Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Twinking Really Dead?

Since I first started playing WoW, about 2 months after TBC was released, I have been fascinated with the idea of twinks.

I saw someone selling a level 19 sword in trade chat for over a thousand gold!?!?!?!?!?!?

I was floored that someone could be so crazy as to think that an item which would be discarded in a few levels could be sold for so much.

With gold as easy to get as it is now, this may not seem like a lot, but trust me, at the time, it was a huge amount even for a level 70.

Now, I have read a lot about twinking at various levels and the Pro's and Con's.

I have read a lot about the various "attempts" by Blizzard to separate twinks from the general population which has effectively "killed" running BG's. Everything from complaints about messing with gear and enchants to eternal Queue times after turning off Exp.

I have read and read and read and it appears to me that the only viable way to enjoy a twink anymore, other than to simply look at them and be overwhelmed by the time and effort put into them and the mind blowing stats achievable, is to move to a High volume PvP server for world PvP and GANK the hell out of people.

Now please understand that when I say Gank, I do not mean the annihilation of a low level town by a much higher level toon. While this can be fun it also can get old very soon. And, since it takes a lot of time, effort and gold to build a high quality twink, you really don't want to get bored after the first week or two.

No, when I say Gank, I mean something a little more challenging.

Take a geared twink to a zone at or a little above their level and hand out a beat down.

It is particularly satisfying to do it in such a way as to painfully annoy the opposing faction, like say, take a pink haired girl gnome into a tauren zone and make beef stew.

So, in closing I would just like to say that twinking is not dead.

It is alive and well, even if it has changed quite a bit since the first time I heard the term twink used.

And if you suddenly find yourself one-shot and a pink pom pom haired gnome rogue standing over your corpse T-bagging your head…..remember that it was done with love and in the spirit of fun.

Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

Love Gnoreen

PS

I am level 29
    Last edited by Gnoreen; 2011-07-26 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoreen View Post
    GANK the hell out of people....

Now please understand that when I say Gank, I do not mean the annihilation
    ... hand out a beat down...
    Im pretty sure what you are saying qualifies as ganking. Take a overgeared toon and kill others with a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoreen View Post
    ... in such a way as to painfully annoy the opposing faction...
    Yea still gonna lean towards ganking on that one.

OT: You should try twinking at 85. I heard Bliz supports that bracket pretty well.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a loaded question, as a Twinker there really are 2 kinds of Twinkers... legitimate players that do it to fight other twinks and people that do it just to rape players in the BG's and feel big about them self's.

Personally as a Twink I never targeted non-twinks unless there was a lack of targets to attack or they were supporting a twink I was going after. I just recently gave up my Twink to level her a few weeks ago. My issues it that so many Twinks out there would do nothing but rape people with no chance of defeating them, this i felt was vary poor sportsmanship. Sure it is a game but if you were in your local pool league and someone was acting like an ass all the time they would get kicked out of the league.

For years the Twinks made claims that if they had an ability to fight other twinks they would be happy, well they got what they asked for and a lot of them were not happy, it was the same as being Max level were a few classes in each bracket had a significant advantage over all other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    OT: You should try twinking at 85. I heard Bliz supports that bracket pretty well.
    But I don't get to one shot lowbies with no chance of resistance.

It's teh suxx. /sarcasm.

Goodbye twinking you stinking pile of unbalanced crap.

In before people (pvp noobs) vigourously defending twinking.

Im pretty sure what you are saying qualifies as ganking. Take a overgeared toon and kill others with a disadvantage.

They do have an advantage. 4-5 levels = Advantage, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Didn't you know? Bibi drinks Golden Chocolate out of Wine glasses that are made out of the frozen tears of the world leaders while relaxing in his yacht/submarine home made entirely of diamond(That's right diamond with no "s" as in 1 singular diamond yacht/submarine). On his days off from MMO-Champion(Everyday cause we do all the hard stuff obviously) he can be caught napping with the Gorillas of Australia.

lvl 80 twinking is the bestttttt

EU-Maelstrom Horde side, Guild name Legacy. /w Aelobin , Strongbowz, Lunsh for more info
    we have done:
    -Heralds of the Titans(Yes you can still get that title)
    - a lot of 25 content with 10 persons.
    - gearing up cata wise(full 308 or close to that)(scaling makes it awesome = more dps/healing/regen/avoidance then a 85)

Come join us! We are doing more and more content in the original gear. we help gear up, enchant and help you make a best in slot gear list for each tier)

Needing anny class to fill up spots for 25 man!!

rogue twinks one shot everything in 10-19 bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif View Post
    This is a loaded question, as a Twinker there really are 2 kinds of Twinkers... legitimate players that do it to fight other twinks and people that do it just to rape players in the BG's and feel big about them self's.

Personally as a Twink I never targeted non-twinks unless there was a lack of targets to attack or they were supporting a twink I was going after. I just recently gave up my Twink to level her a few weeks ago. My issues it that so many Twinks out there would do nothing but rape people with no chance of defeating them, this i felt was vary poor sportsmanship. Sure it is a game but if you were in your local pool league and someone was acting like an ass all the time they would get kicked out of the league.

For years the Twinks made claims that if they had an ability to fight other twinks they would be happy, well they got what they asked for and a lot of them were not happy, it was the same as being Max level were a few classes in each bracket had a significant advantage over all other classes.
    The only problem with the current system is that queue times take forever with only twinks. With the current brackets there is no particular reason for seperation between regular 19pvp and twink 19 pvp. If you cant manage to grab some gear thats not all greys by the time your pvping you really should just stick to questing.
    They even removed all the cool items/enchants that twinks could use that were unfair for everyone else.
    Also the pool thing, if you go to your pool league and beat everyone its not a problem. Its the guys with the /spit emotes in every pvp group that would be the people that get kicked out.

OT.
    1. start lv20 trial account
    2. pimp out lv20 in leveling bracket
    2. ????
    4. Profit

Twinking is easy... get a full set of BoA's and roll a hunter or rogue.

Deleted
    As a non-twinker i hate twinks lol, they almost 1 shot u :-( and then its not fun to do low lvl bgs

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    But I don't get to one shot lowbies with no chance of resistance.

It's teh suxx. /sarcasm.

Goodbye twinking you stinking pile of unbalanced crap.

In before people (pvp noobs) vigourously defending twinking.
    Because level 19 BG's back in BC was serious business, right?

I'd make a twink if I could play with this guy

Last edited by grandpab; 2011-07-26 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Now that leveling from 1-20 is now free and you dont need to pay for an account anymore im sure twinking will get better!

Not to forget level 70 / 80 / 85 can all get pvp titles by doing arena ^^

only for frost mages

the main prob with "twinking" at 85 is the ever changing so you kinda can't really twink. new gear is added faster or as fast as you can acquire it. so with that being said you must be at least one xpac behind to get the max gear char that ppl are aiming for.

Personally i don't understand what people gain from killing lowbies and ganking undergeared people.

Deleted
    I hated those twinks so much! Now.. i miss them It's all BoA and ur done! People put so much efford in making a twink... it's sad

Deleted
    are twinks still segregated? over the weekend i did a few on my lvl 70 twink and it was all other twinks i saw all night.

yet i seem to recall not too long ago playing and being in mixed groups.

either way queues for lvl 70 twinkage dont seem too bad

Quote Originally Posted by BullStizz View Post
    Personally i don't understand what people gain from killing lowbies and ganking undergeared people.
    Unwarranted Self-Importance.