How do i get to safe mode?

Okay so i need to get into safe mode on my current PC, I am doing the F8 thing but instead it gives me 3 options, my HDD, my CD rom, and my BIOS, This is my first time trying to get into safe mode on this comp. I thought F8 would always bring to the safe mode section

Anyways i got Windows 7 and a Asus p8p67-m Mobo, Should i be pressing a different F# key?

It's F8, what you're getting confused by is that your motherboard also seems to use F8 for boot selection. If you get that menu, select your HD, and spam F8 right after you select it. Or wait til the BIOS post screen has vanished, but before the Windows Logo shows.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

start msconfig -> boot tab -> check safe boot. now do what ispano said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    start msconfig -> boot tab -> check safe boot. now do what ispano said.
    Should be enough to just reboot after that and it will automatically bring you to the safe mode. After you are done with your stuff you need to run msconfig again and check the normal boot or it'll keep booting in safe mode .

Doing a little online researching found out that for this specific board i have to choose F5 first, Then it will take me to a windows start up thing, One of the options from there was hitting F8 to show more results, And that there was a safe mode selection