10+ Year Old Account

Little Prot Trinket Help

Hey Guys

So basically, I Unlock the Moonwell Phase of the Molten front today, and The reason im doing so is to get the new Trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=70143#comments

At the moment im using
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59332/sy...-worm#comments
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=56280/po...rab#dropped-by ( dodge reforged to mastery as i have a tiny bit more dodge than parry)

Is it worth Dropping Porcelain Crab For the new Moonwell Phial trinket? im sitting at
    14.04% Dodge With Blessing of Kings
    14.14% Parry With Blessing of Kings
    53.24% Block With Blessing of Kings
    164k Hp With blessing of kings

Im not sure whether its worth dropping the dodge and mastery and the Chance on hit trinket, for this new Stamina trinket with on use Dodge, or Drop Symbiotic worm and switch the moonwell phial with that

the reason im confused, is that really, i dont see myself Dropping below 35% Hp much, and the 963 Mastery Dosent seem all that good if i dont drop below 35%
    on the other hand, i raid BWD / BOT / TOTFW with Porcelain crab, im not sure whether its better to have more HP and drop just under 2% Mastery , and a Chance on hit mastery which gives A LOT of block
    i added my hp up there because im not sure whether 164k is low, i dont use any stamina gems straight up, just the green Mastery and stam gem

id link my armory but it currently shows my ret gear, so its useless

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if you would profit a lot from the proc of the crab. Remember that block won't give you anything if you are over 102.4%.
    You should check your numbers with horn of winter + mastery buffood and then look how much you benefit from the procs.
    And the 365 trinket from the new dailys is quite nice for some fights but (imo) not on every fight. For example baleroc for decimation blades it is really nice - But you have to stand in the puddel so if you need to move (add tank on nef comes in my mind) this trinket will give you nothing but stamina.

Deleted
    The answer is simple: Replace your Crab with Mirror from TB dailies. Phial isn't that good of a stamina trinket (even normal Worm is a lot better). The option of having 2 stamina trinkets is stupid until you are at CTC cap. There are obviously encounters where you would prefer a bit larger health pool (hc Beth'tilac?) but in almost every case avoidance > stamina.
    Mirror will no doubt still be the best trinket in the current content.

There are threads about Prot Paladin trinkets up every day. Try to look them up and ask your questions on an existing thread instead of making a new one.
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2011-07-27 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    EDIT:

How exactly? Decimation Blades hit for exactly 90% of your health. This cannot be avoided or mitigated, and in fact, the less total health you have, the less healing your healers have to do to get you up between Decimation Blade hits.
    Wrong.
    You can dodge/parry decimation blade hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    The answer is simple: Replace your Crab with Mirror from TB dailies. Phial isn't that good of a stamina trinket (even normal Worm is a lot better). The option of having 2 stamina trinkets is stupid until you are at CTC cap. There are obviously encounters where you would prefer a bit larger health pool (hc Beth'tilac?) but in almost every case avoidance > stamina.
    Mirror will no doubt still be the best trinket in the current content.

There are threads about Prot Paladin trinkets up every day. Try to look them up and ask your questions on an existing thread instead of making a new one.

EDIT:

How exactly? Decimation Blades hit for exactly 90% of your health. This cannot be avoided or mitigated, and in fact, the less total health you have, the less healing your healers have to do to get you up between Decimation Blade hits.
    Erm? .. how is 482 stamina and a proc that is useless to a CtC capped paladin better than 510 stamina and a 1700 dodge/20 sec use?

And yep, you can dodge decimation blade.

For the OP's question; get the Mirror of Broken Images ASAP, it's a great trinket even into Firelands .. pair it with the Moonwell Phial for now and hope for the Spidersilk Spindle drops from Beth'tilac .. but keep the Phial handy for Baleroc.

Deleted
    My bad. You can't mitigate the damage but avoiding the attack is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungit View Post
    Erm? .. how is 482 stamina and a proc that is useless to a CtC capped paladin better than 510 stamina and a 1700 dodge/20 sec use?
    We aren't talking about a CTC capped Paladin, and with decent gear Worm proc will at least bring you very close to the cap with a short cooldown.

I wouldn't concider using Phial (apart from certain cases) unless if assuming that you reach CTC cap with only one avoidance trinket, in which case I might still rather gem for full stamina and pick up Spindle with Mirror. Depending on the situtation though, dodge procs are very good on some encounters.
    Another option could be the Avenger's reputation trinket providing passive dodge, and properly used the 'use' isn't that bad either.
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2011-07-27 at 05:14 PM.

Acually the best avoidance trinkets you could prolly get is the spidersilk spindle, and the hyjal rep STR trinket, since the STR also equals parry, you get a mastery/on-use parry trinket, even tho mirror would be better where heres more magic dmg then melee.

On topic, Until you can get 2 mastery trinks, id stick with 1 stam trink and 1 avoidance trink, but of course you should eventually get 2 stam trinks and 2 avoidance trinks for fights which require more of 1.

i currently use my scales of life and spidersilk spindle until tonight when i get revered and can get the trinket, and i have my vials trink from theralion for a high HP fight i can put on scales and vial
    Last edited by Wollie; 2011-07-27 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's to my understanding that when you reach the 102.4% cap, you might want to start reducing your mitigation (mastery, block) and raise your avoidance while still keeping your 102.4% number.

It's also to my understanding that even at 102.4%, a trinket providing a +avoidance boost is still useful.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's to my understanding that when you reach the 102.4% cap, you might want to start reducing your mitigation (mastery, block) and raise your avoidance while still keeping your 102.4% number.

It's also to my understanding that even at 102.4%, a trinket providing a +avoidance boost is still useful.
    Correct, If you have full CTC and then gain addition dodge/parry (Say being at 105% via trinket etc.) the extra dodge/parry will replace block %. Upon reaching the cap it is better to replace block with dodge/parry.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should add, my CTC is at 86.33% atm

As stated, the reason im hesistant of symbiotic worm is that i never drop below 35%, so atm its just a stamina bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    I should add, my CTC is at 86.33% atm

As stated, the reason im hesistant of symbiotic worm is that i never drop below 35%, so atm its just a stamina bucket.
    That's just impossible, with the way bosses hit, you drop below 35% a lot. No one stays at 100% all the time nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalief View Post
    That's just impossible, with the way bosses hit, you drop below 35% a lot. No one stays at 100% all the time nowadays.
    Im not raiding atm other than BWD, TOTFW and BOT 10 man Normal, Ive neverseen myself drop that low recently other than Chimaeron, probably has been a few times, but is it enough to justify the trinket?