I need your help~

Hi all,

I've got an important problem, and need your advice.

I'm 27 now and have a relationship with my gf about 1 year. We love each other, and have done what should be done. But we can't sleep together, because I'll snore while sleeping. She can't accept that, she'll be awaken by the noise. If she can't sleep good, I'll surely awaken by her. So the result is, we both will be very tired the next day.

Does anyone here have some advice to me, how can I make her accept the noise, or how can I stop snoring?

How can you make her accept the noise? With an iron rule and the occasional five across the eyes.

How can you stop snoring? Consult a doctor.

I'd start with the doctor and work your way down from there.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

There are several treatments for snoring that can pretty much get rid of it entirely. Definitely look into those. =) They really shouldn't bother you at all so you can both get a good night's sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    We need a relationship advice thread, soo many threads like this popping lately... OT: Snoring is a relationship killer o_O. There is treatment thoug. See a doctor and you might get time in a sleep lab

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell her to get used to it, I have to get used to my dad(who snores like hes a fucken loudspeaker) while he stays in the lower bunk in my room to let my mom sleep.

Have your adenoids removed. I don't really think they do much anyway, I had mine removed because of sinuses, and one of the side effects was no more snoring.

You are 27 years old and you ask in an internet-forum for a game for help?

You should get some family and friends to give you good advice. No one who manages to get and keep a relationship should have to ask here for things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeble View Post
    You are 27 years old and you ask in an internet-forum for a game for help?
    Bad.

But there are medical things you can do to solve your snoring "problem". Some are very simple.

Deleted
    Go see a doctor

well if she did't get used to it over a year... doubt she ever will, go to doctor, there might be something to help u :P

Deleted
    I snore too apparently, my better half uses ear plugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many ways to stop/lessen snoring to an acceptable level of noise, so I suggest you speak with a doctor. Good luck! =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    could just wear the breathe right strips those work lovely.

if it continues, something is probably blocking your nasal passage, which you could get surgery to remove

Have you considered sleeping in separate rooms? Cuddling is nice and all, but sustained lack of sleep can and will wear down a relationship. It's a basic need we're talking about here.

That said, snoring is a sign of poor breathing while you're asleep. Go see a doctor about it, you may even get higher quality sleep if you're able to fix it.
    Last edited by Selkhet; 2011-07-26 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have it fixed, always make sure to face away when you finally fall asleep or sleep in a different room.

Snoring is the exact opposite of anything you want to do to help a relationship. I know it's unfair, since it's something you can't help but in general it's a sign of poor health and very annoying to anyone that has to listen to the amazing racket. In many cases it's louder then a lawnmower Db-wise.

It's also very bad for health in general, poor nights of sleep will generally kill productivity and long term health as a whole over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Lose weight.
    Skinny/average people snore too, it's an abnormality in the sinuses or the structure of the throat.

Fixing it medically or just thru behaviour is the only solution.

doctors can do some things to help. my stepdad snores pretty badly and got some surgery to reduce his snoring but that never worked. my mom uses earplugs at night if his snoring is bad enough, but she's gotten pretty used to it over the years. i suggest going to the doctors to see what they suggest and asking her to give earplugs a try. good luck!

Yeah stop breathing when you sleep :3

Thanks for all your answer. I was doubting if doctors can do something about this. So I asked here for some advices. So it seems that I should go to a doctor. I really don't want to sleep in separate rooms even after we married. But it's strange, I'll snore but I can sleep very well...