Deleted

CLCRET setup ??!?!?

Hi guys i think i'm doing really wrong with it because despite of the fact that my gear is getting better and better my dps is going worse.
    My CLCRET setup is

inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud exo how tvhp j hw cons

with INQ set 5 - 3 - 3

and i didnt change anything else

can you help me please?

I'm not quite sure how you came up with that rotation, but tvhp should not be that low. Here are my settings. They may differ slightly from the stock settings.

inqa inqrhp tvhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud how exo j hw cons
    Inq: 2.5 - 3 - 3

A lot of people prefer to have their InqA and InqR set to 1 or 2 with 4T11, but I prefer to cast it less often.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:39 AM ----------

Oh, and some people like to push Exo above tvdp to burn the Art of War proc. The reasoning is that you can't gain Art of War while its active, so they keep it spent,

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:43 AM ----------

Disclaimer: I haven't checked this rotation in a little while. I was reading recently about how well Exorcism scales and how it should be pushed up in the rotation. Now that you've got me thinking, I'll have to go check for myself.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Shoes explained why HoW and exo are ahead of TVhp a while back in a post, let me find it and i'll edit

edit, shamelessly stolen from shoes :

The reason Exo/How is listed as higher priority in that sequence is not because it does more damage than a templars verdict, but because casting them before a templars verdict in a regular CS cycle minimizes the loss of opportunity casts of Exo and HoWs.

Let me explain that more accurately.

When you press crusader strike, which is the cornerstone of your combat rotation, you have 2 fillers or 2 GCDs to fill before you cast crusader strike again.

So the sequence looks like this:

CS > (filler > filler ) > CS

Now, say you have an exo proc sitting idle and 3 Holy Power stored, you have 2 options. If 3HP TV had highest priority the sequence would look like this:

CS > ( TV > Exo ) > CS

With Exo as higher priority it would look like this:

CS > (Exo > TV) > CS

Now what is the difference between these two sequences? You do the same amount of casts in the same time period, so the damage output of the two sequences is identical in vacuum. However the last sequence consumes your Art of War proc faster, which allows for another one to proc, and thus eliminate a large part of overlapping. If you were adhering to the first sequence, it means that if art of war procced on the same gcd that you used TV, it would essentially be lost, and thus the next CS cycle would have to substitute that lost AoW with a lesser filler like judgement or Holy wrath, and thus be a dps loss.
    Last edited by Kenjji; 2011-07-23 at 11:27 AM.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMa View Post
    Hi guys i think i'm doing really wrong with it because despite of the fact that my gear is getting better and better my dps is going worse.
    My CLCRET setup is

inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud exo how tvhp j hw cons

with INQ set 5 - 3 - 3

and i didnt change anything else

can you help me please?
    The rotation is just fine.You consume exo asap which is the best so you minimise the chance of wasting a proc.
    About inq I think 5sec on time before refresh is kinda high.Imo 3 would be better.

Deleted
    Hey thank you guys i will try to put in practice all your useful advices

and i'm going to try like this:

inqa inqr cs how exo tv j hw cons

or

Time before refresh : 3
    Min Hp for Inq Apply : 3
    Min Hp for Inq Refresh : 3

If i 've understood corretly your explanations
    Last edited by mmoc353ea11112; 2011-07-23 at 12:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey thank you guys i will try to put in practice all your useful advices

and i'm going to try like this:

inqa inqr cs how exo tv j hw cons

or

Time before refresh : 3
    Min Hp for Inq Apply : 3
    Min Hp for Inq Refresh : 3

If i 've understood corretly your explanations
    If you go with this you have chances to lose an exo proc.You better prio exo and how over tvhp.

well, using the topic I'll add a question here.
    Is it possible to add a "countdown" on a skill tracker on CLC?
    I've been using PowA to track my Inq, GoAK buff and AoK procs.
    Tried to setup it on CLCret but only managed to get it to show if I'm with Inquisition up or not.

Deleted
    Switch to CLCinfo & use this guide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hajime View Post
    well, using the topic I'll add a question here.
    Is it possible to add a "countdown" on a skill tracker on CLC?
    I've been using PowA to track my Inq, GoAK buff and AoK procs.
    Tried to setup it on CLCret but only managed to get it to show if I'm with Inquisition up or not.
    While clcinfo has far more customization options than clcret they both do the job and both interact perfectly with omnicc for timers on things. The primary difference is the level of customization you have with clcinfo.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-07-23 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    So I will modify it into this with Exo and HOW before TV, if i've written it correctly

inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp exoud exo how tvdp tvhp j hw cons

Put tvDP before exo and hammer, otherwise you have a chance to get a DP prooc, use exo after it which also proocs Dp so potentially wasting a TV, other then that it looks fine
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    So I will modify it into this with Exo and HOW before TV, if i've written it correctly

inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp exoud exo how tvdp tvhp j hw cons
    The rotation you have in your 1st post is the one you should use,its simple.