Deleted

Looking for an old RPG game!

Okay, I can't get this one game out of my head since i remember that i played it once.
    I played it like 10-14 years ago i guess.
    You started in a small town and you had a weapon to fight, fights were real time(not sure sadly).
    And you can find pokemon-like partners who fight for you (or give you stats).
    One of those things was in a Dog House.
    Could be for Snes or Nes or something older(?)

Sadly I can't remember anything else but i swear it was great back then.

looking for your help guys!
    Last edited by mmoc37b4291725; 2011-07-22 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret of Evermore possibly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking Secret of Evermore too. Sorta kinda sounds like Lufia 2 as well.

Deleted
    Jade cocoon?

Kinda sounds like Golden Sun for GBA to me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Sadly it was none of these, I played all of them and can remember quite well.
    In Secret of Evermore your dog is only evolving.
    In this game i'm thinking about you can find more "partners/animals" whatever.

I thought also about Golden Sun but i played it for sure on a TV. Still think it was on NES [or Snes but i doubt that]
    Last edited by mmoc37b4291725; 2011-07-25 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was on NES then could it possibly have been Ghost Lion? You controlled a character who was able to summon a lot of different allies to fight along side with you.

You need to play Chrono Trigger. The best RPG of all time. Just listen to this epic theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KW7oM772Yg

Man did I feel invincible when I heared that music play while I got the Masamune! (a sword)
    /Zetsumei

Deleted
    Played Chrono trigger already twice (Snes and new Ds version) but thanks for the advice
    Ghost Lion somehow was really close but sadly not the game i was looking for.
    Guess there wasn't a popular console between Nes and Snes? Maybe I can't find the game cuz it wasn't for Nes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm now that you mention that it may not have been on NES/SNES but was from around that time period and also how you said it may have been real-time combat then perhaps you may have been thinking of the top down Ys games on the TurboGrafx-16 or for Mega Drive/Genesis?

Another possible guess may be Robotrek on the SNES.

Also could you give a few more bits of info about the game to narrow it down like:
    -Was the game top down perspective like the old Zelda's?
    -do you remember the quality of the music? Was it 8-Bit/16-Bit sounding or was it CD quality?
    -you said it may have been real time combat but do you remember how the battles worked? Like was it an open world or did you bump into enemies and then enter a battle area to battle them?

Also possibly maybe you are thinking of the Hydlide series?

Ohh or possibly Sword of Vermillion on the Genesis/Mega Drive?
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-07-27 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Okay, after some hard hard thinking -- I guess the game was for Mega Drive.
    I'll later check these games later out.
    Thank you very much!