[Ret] Melee GCD silly question

Just trying to prove a point to a guildy that haste has no effect on melee abilities' gcd ( it's a solid 1.5s for any amount of haste ), which for ret is everything but exo. Confirmation from mmo-c's pallies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Just trying to prove a point to a guildy that haste has no effect on melee abilities' gcd ( it's a solid 1.5s for any amount of haste ), which for ret is everything but exo. Confirmation from mmo-c's pallies ?
    Haste only affects spell gcd, however the ability cool down of crusader strike is affected by haste.

Quote Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
    Haste only affects spell gcd, however the ability cool down of crusader strike is affected by haste.
    So with insane haste Crusader Strike can go down to ridiculous amounts ( not sure what it caps at , maybe 1s ) but the gcd after using CS will remain a solid 1.5s, correct ?

So with insane haste Crusader Strike can go down to ridiculous amounts ( not sure what it caps at , maybe 1s ) but the gcd after using CS will remain a solid 1.5s, correct ?
    Ideally in the perfect world you would want a CS with a 3 sec cool down that way you can have it up again after you do a 3 holy power TV without wasting a CS during your TV. However to even try and reach this you sacrifice so much mastery and crit that it is an overall dps loss. Until we see the stat progression of future gear it is reasonable to say that a static raid buff haste rating will never give CS a 3 sec cool down.

Deleted
    yep, melee GCD is 1,5 sec. Haste doesnt affect it

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had CS down to 1.5 on Cookie in Deadmines. It may have been less not 100% sure I think I have a screenshot somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Kind-of unrelated, but Inquisition's GCD is also affected by spell haste.

Thanks all , I'm kinda aware how much haste is valuable ( not much atm ) to ret. Just wanted to explain to my guildy haste doesn't affect melee gcd at all ( cuz he wouldn't listen to me . )

Deleted
    fair point the full list (taken from above posts) is

Inquisition
    Holy Wrath
    Consecration
    Exorcism

and one i was going to ask about, does anyone know if 'aura swap' counts as a spell or not for haste-gcd wise.