Poll: Favourite Final Fantasy

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is your favourite Final Fantasy?

Hey guys just making a thread to see your opinions as to which is your favourite final fantasy out of the current 13 however in the poll i won't be including 11 as it was an online game and i have no room , i won't include ff13, ff14 either as ff13 has only really been released lately but your welcome to say so anyway .
    I'll also remove ff12 (which i personally think was a great game) but i can only have 10 on the poll guys
    Anyway share your thoughts.

My favourite would be a tough decision between FF6 and FF7.

On a side note, do not bash the villains, i have seen countless sephiroth and kefka fanboys putting down each other's villain, we want to bring the FF community together, not tear them apart.

There is a distinct lack of Tactics on your poll...

Deleted
    Final Fantasy OVER 9000

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go with FF9. I liked all the references to previous titles. :3

Deleted
    Yeah sorry about that, I can't include Dissidia, Tactics, Crisis Core or spin offs etc: but as said feel free to share :P
    there's too many games for me to count

Deleted
    Final fantasy 6, epic story, epic battlesystem..... also biggest reason: Kefka Palazzo (mentioned surname since my rpg project has Kefka Clood)
    Last edited by mmocc9de2ce60c; 2011-07-22 at 11:05 PM.

FF:Tactics... your poll makes me sad

from the ones in the poll: FF7 - has so many meanings to me

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    First one was VII but my favorite is probably VIII. I think a lot of it has to do that Squall is the main character I can relate to the most :P. And the game was excellent in every possible way ofcourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose 6. Though 9 does have a special place for me heh. I do wish Final Fantasy would go back and do another traditional game instead of this sci-fi/fantasy hybrid. I want mah black mages robe and hat!

7>9>4>others. I probably would have like 9 the best if every time i played the game disk 2 wasn't messed up, and I could actually beat the game. And personally I found 6 a terrible story. I couldn't get into the game characters at all. At least Rhinoa wasn't involved in it. I hate her more than any character in any game I've ever played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoepie View Post
    First one was VII but my favorite is probably VIII. I think a lot of it has to do that Squall is the main character I can relate to the most :P. And the game was excellent in every possible way ofcourse.
    I loved VIII, only problem I have with it is the drawing system. It didn't make sense casting magic at some point, as you'd just be casting away your own stats. I loved the GF's and stuff though. I didn't mind sitting through the Diablos animation every battle...loved it.

My all time favourite is X though. It's super 'cinematic', the story is really really good (IMHO) and I liked the fast paced battles. Also the theme song is godly. Bought the soundtrack 4-cd recently, listen to it every day.

8 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite it's flaws I'd have to go with 12

10+ Year Old Account
    9 for me, always will be. Dynamic cast, wonderful artwork and scenery, a wonderful overall feel. 7 and 10 come close, with 12 in 3rd. I couldn't get into 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 was the last good one, imo. Don't get me wrong, X was awesome, but it was the beginning of an era where final fantasy games completely stopped resembling final fantasy. It started with VII though they were able to stick very solid to their roots and it ended up great. VIII continued with the trend and this was much more noticable than it was in VII and started to concern my friends and I.

Then 9 rolled around. Ah! Fantasy! Heaven forbid! I almost forgot all about you. Loved it. Once again it felt like a true final fantasy game and I was happy. That combined with the fact that it was just a fantastic game and you've got yourself a winner. Lovable characters. Awesome cinematics and battle scenes. A non-emo main character (THANK GOD)

Just a magical game. I miss it a lot.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, where's the Mystic Quest at? That was a Final Fantasy...
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There is a distinct lack of Tactics on your poll...
    I concur. Awesome game. Tremendous replayability. Blame yourself... or God.

Voted FFI, circa 8-Bit NES. Sucked me into the RPG genre.

/equip [Rose Colored Glasses]
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Hmmm.... I wanna play the old ones but never get round to em.

7 is epic, playing it on my galaxy s2 ;D prolly play all the old ones tbf//

8 I liked it but never could get used to the drawing... (Now I know to refine cards tho.. ;D)

9 Good game but very short imo. no notable sidequests either

X love it need to start again

X-2 good game need to play again

XII also love...
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

7 allll the way one of the 1st games i owned back on my ps1 when i was younger and im still finding myself going back to play it
    However WTB more FF11 love, fantastic game and i still get dragged back into it with nostalga every so many months

10+ Year Old Account
    FF10 first one and most probably my favorite of all. I have gone back and played several others but none of them have left me with the wow factor I had in 10 maybe its just nostalgia. And I always laugh when i say that FF10 was one of the greatest movies ever.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW