[Ret] Looking for some direction (First VP purchase

Hello all,

I'm a recent conversion to Ret from 99.9% experience as Holy (First 80/85, hit 80 late wrath, raided as Holy since, just swapped to Ret)

Looking for some help on the thought process on where to start with some upgrading. Armory is below.

(no link ability) US Battle Net /wow/en/character/frostmane/kinnetik/

Things to note: I *have* the Gigantifom Bracers, and already have them enchanted with +50 str. I have not, as of yet, equipped them.

I should have access to almost any T11 Normal gear (barring RNG). Heroic T11 isn't in the cards yet, but we may start doing some of the easier heroics (Magmaw, Halfus, etc.).

Our guild has been struggling a lot with attendance and without a solid, regular 10; We are having issues even getting Shannox down in FL.

I'm finishing up my Molten Front dailies, targetting the pair of 365 rings as obvious upgrades to my current situation. I am also close with JP to buying the Band of Bees.

The question I have is concerning my first piece of Valor gear. I'm looking for the largest upgrade possible, that will last the longest. (Aren't we all?)

I've narrowed it down to the following: Tier Chest, Tier Gloves, or possibly Relic.

Relic can be considered a no-brainer to some as it's not available elsewhere, however I'm concerned about it's relative value in points spent/DPS increase as opposed to Chest/Gloves. Especially with a 365 relic easily available.

Chest is definitely not part of our BIS as I understand it, however a T11 Heroic Chest or Majordomo kill (let alone drop) are far enough out that I forsee months without an upgrade.

Gloves can be had from BH, with the right lotto ticket, but seem like a fairly desirable upgrade. It also allows me to keep my 2pc T11. Maybe this is the best purchase?

Any other thoughts on where I should shuffle some gear around via easily obtainable upgrades/side-grades?

At the moment, I am debating the same thing. To me, It would see most beneficial to go with the Tier gloves from upgraded T11 gloves simply because of no loss of mastery, Str increase, and the amount amount of hit I recieve. From that hit on the gloves, I can reforge other things back into mastery. If I were you, I would go with the gloves and pray that legs drop from BH
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

First of all, the Tier 12 chest is far and away the worst tier piece - haste is our worst stat, and unless you are far off the expertise cap, no love there either.

The T12 pants are an option, but you will be breaking your (quite good) T11 2p bonus for no bonus at all.

There is a 365 relic available from molten front dailies, and although the VP one is superior, it's not that much better.

I would:
    1) Equip the bracers. They are nigh-perfect ret gear and you won't be replacing them anytime soon. Plus, you are replacing PVP gear (at least that's whats on your armory)
    2) Buy the T12 gloves. Save your next set of points for the T12 pants, which are also nicely itemized.
    3) Get your rings and relic from molten front for now.

Good luck!