Deleted

Need info about new motherboard OC

Hello everyone i'm planning on selling my actual rig to buy a new one.

That's how it should look :

Asus P8P67 Rev 3 atx USB3 Sata3
    Gtx 560 ti oc'd ( gonna decide soon between palit sonic , gainward , msi etc )
    i5 2500k ( planning on taking it to 4.3-4.5 )
    Hyperion 212
    G skill 1600 2x2 CL9 1.5v
    WD 500 GB Caviar black Sata 3
    Cooler Master Storm Scout Midi atx
    Corsair VX550 ( i already own this one )

i readed around that the Asus p8p67 series was having trouble with SATA 3 controller/connector ( i also readed about a call back from asus )

do u guys know if the issue is still around on the new mobos ?

is this mobo enough for the OC i'm looking at ? ( if not could u pls give me any advice on what should i buy )

thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    The Revision 3 that you have on your motherboard means it doesn't have the SATA issue.

Yes, the P8P67 is a great motherboard, and you should be able to hit 4.5. Be warned, if you get a shit binned chip, that might be difficult to hit. Overclocking can be hit and miss.

Deleted
    ye i know it's kinda random , i just wanted to know if there where known issues or something that would suggest buying another mobo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnz View Post
    i readed around that the Asus p8p67 series was having trouble with SATA 3 controller/connector ( i also readed about a call back from asus )
    Not an Asus problem but a problem with the cougar point chipset (Intel's fault) that was in all LGA 1155 motherboards. All motherboard manufacturers went out with new boards (usually labeled Rev. 3 or Rev. B3) while Intel had to pay the bill.

Any motherboard sold in store today should not have this issue, unless dealing with some very shady dealer.

Since the overclocking is made by changing the multiplier value, it doesn't matter much which mobo you buy for this reason. Of course avoid H67-boards as they don't support CPU-overclocking.

Also, if of any interest: P8P67 doesn't support SLI, P8P67 PRO does however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Not an Asus problem but a problem with the cougar point chipset (Intel's fault) that was in all LGA 1155 motherboards. All motherboard manufacturers went out with new boards (usually labeled Rev. 3 or Rev. B3) while Intel had to pay the bill.

Any motherboard sold in store today should not have this issue, unless dealing with some very shady dealer.

Since the overclocking is made by changing the multiplier value, it doesn't matter much which mobo you buy for this reason. Of course avoid H67-boards as they don't support CPU-overclocking.

Also, if of any interest: P8P67 doesn't support SLI, P8P67 PRO does however.
    I know of a few stores that (Or did up until recently) sell non-B3 Rev boards at incredibly discounted prices. They were marketed with the disclaimer that not all boards had the issue. (Which is true.) And had an official link to the recall page.

Deleted

re

thx for the infos
    so i'll go ahead and buy the p8p67

i was planning on using Cm hyper 212 as dissi
    will that do the job or do i need something else ?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hyper 212+ if properly installed is a sufficient cooler for decent overclock's. You can basically pull off anything 100Mhz to 1.2Ghz on it safely (In my experience). Make sure you don't purchase the Asus P8P67 LE it is a decent board but when you go in to overclock you have to do the voltage adjustments through Windows.

Also you don't "readed" it is just read, you read.

Deleted
    sry for bad english , it's not my native language i'm from italy . Anyway thx for your help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnz View Post
    sry for bad english , it's not my native language i'm from italy . Anyway thx for your help
    No need to apologise, there are many people that learn a new language, most of them are afraid to talk in that new language and thus never learn it propperly. Using it, no matter how bad it is, is the best way to learn a language. When you make a mistake, maybe you will the next time, but the time after that you'll know what the proper way of saying said sentence was.

(I'm Belgian, so English is not my native either.)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rereading my post I come across as a prick. Sorry about that mate. Just, as Prixie mentioned, next time you know when ya post.