Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojobinks View Post
    Alright, I'm sure your 1/7heroic speaks a ton about your capabilities, "mate".

There's no convincing you, but I wish someone else would come in here and tell you that Druids and DKs are horrible for Algalon. I'm not saying Druids are bad for progression at all, they're just not good for this specific fight.
    Jojo is right. Ferals weren't optimal for the Algalon fight. Paladin and warriors had a sustainable stat against his fast and hard hitting melee attacks while Bears only had dodge which made the fight extremely random since Algalon could get 3-4 full hits in a row and down the tank in a matter of 2-3 seconds.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    LK say "Hello", I think nobody even tried to do HM Lich King without druid tank in eraly ICC (10%+ buffs). We had HM25 LK on farm since June 2010, in August our druid tank had problems with his conenction, even with overgearing, ICC wide buffs we couldn't kill LK for 2 weeks without druid tank on him.
    Lol keep mentioning fights that we're not talking about.

This is about Algalon, not LK. LK didn't hit nearly as fast as Algalon. The problem with Algalon for non-shield tanks was that he melee'd VERY fast, meaning the dodge would go on DR in the first few seconds. After that, you'd just be healing the druid for full on unblocked hits for several seconds while dodge was on DR. A Pally or a Warrior would be blocking all of these hits, even while dodge/parry were on DR.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

This is about Algalon, not LK. LK didn't hit nearly as fast as Algalon. The problem with Algalon for non-shield tanks was that he melee'd VERY fast, meaning the dodge would go on DR in the first few seconds. After that, you'd just be healing the druid for full on unblocked hits for several seconds while dodge was on DR. A Pally or a Warrior would be blocking all of these hits, even while dodge/parry were on DR.
    Not like druids have Savage Defence and Blood DKs have blood shields, wich are way to OP at lvl80.

I mean you really mad bro, comming to thread, falming in it, posting off-topic crap. Druids had way more armor and HP, while Paladin could block 30% hit, druid would take ~15% less damage anyway from amror bonus + HP buff. Not even talking about that it's impossible to avoidence cap at lvl80 in Ulduar gear now. so shield tank won't be able to block 100% of the time.

Not like druids have Savage Defence and Blood DKs have blood shields, wich are way to OP at lvl80.

I mean you really mad bro, comming to thread, falming in it, posting off-topic crap. Druids had way more armor and HP, while Paladin could block 30% hit, druid would take ~15% less damage anyway from amror bonus + HP buff. Not even talking about that it's impossible to avoidence cap at lvl80 in Ulduar gear now. so shield tank won't be able to block 100% of the time.
    Fail.

You don't know the difference between full on mitigation and "block".

And I'm not really mad, I'm not posting off-topic crap, I'm trying to tell you that the tank you're trying to get is bad for this fight. I'm not "comming" to this thread to "falm" in it, you're the one talking about H LK all of a sudden. And no, druid doesn't take 20% less damage just from armor bonus... now you're just talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Was never hard to begin with.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Signa/advanced

my char 2 prove i know what im talking about
    You must be very naive to believe that the removal of the timer in Wrath would not have introduced hundreds and thousands more completed Herald runs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fail.

You don't know the difference between full on mitigation and "block".
    Mmmm.... What? Does naming it change the thing? Avoidence cap/Defence cap, whatever you like, it's impossible with nerfs to ilvl219/226 gear now. And again, I won't get back in time and do it WoTLK style, we are doing it here and now in 4.2, I would rather be getting druid or DK, with their new mastery and barring in mind changes to gear, than see shield tanks faceblocking hits anyway.

Our warrior is at 57% block even with Cata mastery elixir and all gear reforged to mastery, he is at 96% "defence", so he will be faceblocking boss at least 8% of the time. I would rather get druid or DK doing it, since they are designed to be able to faceblock.

You have no idea how dodge diminishing returns works/worked.

You don't lose dodge after a successful dodge. Dodge diminishing returns simply "caps" the amount of dodge you can have, by scaling each point so that each point in dodge decreasing the amount the next adds. Just like the way armor scales.

I had a previous GM try and tell me dodge worked the way you said it did, and i found several different EJ/maintankadin/blue posts that confirm that it didn't ( back in the day).

Long story short, i don't think you fully understand tanking mechanics. I also don't understand why you are arguing this. Old content is old. And any skilled tank will likely be successfull.

Mmmm.... What? Does naming it change the thing? Avoidence cap/Defence cap, whatever you like, it's impossible with nerfs to ilvl219/226 gear now. And again, I won't get back in time and do it WoTLK style, we are doing it here and now in 4.2, I would rather be getting druid or DK, with their new mastery and barring in mind changes to gear, than see shield tanks faceblocking hits anyway.

Our warrior is at 57% block even with Cata mastery elixir and all gear reforged to mastery, he is at 96% "defence", so he will be faceblocking boss at least 8% of the time. I would rather get druid or DK doing it, since they are designed to be able to faceblock.
    No one is talking about avoidance cap. We are talking about block. It's not the same thing. We are talking about the fact that overall, shield tanks will take less damage than bear/dk tanks on Algalon because of very fast melee hits.

You don't get it, even though other people in the thread have said the same thing.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Balfous View Post
    You have no idea how dodge diminishing returns works/worked.

You don't lose dodge after a successful dodge. Dodge diminishing returns simply "caps" the amount of dodge you can have, by scaling each point so that each point in dodge decreasing the amount the next adds. Just like the way armor scales.

I had a previous GM try and tell me dodge worked the way you said it did, and i found several different EJ/maintankadin/blue posts that confirm that it didn't ( back in the day).

Long story short, i don't think you fully understand tanking mechanics. I also don't understand why you are arguing this. Old content is old. And any skilled tank will likely be successfull.
    I don't see how this is any different from what I'm talking about, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ all of you nuff said.

your dodge doesn't vary throughout a fight based on wether or not you dodged on previous attacks. Your character stats are set going into the fight and can only be modified during the fight by changing weapon/shield OR by buffs/debuffs of that specific fight.

What you previously suggested is that following a successfull dodge, your dodge would "diminish" reducing the chance for the next attack to be dodged. This would continue until you could no longer dodge, or until the deminishing returns reset. (That is exactly what you suggested).
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoblinks
    The problem with Algalon for non-shield tanks was that he melee'd VERY fast, meaning the dodge would go on DR in the first few seconds. After that, you'd just be healing the druid for full on unblocked hits for several seconds while dodge was on DR.
    That is an incorrect assumption of mechanics.

Druids, whiles previously not idea for algalon because they couldn't block, now have a form of block through mastery. With the scaling of stats they should be just fine. Deathknights still may be a bit sub-par for algalon. HOWEVER, for this specific achievement and the fact that this is old content with new stats/abilities, odds are, any tanking class will do just fine, and SKILL will be a bigger determining factor.
    Last edited by Balfous; 2011-08-19 at 06:14 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is dodge is better than block, druid with 60% dodge will take 0 damage 60% of the time. Rest will be absorbed by savage defence/heals. While shield tank will always take at least 70% of damage, but with current changes they will block ~60% 0f the time, avoide ~30% of the time and take direct hits ~10% of the time. As I said, you have no idea what you are talking about. Reported for flaming and trolling.

Deleted
    Kinda lame they removed the key and timer. Now you can go on and on until hes dead instead of getting near heart-attacks when he just dies a minute before the timer runs out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, don't worr. Algalon hits like a girl in 10man.

All tanks got thier health pool increased and all dps had their dps increased in 4.0.1
    Also you have epic gems(they were not available in ulduar times)

This fight is stupidly easy now. You can do it with any tank, any healers and any dps setup if they know what to do and how to play with their class.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Guys, don't worr. Algalon hits like a girl in 10man.

All tanks got thier health pool increased and all dps had their dps increased in 4.0.1
    Also you have epic gems(they were not available in ulduar times)

This fight is stupidly easy now. You can do it with any tank, any healers and any dps setup if they know what to do and how to play with their class.
    That's what I am saying. We just need 1 tank. Druid will be better because of overall changes to gear in Ulduar/Builds, but as I said, I will take anyone based on skill, not on the class, so if you herp derp that can't carry own weight, I won't take you into run, and vice versa, if you skilled player that happen to have any tank (Paladin, Warrior or whatever), I won't really look at your class.

P.S.
    Please, stop flooding thread. I want people to actually see what we need. (wich is 1 tank currently)

Deleted
    Was it just me, or wasn't Immortal, Undying, Champ&Conq of Ulduar, herald & the ToC one removed at cata launch?

Otherwise, GL! Tankdamage is huge (we used warr/feral back), You need 1 devoted Hpala spamming as a bitch, and a second healer helping out when the hpala have to move ( Disc is perfect, good druid can pull of some neat helpz as well ).
    SP/Tanks to soak,

he asked for a druid or a Dk because he prefers them. Maybe you think shield tanks are better. so what. Just let him get the tanks he wants and stop arguing?

Hi. I have a blood death knight that's been capped out at 80 for a bit and is very undergeared at the moment as I canceled my account a few months ago. I'm willing to reactivate, go blood and transfer if you guys need. My character's name is Specme on horde US-Kalecgos. I'm a GMT player.

You can PM me here or hit me up on PTR Broxxigar on character Sarakerrigan if you play on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Hi. I have a blood death knight that's been capped out at 80 for a bit and is very undergeared at the moment as I canceled my account a few months ago. I'm willing to reactivate, go blood and transfer if you guys need. My character's name is Specme on horde US-Kalecgos. I'm a GMT player.

You can PM me here or hit me up on PTR Broxxigar on character Sarakerrigan if you play on there.
    Are you solid at playing this class? When will you be able to activate account and transfer over? Bare in mind, we raid 4PM Server Time Sunday (only 2 hours raid) at GMT+10.

Are you solid at playing this class? When will you be able to activate account and transfer over? Bare in mind, we raid 4PM Server Time Sunday (only 2 hours raid) at GMT+10.
    Oh dang, can't make Sunday unless GMT+10 means 2 am my time; might be able to make that. I'm mediocre at best at the class as all I've done is level it. I'm a fairly good warrior player so I guess that could branch out to other melee. I haven't tanked in years. Last time I tanked was H MGT and The Eye back in TBC. If you might still be interested I could try and make time on Sundays and could transfer as early as tonight if needed.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-08-19 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by glader View Post
    You must be very naive to believe that the removal of the timer in Wrath would not have introduced hundreds and thousands more completed Herald runs.

The hardest part about doing that fight was getting the gear, if you took the hour to kill him in herald gear chances are you do not deserve to get the title.