Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    No its not lol. Hardcore player adjust his real life things to the game and play to achieve something, always doin his best n game, being prepared, doin researches. Casual player plays for fun and dont really care bout serious gaming.

It has nothing about time spent.
    Hardcore people do play for fun btw. But yes hardcore players schedule their time on a consistent basis for raiding, arenas, etc. Hardcore players are more competitive when it comes to progression.

Hardcore = 100% dedication you put everything in to what you do.
    Casual = so so, doesn't really bother where you're going to end up.

Another way of saying the same thing in a different context.
    Book collectors Hardcore = I have a library containing thousands and thousands of books and rare literature
    Book collector Casual = I have 5 children books and a few others i don't know the title of, oh I have a phone book does that count????

Deleted
    Casual = WoW around Life Schedule
    Hardcore = Life Schedule around WoW
    That is my definition.

because of the times casual and hardcore meanings really have changed. a hardcore has nothing to do with gear how much time you really put in to ur character or any of that basically my percpetion is...hardcore is doing hardmodes casual isnt really. just maybe attemping the,. they get it? thats great they dont? they dont rage quit and throw there comp out the window.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by hmmlol View Post
    Hardcore? People are too good at calling someone who raids a few nights a week hardcore.
    I'm an ex (real) hardcore player.
    Hardcore in my books is this:
    Wake up whenever the fuck i felt like it.
    Flick on PC
    Get a cup of coffee
    Back to PC
    Play until i'm in pain with hunger
    Eat
    Back to PC
    Play until just before raid.
    Eat.
    Raid.
    Sleep.
    Repeat.
    15 hours + a day with lack of hygeine no job, lost majority of friends, became a social invalid. Yeah. That's hardcore.
    Thankfully I pulled my head out of my arse and got a job but yeah. That's what real hardcore is.
    Agreed (done that as well)

I think people mix up hardcore and casual with good and bad. There are *lots* of bad hardcore players and probably even more very good casual players. But to me, a hardcore player is someone who raids 16, 20 hours a week minimum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    No its not lol. Hardcore player adjust his real life things to the game and play to achieve something, always doin his best n game, being prepared, doin researches. Casual player plays for fun and dont really care bout serious gaming.
    Uh, no. It is about time (check the common term on this thread). A casual can also play to achieve something, doing his best in the game and being prepared for the casual time he plays. And a hardcore can also play for fun and not caring about serious gaming (aka, hardcore AH players/farmers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungit View Post
    Hardcore = puts the game first and arranges their life around it .. won't attend parties/functions that are on raid nights.
    Casual = plays around real life commitments.

I consider myself a casual raider. Two nights a week are my raid nights, so if I have something else to do then I won't arrange it for those nights, however if something else crops up (a friend having a party, for example) then I won't decline that invitation just so I can stay home and raid.
    hum by your definition... im hardcore... my friend must hate me :x

I usually play everyday and raid seriously, raid is for me more a hobby then a game, but i don't wanna raid more then 2 days a week cuz... you know... i have a life :3

Hardcore
    Casual

so technically im between hardcore and casual ?
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-07-27 at 06:01 PM.

You're a pro or a noob, that's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elica View Post

Someone told me that air is bad, so I've decided to stop breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    You all realise after they get World First Paragon raid for 1d/week, right?
    According to you, this makes them casual..lol
    Yes, but thats because they clear the content in one night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore-Unemployed Euro living on hand outs from The State

Casual-Has a job

A Hardcore player is someone that made a commitment to the game, someone that views that game more as a job then as a hobby because that is what they enjoy. Now this DOES NOT mean that someone that is a hardcore gamer has no life and plays video games all day, this is a very common assumption amongst casual players.

A Casual player is typically someone that is restricted on the time they can play during the week, whether it be school, family or a job. As a result of their time restrictions, they view the game differently then someone who may have more free time then them. They view the game as more of a hobby then as a Hardcore gamer. They come home every night from work or something and they just wanna sit down and enjoy a video game for an hour or so then go back to whatever they need to do.

This is just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    Hardcore - Someone who raids on a specific schedule, logs on every day to do Dailies/Daily grinds.
    Casual - Someone who plays casually.

There isn't a skill difference. Each type of those players should still perform well when they do log on, it's just a matter of how often they log on and if it's scheduled or not.

There are bad and good players in both of those types.
    Someone who raids on a specific schedule is hardcore? Lols that is the most idiotic thing i've ever read. That could mean you play 2 nights a week for maybe 2-3 hours, in what way is that Hardcore at all? Dailies take all but 30 minutes to do...

I used to raid lead in LK, I was the general stereotype of raid leaders, knew the role of everyone in said raid and everyone thought I could of done their job better, had a really bad temper when it came to progression. usually was always farming for raid crap when I wasn't raiding, (lol who did dailies back then), or worked the AH with the excess I got from farming and wasn't needed. This was all at a certain point at night, usually 5-10pm EST here in the states, raiding 8-11pm on a good night, raiding three, sometimes four nights a week. but we got shit done when it came time to put our game faces on, cleared H LK 10 before cata hit.
    That was while I was maintaining a steady job during the day and doing family stuff on random nights. I considered myself hardcore back then, quickly it all halted when Cata hit and I found myself simply not caring enough to keep up with that gamestyle, so I just do as I please now. Don't really regret it, miss the good times sure, but eh, who knows.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2011-07-27 at 07:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess if I were forced to specify, I'd say someone who plays the game a lot or raids 4-5 nights a week or something. But generally I don't really see people in terms of hardcore or casual, or whatever. I see players as good players, ok players or bad players (and lots of shades of gray in between).
    I'm a crazy taco.