performance. A bit of an underrated PSU in all honesty. Keeping with the HAF 912 case, a nice budget case with that "gamer" look that you so much want.

The monitor itself performs quite well for a budget monitor, or so I've read. At £131 it seems to be a bargain.
    NICE!! I like this :-)

I don't like that they want £20 to deliver it....

Deleted
    That £20 is a bit of a sting. They had a deal once before if you were an active forum member you would get free delivery. I'm not entirely sure if that is the case anymore.

If you want to spend the extra money your father has given you could perhaps go for this build instead

Better case (although you could opt for the HAF 922, an upgrade over the 912). It's received a number of glowing reviews however. Again it has that "gamer" look but it's combination of colours may not appeal to you. Just swap it for something that is similar if that becomes an issue.

It has arguably a better motherboard. By warranted reputation alone that Asus motherboard is a solid performer if you are serious about overclocking.

Updated the GPU. Out of the box performance is quite similar to AMD's 6870 however in some games. Is it worth the £40 price premium. Personally I don't think so.

I've also included the original aftermarket cooler you wanted. It should come with some decent thermal paste since its manufactured by Thermaltake. I've included some TIM cleaner as well. If you get lint free coffee filters or if you have cloth that's used to clean a pair of glasses that should do though.

Personally i'd probably go for the previous build i've linked and then perhaps invest in an SSD

Crucial M4 128MB

Install windows OS onto this + WOW and any other games you can fit onto this and you'll enjoy significantly faster load times. However i'd consider this to be a luxury item at best. It also brings you over that £950 budget.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2011-07-22 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    That £20 is a bit of a sting. They had a deal once before if you were an active forum member you would get free delivery. I'm not entirely sure if that is the case anymore.

If you want to spend the extra money your father has given you could perhaps go for this build instead

Better case (although you could opt for the HAF 922, an upgrade over the 912). It's received a number of glowing reviews however. Again it has that "gamer" look but it's combination of colours may not appeal to you. Just swap it for something that is similar if that becomes an issue.

It has arguably a better motherboard. By warranted reputation alone that Asus motherboard is a solid performer if you are serious about overclocking.

Updated the GPU. Out of the box performance is quite similar to AMD's 6870 however in some games. Is it worth the £40 price premium. Personally I don't think so.

I've also included the original aftermarket cooler you wanted. It should come with some decent thermal paste since its manufactured by Thermaltake. I've included some TIM cleaner as well. If you get lint free coffee filters or if you have cloth that's used to clean a pair of glasses that should do though.

Personally i'd probably go for the previous build i've linked and then perhaps invest in an SSD

Crucial M4 128MB

Install windows OS onto this + WOW and any other games you can fit onto this and you'll enjoy significantly faster load times. However i'd consider this to be a luxury item at best. It also brings you over that £950 budget.
    Hmm....
    i have plenty of 97%+ ethanol actually .... (don't ask how or why) previously though ive just use a microfibre cloth to clean it off usually works just fine on its own.

what did you actually change in this build? (yhe parts aren't exactly in any sort of order

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 08:37 PM ----------

Antec 300 Three Hundred, Black Midi Tower Ultimate Gaming Case (£41.44)
    Intel Core i5 2500K, QuadCore, 3.3GHz - Retail (£137.17) - Intel i5 2500K professionally Overclocked by our 3XS engineers to 4.7Ghz (£0.00)
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO CPU Cooler - Uprated Quiet Cooler (£20.82)
    8Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance LP, DDR3, 1600Mhz (£50.16)
    1Gb MSI GTX 560 Ti, 880Mhz GPU, 384 Cores, 4200Mhz GDDR5 (£153.56)
    600W Corsair CMPSU-600CX (£43.98)
    120GB Corsair Force Series SSD, 285MB/s Read 275MB/s Write (£140.12)
    1TB Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache (£32.74)
    Samsung SH-S222AB/BEBE - 22x DVD Writer (£12.03)

prebuilt for £949.15
    Last edited by mmoc5c417256ad; 2011-07-22 at 08:05 PM.