Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear Blues - Bring Old School AV Back!

Dear Blues;

I know you've discussed the challenges when creating more maps for PvP... but how about bringing back old ones? I miss the old school AV that took hours to complete. Can this maybe be brought back but just split from the normal random pool? I know not everyone wants to join up for a lengthy session, but I also know I'm not alone because my PvP circle talks about this all the time. So many great aspects of AV have been lost... from summoning to air bombardments... all because it's turned into the AV blitz. What once was a epic battle has lost all depth.

Surely somebody stuck the old scenarios settings on a flash drive somewhere...?

This isn't the official forums, blizzard won't see you here.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    gl grabbing any blues on this forum.

i'd like an old skool AV, but i think after 4-5 games id go back to the 'newer stuff' - rose tinted glasses and all that.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Deleted
    Dear Verdandi,

You seem to be mistaking this forum with the official forums that are actually maintained by Blizzard Entertainment. This forum is nothing but an extension of the fan site MMO-Champion.com and has no official Blue readers or posters. You will not find any Blizzard Service Representative posting on these forums.

Regards, Gnowo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're not Blues, I would like to see the older Alterac Valley back however.

GL getting [Alterac Valley Veteran] in old AV
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do wish summoning was easier and/or occurred more often, but bringing back hours long battlegrounding just doesn't sound appealing to me. Even if I raid a few hours in a night I have the ability to take some breaks or tab out, something I'd never dream of doing in a bg. Additionally, I would have a lot less invested into a long AV because currently I can only choose up to four friends to try it with. I wish premades happened again at that size.

And if you hadn't heard already, blues don't come to these parts. They can't control the QQ.
    Last edited by Magellann; 2011-07-27 at 07:21 PM.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Honestly, I didn't actually expect to get an official response. I was curious to see how the topic would be received.

It always makes me lol when someone is writing here and thinking its Blizzards forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    Honestly, I didn't actually expect to get an official response. I was curious to see how the topic would be received.
    Obviously with people telling you to go look for blue elsewhere, as there aren't any here.
    What did you think would happen?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    didn't really seem that was with the title 'Dear Blues" and at the beginning of the OP, sounds like you thought you were writing an email to them

Deleted
    The usual respones:
    ''This is not official forum''
    ''It must be pure nostalgia for I didn't like the old model and god forbit anyone did''
    ''Everything after Original WoW/BC sucks yadiyadiyada''

Why do people even bother making these threads anymore...?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Never. Old school Alterac Valley was the second biggest mistake in World of Warcraft history (Paladins are the first).
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

wtb more interesting mechanics in bgs. screw vehicles... they clearly fail.... but having the bases in wsg lay down dodge-able artillery fire on center field would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love oldschool AV. If they brought it back, I would never queue for anything else. Ever.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed my mind on my response to this thread.

First- Obviously, this is NOT the official forums. There are NO 'blues' here.

But, there seems to be some confusion among people as to what constitutes 'old school' Alterac Valley.

Old School Alterac Valley is any of the versions of AV before 1.11. Alterac Valley has not substantially changed since then, including quests.

Nothing mentioned as being 'missing' in this thread actually are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

These are forums discussing WoW that aren't supported by Blizzard, how is my post unlike anything else in here? Nobody cares... Just enjoy the thought or move along. I don't mind the current AV, I just enjoyed the epic battles of old. It's not for everyone, nor was my post suggesting that. And just because a blue may not speak up, doesn't mean they don't check here out of interest. That's like saying the President doesn't watch the news. If ya'll don't like a forum post, just ignore it. I miss old AV, I posted about it. The End.

BUT
    If you're a fan of the AV that had depth and a match that might just span 24 hours, please enjoy speaking up. Maybe somebody will take notice.

P.S.
    Validity your gnome avatar's neck looks broken. I like that.

old alterac valley doesn't fit into the new WoW known as Honor-Grinding-Fest

But is it fun to play for 5-6 hours in one BG? Really?
    We already waste enough life time for this game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    in the last AV I was in, there was no PvP whatsoever. There was literally 2 lines that ran right pas t each other in the middle of the field to go down the boss. Your opinions may differ, but I don't consider that as entertaining as the older version was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    in the last AV I was in, there was no PvP whatsoever. There was literally 2 lines that ran right pas t each other in the middle of the field to go down the boss. Your opinions may differ, but I don't consider that as entertaining as the older version was
    Agreed. AV was fun when it actually involved PVP, not /waving at the other faction as you run past each other to zerg a PVE objective.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.