Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Working Moonwell Chalice + Meta all-in-one macro

Now, I realize by using this title I am going to get people either looking for something that is still not possible or people coming here to troll me because they think I am wrong. I also realize that some of you might already have a macro like this, but I am posting this for those that do not. Until recently I was using 1 macro for cooldowns (chalice and demon soul) and 1 macro for metamorphosis. I found that activating both of these in a timely fashion lost me some time and sometimes MWC would still be on CD from Synapse Springs (which doesn't show on the icon) and I would end up accidentally blowing Meta without it. This macro will not allow you to cast meta unless you cast MWC first.

So here it is:
    #showtooltip [stance:2, mod:shift] Demon Leap; [stance:2] Immolation Aura; [nostance] Metamorphosis
    /castsequence [stance:2, mod:shift] Demon Leap; [stance:2] Immolation Aura; [nostance] reset=20/combat 14, Metamorphosis
    /cast Demon Soul
    So how does it work exactly?
    • First and foremost, Moonwell Chalice must be in your #14 slot (which is the bottom trinket slot)
    • The 1st press will activate the moonwell chalice
    • The 2nd press will activate Metamorphosis (only if moonwell chalice is up!)
    • The 3rd press will activate Immolation Aura
    • Holding shift+press will cast Demon Leap while in Metamorphosis

Drawbacks to this macro:
    • Some of you prefer to use Meta on CD and not wait for Chalice. If so, this macro is not for you.
    • I tested pressing this macro as fast as possible and I still got the chalice going into Meta. Your own latency could affect this, however.
    • If you accidentally cast this while MWC is on CD from Synapse Springs, it will waste some of your Demon Soul

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I hope this works for you.
    Last edited by Stridulent; 2011-07-28 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very similiar to mine, I have something like.

/showtooltip Moonwell Chalice
    /castsequence reset=40 Moonwell Chalice, Metamorphosis, Demon Leap

you get the idea.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Looks like a strong macro. I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow.

Update: Tried it and I bow to your macro prowess good sir.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2011-07-28 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    how does demon soul work in that macro ? anytime you press any button it will activte ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    how does demon soul work in that macro ? anytime you press any button it will activte ?
    Demon Soul will activate on the first key press. That being said, if you are having the latency issue and you need time before the first press and second (because meta isn't snapshotting the chalice), you could hit this macro once, hit your instant summon felhunter macro, and then hit this macro one or 2 more times for Meta and Immolation Aura.

Deleted
    thanks, sounds even sexier than Dora the explorer

Am I missing something? I don't see Moonwell Chalice anywhere in that macro...

Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    Am I missing something? I don't see Moonwell Chalice anywhere in that macro...
    Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to mention something. Moonwell chalice is the "14" in the macro, right before Metamorphosis. That being said, MWC must be in your slot 14 (which is the bottom trinket slot) for this to work.

Quick question. I was comparing your macro to mine and I think ours might work the same and I only have to use my macro once. I tested the dps on a training dummy with your macro as well as mine and it seemed to come out the same. In your opinion does the meta snapshot the Moonwell Chalice?
    #showtooltip Moonwell Chalice
    /use 13
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /use Demon Soul

Quote Originally Posted by chaotamer View Post
    Quick question. I was comparing your macro to mine and I think ours might work the same and I only have to use my macro once. I tested the dps on a training dummy with your macro as well as mine and it seemed to come out the same. In your opinion does the meta snapshot the Moonwell Chalice?
    /use 13
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /use Demon Soul
    The major consensus of these forums and many other lock forums is that no, your macro will not snapshot metamorphosis. You can easily test this by doing the following:
    1. Remove all gear that has procs on it, i.e. power torrent, lightweave embroidery, trinkets, etc, and dismiss your pets.
    2. Use Metamorphosis without MWC, shoot a couple of shadow bolts and record the damage for non-crits.
    3. Wait for meta to come back off CD, use your macro. Shoot a couple of shadow bolts and compare the damage. If it is the same, your macro is not working as intended.

Edit: However, it is always possible that Blizzard might have hotfixed this in some way. I will look into testing it when I get home.
    Last edited by Stridulent; 2011-07-28 at 08:17 PM.

Alrighty, sounds good. Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    @stridulent, That's actually more complicated than it has to be. I just mouse over shadowbolt (which shows 10.070 dmg without anything but fel armor)
    Pop macro --> read tooltip
    pop spells in macro 1 by 1 starting with trinket --> read tooltip
    difference? macro doesn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    A macro like

/use Moonwell Chalice
    /cast Metamorphosis

won't always work. You're basically rolling the dice. When I first got the trinket I played around with this kind of macro and if you watch your buffs really closely sometimes Meta will pop before Chalice. Since they're both off the GCD there's no guarantee chalice will pop first even though it's earlier in the macro. That problem is solved by a castsequence.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Quote Originally Posted by chaotamer View Post
    /use 13
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /use Demon Soul
    This macro is indeed still not working as intended with the snapshot so I would definitely recommend using mine or a castsequence one similar to it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, working on a better macro for meta/moonwell has been on my mind. Thanks for doing it for me. [:

Macro sounds great anyway, we'll see how it works in practice!

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Is it strange that I don't mind hitting all the CD's one by one? am I actually wasting that much time by not macroing it?
    I use Chalice then Demonsoul then bloodfury (orc) then meta then doomguard (if it is the appropriate time to use him.)

Quote Originally Posted by quesadilla View Post
    Is it strange that I don't mind hitting all the CD's one by one? am I actually wasting that much time by not macroing it?
    I use Chalice then Demonsoul then bloodfury (orc) then meta then doomguard (if it is the appropriate time to use him.)
    question is how much buttons you can hotkey or even show on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by purefury View Post
    question is how much buttons you can hotkey or even show on screen.
    Basically this.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, sometimes (but not all the time) This macro messes up for me.
    I pop the trinket no problem, but even if everything else is off cooldown, I can spam the macro but all i get is "That ability isn't ready yet". Sometimes it resets just fine, and It'll work two times in a row, other times It only ends up using the trinket and nothing else goes off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    For me, sometimes (but not all the time) This macro messes up for me.
    I pop the trinket no problem, but even if everything else is off cooldown, I can spam the macro but all i get is "That ability isn't ready yet". Sometimes it resets just fine, and It'll work two times in a row, other times It only ends up using the trinket and nothing else goes off.
    Same to me.