Thread: ButtonFacade?

ButtonFacade?

So recently after switching to a new computer and being to lazy to do a new UI I hadn't been using anything except elvui for my ui to look nice and shiny but just decided to customize my own UI so I opened up my curse client got bartender no problem pitbull with no issues and then i looked for buttonfacade and I couldn't find it so I go to the curse site look it UP couldn't find it do a google search see a thing called masque that says it used to be buttonfacade but see that it hasn't been updated since 4.0.6 anyone know what happened with buttonfacade and where I can find it UPDATED FOR 4.2?

Yes I know it was renamed Masque but that one hasn't been updated in quite some time either
    Last edited by MSTRKRFT; 2011-07-26 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!

Does that one still work though because i see it hasn't been updated in nearly a year

Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!

I use buttonfacade, but the skins are very limited. i believe it's the same one that was posted earlier, though that could just be an additional thing that needs to be downloaded, a skins pack or something of the sort.

Note that Buttonfacade has been renamed to Masque. Also there are some default skins, but most are "sold separately".

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    Note that Buttonfacade has been renamed to Masque. Also there are some default skins, but most are "sold separately".
    Yes I know it was renamed mask i mentioned that in the non bolded part but that one hasn't been updated since 4.0.6

Bolded bit wasn't there when I made my comment... Any case, it works perfectly fine for 4.2. Just because an addon hasn't been updated doesn't mean it won't function perfectly.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The 4.0.6 version works fine, just tick "Load Out Of Date Addons" in the addon selection screen in WoW.

Just remember - unless Blizzard changed something that an addon needs, old versions continue to work perfectly. In this case, there's been no changes to how actionbars or frame placement/coloration works since some time in Wrath. There's been no real need for updates, so it hasn't been updated.

I do NOT suggest using Masque at this point - some addons don't work with Masque yet (he made MANY changes to how the addon itself works - it's not just a renaming). Some addons do work. Some other addons are in fact killed by the current implementation of Masque (if you use StUF unit frames, for example - the config screen will not load at all if you use Masque).

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    The 4.0.6 version works fine, just tick "Load Out Of Date Addons" in the addon selection screen in WoW.

Just remember - unless Blizzard changed something that an addon needs, old versions continue to work perfectly. In this case, there's been no changes to how actionbars or frame placement/coloration works since some time in Wrath. There's been no real need for updates, so it hasn't been updated.
    THANK YOU for finally answering what I was asking was wondering if the load out of date will still work considering 4.1 really messed up a lot of addons

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    4.1 (and 4.2) only messed up addons that used the Combat Log. They had no effect on the vast majority of "look and feel" addons, such as BF.

Heh... there's an addon I use (Align) that hasn't had it's CODE updated since mid-BC - the only adjustments have been changes to the TOC so it doesn't show up as out-of-date.

For future reference, you can post comments/questions at WoWAce.com, Curse.com or WoWInterface.com in regards to Masque. The current release on WoWInterface.com will work fine with 4.2. You'll just have to load out of date add-ons. It hadn't been "updated" because it didn't really need it.

There's currently an alpha on WoWAce (the project page) for those wanting to test the new version out. It's stable and about to be put into beta. As far as compatibility goes, Masque is compatible with ButtonFacade skins, but not the other way around (you can't use updated skins with the old version of ButtonFacade). Masque is also compatible with most add-ons still using the ButtonFacade's API.

If an add-on throws errors or something breaks because of Masque, it helps if someone posts a ticket or something so I know about it. I don't use every add-on in the game and I'm surely not going to test every add-on that uses Masque to make sure it's working.

That said, I've just committed a few changes (on WoWAce) that will fix the issue with StUF's options breaking because of Masque.
    Last edited by StormFX; 2011-08-22 at 02:58 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I knew I was forgetting to do something about that, StormFX.

Thank you for the wonderful addon (and skins) - ButtonFacade has been a much simpler addon to use than it's predecessor (I can't even remember the predecessor's name anymore).

Also, thanks for the fixes for StUF - my apologies for not submitting a ticket. :>