Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal Duntix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rageland
    Posts
    56

    [Anime] Old anime you used to watch

    I didn't see anything immediately like this so I thought I'd start. What are some anime you used to watch as a kid.
    One of the earliest for me was this show about 9 years ago youtube[dot]com/watch?v=cZJYxy2060c
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Natova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    582
    samurai pizacats :P that was the 1st one for me i believe, kiddy anime
    -=Free will is an illusion=-

  3. #3
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,558
    Pokemon and depending on your views on it classic transformers. Oh and i guess voltron and robotech as well as gundam wing on toonami.

  4. #4
    sailor moon !
    best shojo anime ever !

    Last edited by Javi-Grey; 2011-07-25 at 07:01 AM.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,588
    Before the huge anime surge in Australia after Spirited Away's success, i remember watching a few in particular (when i was 11 or so?) with my dad like Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro, NGE and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 which was iirc around the same time as (or just after) DBZ, Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Digimon became early morning TV staples.



    Its sad now that as a 21 year old male, i can still remember all the words to this horrible song.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-07-25 at 07:05 AM.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  6. #6
    my first would have to be Tenchi muyo, Inuyasha, Cowboy beebop, Trigun and Lupin III

    Pretty much i stumbled upon the adult swin line up.


  7. #7
    The first anime I had seen tbh was Voltage Fighters :Gowcaiser on my satellite when I was a kid. Really not something a kid should watch but it got me hooked lol.


    Then basically every anime that was on Adult swim on cartoon network.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    my first would have to be Tenchi muyo, Inuyasha, Cowboy beebop, Trigun and Lupin III

    Pretty much i stumbled upon the adult swin line up.

    Tenchi was originally a toonami show in fact pretty sure adult swim never showed Tenchi.

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 07:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Before the huge anime surge in Australia after Spirited Away's success, i remember watching a few in particular (when i was 11 or so?) with my dad like Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro, NGE and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 which was iirc around the same time as (or just after) DBZ, Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Digimon became early morning TV staples.



    Its sad now that as a 21 year old male, i can still remember all the words to this horrible song.
    Try being 23 and owning the first season boxset having downloaded the entire series and TBH i have the second and fourth season as well but amazon bootlegs and 3 well again bootlegs but with 2 of disc 2 and no disc 3 i think it is.

    And yes i STILL enjoy sailor moon even as a 23 year old male. Then again i also prefer the original japanese version MUCH better.

  9. #9
    Cyber City Oedo 808
    edit: I still (want to) beleive this anime is partially responsible for google.com s name. (a tech savvy hacker character is called go'gl)

    and of course:
    GitS
    Trigun
    Lain
    Last edited by Gondir; 2011-07-25 at 07:21 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Tenchi was originally a toonami show in fact pretty sure adult swim never showed Tenchi.


    Your probably right.

    I only recall seeing it once, though it was the same day i discovered adult swim. I really didn't start watching the anime's till a few weeks later.

  11. #11
    I think the first anime I ever saw was Key the Metal Idol in 8th grade. I didn't even understand what I was watching and only saw a few pieces late at night in California. I've debated going back at some point and bothering to watch the series, but not sure if it's even one I'd be interested in.

    After that my story is much like many others': I ran into Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, DBZ, and Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami.
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."
    "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your freedom."
    MAL list

  12. #12
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post

    Your probably right.

    I only recall seeing it once, though it was the same day i discovered adult swim. I really didn't start watching the anime's till a few weeks later.
    Yeah makes sense oh and this is justa pet peeve of mine but

    THE PLURAL OF ANIME IS ANIME

    there said it sorry again just a seriously massive pet peev of mine and it bugs me to no end when i see anime displayed in a plural form when it is both a singular and plural actually so is manga from what i know the japanese don;t have the same concept of plural as we do and thus their words lack it.

  13. #13
    bleach before it became dbz 2.0 and started sucking.

  14. #14
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    bleach before it became dbz 2.0 and started sucking.
    It's a shounen show if you couldn't see bleach winding up like oohhhh about 90% if not 99% of shounen you were fooling yourself ESPECIALLY since it comes from Shounen Jump.

  15. #15
    Outlaw Star or Tenchi Muyo on Toonami.

  16. #16
    Field Marshal Duntix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rageland
    Posts
    56
    I liked bleach better when it was called yu yu hakusho and I liked that show better when it was called dragon ball z.
    But yeah my earliest anime memories came down to Mobile suit gundam, Lupin III, Gundam wing, Tenchi muyo, and a few others I can't remember.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Invictus9001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,038
    Transformers (the classic series from the early 1980s) was my first, and still favorite, animated enjoyment. Around that same time, I watched "Starblazers" (there's a wayback trip for you youngsters) and the Robotech stuff, along with Voltron... I watched Pokemon from the start up until the 4Kids stuff caused Ash's voice actor to have to change; that ruined it for me. I also delved a bit into Digimon, ended up watching Sailor Moon because of Toonami (where I was also introduced to Gundam Wing, my personal favorite of the Gundam stuff I've watched) and seeing lots of other stuff on there too, like DBZ. I never got into Dragonball though. I was all about Yu-Gi-Oh when it came stateside, albeit the original Japanese episodes from the "lost season" are WAY more intense than anything since.

    Also love...
    Ghost in the Shell
    Wolf's Rain
    Kenshin
    Samurai Champloo
    Death Note
    Bleach
    Naruto (I only watch the fansubs tho, cant stand some of the English voice-acting.. same with Bleach.)

    #InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah makes sense oh and this is justa pet peeve of mine but

    THE PLURAL OF ANIME IS ANIME
    I see what your saying.
    there said it sorry again just a seriously massive pet peev of mine and it bugs me to no end when i see anime displayed in a plural form when it is both a singular and plural actually so is manga from what i know the japanese don;t have the same concept of plural as we do and thus their words lack it.
    I wasn't really using "anime's" because i thought it was the plural form but rather to distinguish that i was referring back to my aforementioned list, excluding tenchi muyo, without directly mentioning them. If i had said anime, it would sound as if i were talking about a specific show given the way i worded it and the fact the anime doesn't have a different plural form.

    not to say i couldn't have reworded it better. I do see what you're saying.

  19. #19
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    I wasn't really using "anime's" because i thought it was the plural form but rather to distinguish that i was referring back to my aforementioned list, excluding tenchi muyo, without directly mentioning them. If i had said anime, it would sound as if i were talking about a specific show given the way i worded it and the fact the anime doesn't have a different plural form.

    not to say i couldn't have reworded it better. I do see what you're saying.
    yeah sorry about that just irks me to no end. I really didn;t mean it at you directly ALOT of people do that though and it pisses me off.

  20. #20
    Yu-yu Hakusho was always awesome. Rave Master was also pretty good until it got discontinued.
    Last edited by Tranix; 2011-07-25 at 07:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •