[Movies] Guillermo del Toro's upcoming Beauty and the Beast; Starring Emma Watson

‘Harry Potter’ starlet Emma Watson is set to star in a new version of ‘Beauty and the Beast,' as co-conceived by Guillermo del Toro.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...-and-the-Beast

This has the makings to be really, really good.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. I wonder who will be playing Beauty then.

Zing!

10+ Year Old Account
    haha bazinga! nicely done Ski.

that said I'm torn, Beauty and the Beast is hands down the most stupid and pointless of all those old Fables (it's the only one that conntradicts it's own message...) but that said I LOVE Del Toro, and if anyone can make that film watchable it's him. Then you throw in Emma Watson, who is quite annoying, but was the only member of the main HP Trio who could actually act.... then you have to wonder if she only looked good because the other two where so bad....

myeh, I'll wait for trailers.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Isn't he the director who attaches himself to dozens of films that never get made?

10+ Year Old Account
    A rated R beauty and the beast. I wonder how many kids will be let-down when their parents say they can't go see it.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I just hope they give Emma a wig or something. She's way more sexy with long air...

I think the real question behind all this is can Emma Watson play a different character. I will sorely disappointed if she just plays the same kind of character she did in Harry potter. Yes she played Hermionie great, but now that the films are over we are really going to see if the actors and actresses can branch out and play many diverse roles. It really speaks to someone's greatness when they can fill many shoes.

Del Toro is my fav director of all time and I am sure that this film will be entertaining. But I wouldn't be surprised if the acting falls a little short.

As long as it sticks to the original story it could be great....if they go down the road of Red Riding hood....then it will be as awful as twilight......if they go down the road of Hoodwinked....welll......then.....it could either be embarrassing to watch or a masterfull piece of art!

I hope they stick to the original
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeingRepressed View Post
    Isn't he the director who attaches himself to dozens of films that never get made?
    Yes, he is. I love his work, but he is rumored to be directing/producing a new movie every other day. I want him to finally get on with "At the Mountains Of Madness", goddamnit!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would see any movie with Emma Watson. I've had a colossal boyhood crush on her since Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I was 10 when it came out.

He did Pans Labyrinth right? Cause if this gets made in the style of that film it will be great!

I wonder the number of children could possibly be let-down when their moms and dads say they can't go see it.