Deleted

My driver wont update

Im trying to get the latest driver for my laptop,
    the graphics card is AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and my driver version is 8.635.0.0 but when i lauch the game im trying to play it says the i should have at least 11.6, and then i have really bad fps but whenever i try to get the new driver from AMD website it says it has installed but when i check it is still the older version.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most laptop drivers have to be updated through the laptop manufacturer's website. Try that then get back to us.

Deleted
    just tried that and according to compaq my driver is the latest version but then AMD says 11.6 is : <

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 12:29 AM ----------

and age of conan still says my driver needs updating or its gunna behave unstably

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried a clean install rather than just over the top, ie delete old driver/s

Deleted
    ye i have and still nothing

It's set up that way so you have to use the Laptop Vendor's driver's which are really just ATI's with possibly a few tweaks, and possibly just to make you get it from them. You need a modded driver to use something beyond what the laptop manufacturer provides. Go to the forums at laptopvide2go.com and see if they have a modified driver that will work, otherwise, you can't do much about it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Usually there are old and outdated drivers on manufacturer's site, but cant really do anything about it.

On my HP laptop I can only find 1 year old graphics drivers on HP site -.-
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |