Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Limits should be set on bgs?

Sorry to rant or anything, but is anyone else getting bgs with like 7 alli healers? it's getting impossible to do anything anymore :/
    I strongly feel they should put a 2 healer limit cap per bg or something along those lines.
    Also, getting reported afk as i die and getting the full res duration and not being able to reach an alli in time is annoying as shit too, it's these crappy green geared people doing nothing causing losses, yet have the balls to start reporting people.
    I don't mean to flame, but the whole system needs reworking, same thing goes in random dungeons too, que for a troll heroic, get a healer in greens who qued with a dps mainset, tanks in pvp gear, getting VTK'd because one of them wants to bring a friend in or some BS. /sigh.
    Last edited by Hollow Vamp; 2011-07-24 at 02:58 AM.
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

It'll just make queue times worse if they try to implement comp/role restrictions. I'd rather just go with whatever is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
    Sorry to rant or anything, but is anyone else getting bgs with like 7 alli healers? it's getting impossible to do anything anymore :/
    I strongly feel they should put a 2 healer limit cap per bg or something along those lines.
    Also, getting reported afk as i die and getting the full res duration and not being able to reach an alli in time is annoying as shit too, it's these crappy green geared people doing nothing causing losses, yet have the balls to start reporting people.
    I was in a bg with Two Shaman healers, Disc Priest, and a holy pally.. shit wasn't fun

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

Deleted
    20 healers WSG is bound to be one epic battle.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to flame, but the whole system needs reworking, same thing goes in random dungeons too, que for a troll heroic, get a healer in greens who qued with a dps mainset, tanks in pvp gear, getting VTK'd because one of them wants to bring a friend in or some BS. /sigh.
    if you want a certain # of difrent roles, que as premades

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    if you want a certain # of difrent roles, que as premades
    i thought they put a 5 man limit on premades long ago, did they lift that? basically what happens is we Que with 5 people, get 5 scrubs, get an alliance team with 4-7 healers
    Last edited by Hollow Vamp; 2011-07-24 at 03:05 AM.
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

I play a priest, Shadow / Disc. I have a complete set of S10 Vic for both, but all my shadow set is getting Ruthless upgrades first. I Q up and decide what role I'm playing when I see who I'm grouped with, and often there are times in which we have too many healers, more than 2 disc priests, or our DPS is simply undergeared so I go shadow. I like having that flexibility, and I hope other hybrids embrace it like I do.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 11:45 PM ----------

i thought they put a 5 man limit on premades long ago, did they lift that? basically what happens is we Que with 5 people, get 5 scrubs, get an alliance team with 4-7 healers
    You run RBGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on Bloodlust and every 1 out of 3 battlegrounds we have, there's a Tichondrius pre-made consisting of at least 6 healers and 4 dps everytime... not fun at all.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

welcome to randomness. it just sucks now that in cata, you can't do anything if a 10v10 has 4 or more healers on the other team. you could have your entire team (minus your dc and maybe one healer) wailing on maybe the efc and 3 healers and you won't be able to do anything. in wrath, you could actually kill things.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshi View Post
    welcome to randomness. it just sucks now that in cata, you can't do anything if a 10v10 has 4 or more healers on the other team. you could have your entire team (minus your dc and maybe one healer) wailing on maybe the efc and 3 healers and you won't be able to do anything. in wrath, you could actually kill things.
    What? Dude in wtlk I could almost tank the entire horde team on my resto druid, alone... if I would try anything similiar to what I could do in a random bg in wtlk now I'd die in seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    What? Dude in wtlk I could almost tank the entire horde team on my resto druid, alone... if I would try anything similiar to what I could do in a random bg in wtlk now I'd die in seconds.
    Wtlk =/= Cataclysm ... Just sayin'

Allright, you know what, let's say you'd get that implanted .... you know how many guy's you'd get pist off? .... I do not know but probably 35% of them all .... Don't implant crappy ideas into the game

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

I wish I can get into BGs with 7 Alliance healers... more than half of my queues my group only gets 2 or 3 healers while the Horde has more lol.

Really, you have to ask yourself what you expect out of a random grouping system. The problem is that Blizzard doesn't care about balance in random battleground matchups, and is actually entirely justified in that apathy. The role check system for PvE exists because the average group could not clear a dungeon without a tank, and certainly not without a healer. If a dungeon group gets an improper role balance, they won't succeed. For battlegrounds, success is always guaranteed to one side. It's not about meeting a preset challenge, it's about meeting the play level of a random group of fellow players. Both sides could have the stupidest imaginable compositions, and one of those teams with a bad comp is still going to win.

Besides, comp doesn't decide outcome in battlegrounds. I was recently in a Gilneas match where our team had no healers. We didn't even have a class with the potential to heal. We still beat the other team, three healers and all. I'm sure that isn't the norm, but I'd like to point out that it happens.

i was in a strand of the ancients one time, and the allies had loads of healers. We steamrolled them cuz they couldn't dps the demolishers down. Was pretty fun.In any other BG though (especially CTF) it's hell.Annoying part is that mostly the horde don't have healers.But when we have 1 or 2, it's a definite win for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair it is a pug...you'll get shit like that sometimes (x

Although generic advice, you really should set up a premade with some friends/guildies so you don't have to deal with stuff like that (:

Quote Originally Posted by Flexxtar View Post
    i was in a strand of the ancients one time, and the allies had loads of healers. We steamrolled them cuz they couldn't dps the demolishers down. Was pretty fun.In any other BG though (especially CTF) it's hell.Annoying part is that mostly the horde don't have healers.But when we have 1 or 2, it's a definite win for us.
    Err... it's been my experience that Horde has significantly more healers in BGs.

Dependant on the BG more healers would be win, having a FC that can't be killed means get off one sneaky cap somehow and draw out the game, sure it's slow but it's gonna annoy the hell out of the opposing side.

Cap Bgs too healers a plenty and a few aoe's mean you aren't gonna lose a point unless someone does something dumb.

Sorry to rant or anything, but is anyone else getting bgs with like 7 alli healers?
    You're kidding right? The alliance is chock full of johnny pewpew heroes, barely any healers at all. I would say that easily 80% of the time the Horde have 3-4 healers while we have 0. There's just no way alliance EVER have that many healers in one BG on any kind of regular basis. Only time I have decent healers is when either I go as healer or queue premade with a couple healer friends.

EDIT: On topic, yes I would definitely support a system that matched healer-for-healer, even if it meant slightly longer queues. Tactical play > being shit on by the other team because you can't kill anything/don't get any heals.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2011-07-24 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    strand with too many healers sucks so much balls. been in 5 in the row with like 7 healers farming last victories for battlemaster during last strand weekend. just had to give up (being a healer myself)
    rng is rng, but more healers doesnt always mean win. its still all about team effort. even in random battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Wtlk =/= Cataclysm ... Just sayin'

Allright, you know what, let's say you'd get that implanted .... you know how many guy's you'd get pist off? .... I do not know but probably 35% of them all .... Don't implant crappy ideas into the game
    Just saying what?
    The guy said he can't killl stuff, he was imlying that healers are actually stronger in Cata then in WTLK. Thats wrong. I was simply pointing this out. Only thing that could really fuck me up in a random bg in late wtlk was a dispeller, spam dispelling my hots and a smourne wielding warrior.

Fact, if you can't kill healers in random bgs it's learn to play issues. Most of the healers you see in random bgs are geared but not good