High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand, Attending the proper ceremony of Dranosh Saurfang

Leveling through Northrend

Hey, i just got my alt to northrend and i was wondering. did the 70-80 exp get lowered with the release of cataclysm or am i wrong. if so how much was it lowered

Yes, it was like 20% if i rememebr right.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was indeed lowered by 20%.

XP needed for a level is now around 1.2 - 1.3 million between 70-80.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Yes, it was like 20% if i rememebr right.
    This is correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, 20%, and it's not as painful as I thought it would be on my 7th alt going through it this time around. Just turn on some tunes, do the quest, and you'll spend a max of two days there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently doing it for the 9th time, and even with full heirlooms it's a giant pain in the ass :/

I make sure to do all the walrus people quests...good for 2 or 3 levels and you get the epic fishing rod at the end of them if you do a couple of dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    I'm currently doing it for the 9th time, and even with full heirlooms it's a giant pain in the ass :/
    4th time im goin through northrend since cata is realeased, if u do allmost all quests in borean tundra and dragonblight and dungeons when u got quests for them u should be around 77-78 pretty fast.

What i did with my priest then was spamming HoL with a good tank and do massive pulls, u will clear it in around 15 mins then and you will get around 200-250k exp with full heirlooms i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    This basically.

I think Northrend will always be my least favorite part of the game. :/
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

northend is a really bad grind and ill never want to do it agian. but in full heirlooms you should get throught it in about 2 days if you do quests you already know ..also stay out of boring zones.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having full heirlooms for most classes, I've leveled up a few chars post cataclysm. My advice is don't stick around a zone too long, if you're high enough level to go to the next zone, do it. More experience, money, and faster leveling. I used to hang around each zone until I would get the quest achievement, and if you didn't do dungeons then by the time you just about finished the achieve you would be ready to leave the zone. But with more heirlooms available, it just isn't advantageous to stay around zones too long.