10+ Year Old Account

In need of a new computer

Simply put, I need a new computer, my current computer is about 5 years old and simply doesn't work anymore. I would build a new one, but I'm not good enough with hardware to do it, so I'm looking for a new cheap PC that will get the job done. It doesn't need to be "New" as in a current model, I'd be fine with something 1 - 2 years old. Anyone have any suggestions?

The build of the month setups are generally a good place to start... they're on the front page of MMOChamp and they give a good general idea for whatever ur pricerange is

Not good enough with hardware! It's like building legos, plus, we can always help you if you get in trouble. There are thousands of youtube videos to help you.

Also
    -Budget
    -Uses
    -What can u reuse

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can build a PC."

You should really build your own. You'll learn a lot along the way, and like Arslay said, there are thousands of references out there. You'd be more than fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arslay View Post
    Not good enough with hardware! It's like building legos, plus, we can always help you if you get in trouble. There are thousands of youtube videos to help you.

Also
    -Budget
    -Uses
    -What can u reuse
    - Less than 500, could possibly splurge for more
    - Gaming
    - Really the only thing that works is the monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Are you American, European (in which case we really need a country for reference) or Australian?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Are you American, European (in which case we really need a country for reference) or Australian?
    I am American.

Good thing you can use your peripherals =).

Try the $500 dollar build from here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build.

If you could possibly spare an extra $50 for a lot more future upgrade-ability go for a p67/z68 Motherboard instead of that h61 mentioned.
    Ex: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128487

If you take the $500 dollar build an put in a p67/z68- something like the one linked you would have a mid power gaming build with a ton of features and one that can be heavily upgraded.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Deleted
    Z68 is the way to go at the moment with Sandy Bridge and a 2500K. Seems to be the new Q6600 of this year.

Using newegg.com
    NZXT Gamma Classic
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    EVGA GTS 450
    G.Skill Value Series 8GB (2x4GB) DD3 1333MHz
    AsRock H61ICafe
    Intel i3 2100 + Corsair CX500 bundle

Total price: $505.93

OP, are you sure you can't pump up the price? You've chosen a particular price-range where you don't need to invest much more to get a sharp increase in performance.

Prebuilt are generally a ripoff. You won't start seeing good prebuilts until the 700-1000$ range, If your budget is only 500ish id strongly suggest learning how to build a PC because with that much. Your best option is to buy parts separately

/facepalm
    Hadn't noticed that he doesn't want to build it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    /facepalm
    Hadn't noticed that he doesn't want to build it himself.
    Self built 500 eur pc's can be quality, pre-built 500 euro pcs are 101% pure shit.
    and i'm talking euros here, wonder what it would be with dollars.

If you dont have alot to spend, build it urself, and when u do have alot to spend, build it urself. Theres no reason not to since the internet can hold your hand while ur doing it. ( and so can mmo-champ forum)