Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you wish to play competitive CoD4:MW is your way forwards. Most ladders and everything. Gotta love dedicated servers

Why is everyone assuming he's playing on PC

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Why is everyone assuming he's playing on PC
    Why would you play a FPS on a console?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Why wouldn't you?

becuase xbox live trumps steam

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    becuase xbox live trumps steam
    And KB/M trumps console controllers. XBL may be more populated than Steam in that regard but I personally find KB/M configurations vastly superior to the controller option in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    And KB/M trumps console controllers. XBL may be more populated than Steam in that regard but I personally find KB/M configurations vastly superior to the controller option in most cases.
    This. There's a reason there is aim assist built into most console FPS games (either sticky targeting or straight up aim assist), even in multiplayer.

CoD 1 or die!

In all honesty though Black Ops is probably most played, CoD4 being most competitive (though CoD1 was still better!).

On PC its probably CoD4, since it went to shit after that, on xbox/PS3, most recent one.

lol fps games

because not everyone has enough money to drop on a computer that can handle CoD at a playable framerate
    one of the best cod players i know comes from a family with not a whole lot of money so he couldnt afford a good computer, but he is amazing at cod and if he could have a computer that is good, im sure he'd be just as good on that.

The reason games are dumbed down now is because of the 360 and PS3. Playing FPS's on the console is like trying to eat corn on the cob with a numbed mouth.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post
    because not everyone has enough money to drop on a computer that can handle CoD at a playable framerate
    one of the best cod players i know comes from a family with not a whole lot of money so he couldnt afford a good computer, but he is amazing at cod and if he could have a computer that is good, im sure he'd be just as good on that.
    You can spend the same amount of money on a computer that you do on a 360 or PS3 and get 60+ frame rate in COD2 or 4 which is all you need without hurting yourself. Anything lower then 60 your gun shoots slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    The reason games are dumbed down now is because of the 360 and PS3. Playing FPS's on the console is like trying to eat corn on the cob with a numbed mouth.

You can spend the same amount of money on a computer that you do on a 360 or PS3 and get 60+ frame rate in COD2 or 4 which is all you need without hurting yourself. Anything lower then 60 your gun shoots slower.
    Please tell me how you can build a decent(if not super low end) computer for $200. Seriously someone who is just switching to PC gaming would also need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. So tell me how he could get all the rest of the parts for a computer for $100. You can't, PC gaming is nice if you have the extra cash for it but if you are strapped for cash and Xbox would be the perfect thing for you instead of paying 3 times the cost for something you are going to have to upgrade in a year or two just to keep up on the low end with games.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

I can't play any fps on my pc. I'd rather be playing on my 360. That being said Black Ops would be the easier of the CoD games to get quick matchmaking. Ofc I only play MW2 and Black Ops atm. MW2 is still quite populated, but Black Ops trumps it on XBL imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally play CoD 2 and 4 online as do most of my mate. Although the PC v Console is off topic maybe check out this page for the real low down from Microsoft.
    gameranx.com/updates/id/713/article/microsoft-aborted-cross-platform-online-gaming-project/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrrt View Post
    you are wrong.

This guy is said by MANY in the professional scene in CoD 4 to be the best atm,

A console gamer CAN´T EVEN come close to how CoD is suppose to be played at a professional level.
    FPS on a console is a joke nothing more nothing less.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

To everyone comparing console vs PC (which are all PC gamers as they are the only ones getting upset) please stop. Neither side is better it is all about your preference. I do play better with mouse and keyboard, but I like the controller better.

To OP - If it is the XBOX you are playing on MW2 is probably the most played game out of the top 3 (MW1, MW, and BO). There's another coming out at the end of the year as well.

This. There's a reason there is aim assist built into most console FPS games (either sticky targeting or straight up aim assist), even in multiplayer.
    And there isn't in PC games? I remember when I played MW1 and MW2 there were more cheaters on the computer than there were on the XBOX 360. The only thing I can think of are modded controllers, but that still doesn't compare to what you can do on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post

First off, what? Games are not dumbed down because of the systems, get your head out your ass. Also, like the other guy mentioned, there is no way you can build a competitive computer for the same price as any console. Just... stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Mouse and keyboard allow for better aiming but in all cases of movement and any interaction with vehicles dual analog sticks are superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    And there isn't in PC games? I remember when I played MW1 and MW2 there were more cheaters on the computer than there were on the XBOX 360. The only thing I can think of are modded controllers, but that still doesn't compare to what you can do on the computer.
    People are far to fast on jumping on the *HE IS HACKING* bandwagon.
    Most of the time people are not hacking even if he has a really good k/d and is owning you left and right.
    When I was playing CoD 4 professionaly I played sometimes on public and I was banned on more then 30+ servers just because I could soundspot and was really good at reading the game, people called me a hacker all the time and I was never hacking, I was just far better then them and they called me a hacker for it.

There are far to many people that call someone a hacker even if they have no proof and they can´t understand why that guy is slaughtering them.
    There are all so those obvious aimbotters that you can spot a mile away with there stupid *aim straight for the head shit* and there easy to spot, wallhackers are harder to spot tho.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-07-26 at 05:28 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    People are far to fast on jumping on the *HE IS HACKING* bandwagon.
    Most of the time people are not hacking even if he has a really good k/d and is owning you left and right.
    When I was playing CoD 4 professionaly I played sometimes on public and I was banned on more then 30+ servers just because I could soundspot and was really good at reading the game, people called me a hacker all the time and I was never hacking, I was just far better then them and they called me a hacker for it.

There are far to many people that call someone a hacker even if they have no proof and they can´t understand why that guy is slaughtering them.
    There are all so those obvious aimbotters that you can spot a mile away with there stupid *aim straight for the head shit* and there easy to spot, wallhackers are harder to spot tho.
    On my clan's counter striker server about 2-3 years ago we never banned for hacking on instinct and always took fraps as a spectator of what the person was doing and sent it to the admin and documented their IP and watched them. We played WCS mod so we weren't all amazing and pro but I remember one week where this guy who was really good and was a complete dick to most the people on our server and we dropped from having a full server during peak times to only 5-6 at peak because of him. We banned him and sure enough our players(and paying players) came back the next week. So basically what I'm saying is if you are being detrimental to someone's server and playerbase(just from owning the "noobs") they have all right to ban you because you hurting their server and how they keep that server up. If you don't like it you find another server and deal with it because if their regulars aren't having fun they aren't going to keep the community going on that server for much longer.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW