Thread: priest or rogue

priest or rogue

So after few years i kinda got bored of lock pvp, and constant pushing lock community to play aff in arena, so i was thinking to make a new toon. I dunno what to pick, rogue or spriest. I dont like healing at all, dunno why, I respect good healers in both arena and pve, but i dont like it. So y if I make priest he will prolly be shadow 100% of the time. I would like to hear what do u ppl think about spirests in pvp, their cons and pros, and I know jumping from lock because i hate aff to spriest is maybe crazy, but spirest has something aff doesnt have. As sp I have some defensive cds, Also have some burst, which is the main thing i hate about aff, no casting at all, just dot dot dot dot. Would like to hear ur opinion about spriests in normal, and ofc rated bgs, what are the things I as sp can do to make enemy team cry
    Also main question, a lot of ppl that saw how i play aff, told me u gonna rock with sp its even easier to play one, but i dont trust them, as far as i know aff is just lame 2 button spec compared to spriest, so how much time would i need to master a spriest?
    Why I added rogue? Well cause we all know when it comes to hybrids, blizz always hits their dps specs hard in the arena... Sometimes they are viable sometimes they suck. So am i making a mistake? Is it stupid to make a priest just to spec shadow, and again be fucked up for whole seasons just because ur spec sucks. When u play rogue something like that cant happen.
    SRy for wall of text, but y,I wouldnt make this kind of thread if I had chance to try them out. I had long break and actually after weeks and weeks of work and breaks, i finally got like 3-4 months to play wow.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Deleted
    priest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    apples or oranges?

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    If that wall of text is about pvp, go rogue, if pve, go priest.

I play both.
    Both playstyles are completely different.
    A forum isnt going to tell you what you want.

Btw did you know you can flag cap while dispersed?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    apples or oranges?
    Both!!
    kidding , OT thx for clearing that out, no1 on forum wont chose for me, well i gonna try both and see what happens

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a warlock long-timer. Started him on TBC release, played till the end with warrior alt (which I spent more time on during wotlk, just coz I hated what locks have become.. it just wasnt and still isn't the class I played during TBC).

So I was fooling around with DK, a shaman, even a rogue.

Seeing that you're interested in rogue or priest, I'll just say that rogue certainly has it's fun aspects. If you're the kinda person that just loves griefing unsuspecting people, this stuff will keep you amused for many nights. I haven't tried arenas, but battlegrounds were the most hilarious stuff I've experienced at times. You get the pick the fights and end them when you wish to, you get to mess with people incredibly, ninja flags everywhere like there's no tomorrow.

But now that I got myself into leveling a priest I can already feel that some things I hated and missed on my warlock are to be found on my priest. No pet for warriors to rape, you can dispel yourself and your opponent at your leisure - compared to dependance on Felhunter's cooldown (he was shit for a long time anyway since they took his defensive dispell and gave to the moron Imp...). As far as mana goes... one can't just burst it up as one was used to with Life Tap. It's more fluid - you got to keep the cooldowns rolling (SWD reminds me of LT, just with cooldown) to come out on top with the mana.
    Not to mention the sick on-demand burst, a finisher, a 15sec cd movement impairing effects remover, bubbles, SL vs Shadowform... and you can actually heal your buddies if shit hits the fan.
    There's much more, but you've probably guessed that with priest I myself have really found the lost 'something' which I missed on my lock for so long.

As a bonus for me, I actually like to heal from time to time also. And having healed on pally and shaman before, I am amazed by the tools I've now got in my disposal, it's absolutely sick.
    Last edited by Xzan; 2011-07-23 at 09:20 AM.