Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    A macro like

/use Moonwell Chalice
    /cast Metamorphosis

won't always work. You're basically rolling the dice. When I first got the trinket I played around with this kind of macro and if you watch your buffs really closely sometimes Meta will pop before Chalice. Since they're both off the GCD there's no guarantee chalice will pop first even though it's earlier in the macro. That problem is solved by a castsequence.
    this is the one i use to avoid chalice not being active at the time of meta activation:
    #showtooltip Metamorphosis
    /use [mod:alt] 13
    /use [nomodifier:alt] Volcanic Potion
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Metamorphosis
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Demon Soul
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Immolation Aura

i activate it first with the ALT modifier, activating only chalice. immedietly afterwards i release ALT and click twice more rapidly for the rest. the quarter-second lost is easily acceptable for ensuring chalice is up at the moment of meta activation. there is not much point in activating chalice at any other time than right before Meta, since Meta DOES snapshot. it basically means you will get an extra 19% spell dmg increase for the the whole 36 seconds of Meta, with the extra 1700 mastery. popping it at other times will only get you 19% demon dmg increase for 20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    For me, sometimes (but not all the time) This macro messes up for me.
    I pop the trinket no problem, but even if everything else is off cooldown, I can spam the macro but all i get is "That ability isn't ready yet". Sometimes it resets just fine, and It'll work two times in a row, other times It only ends up using the trinket and nothing else goes off.
    I had found out that if you have the engineer glove proc recently used it won't allow you to use the MWC. It throws a 15 or 30 second CD on it. This might be your problem, or it could be the macro. As far as I know the macro has worked every time for me.

Yes, make sure you put the engineer glove proc in the same macro at the end. Pop it right after chalice expires.

/use 14
    /cast Demon Soul
    /run if GetTime() - (M or 0) > 60 M = GetTime() end
    /castsequence reset=30 Metamorphosis, Demon Leap,Immolation Aura
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Deleted
    *must cast demon leap* in order to *cast immo aura*

= why u do dat, bro ?

You don't always use demon leap, whereas you will use immo aura most the time... example 1: Ryo adds spawn on you

Macro in first post did not work for me. It was hitting Meta before the Chalice buff applied. Maybe I have just enough less lag for it to not work : /

So far nothing I've tried from here has worked for me. It's always applying Meta before the Chalice buff is applied. Haven't tried the most recent one posted tho, so we'll see how that goes ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Macro in first post did not work for me. It was hitting Meta before the Chalice buff applied. Maybe I have just enough less lag for it to not work : /

So far nothing I've tried from here has worked for me. It's always applying Meta before the Chalice buff is applied. Haven't tried the most recent one posted tho, so we'll see how that goes ...
    Is Chalice in your bottom trinket slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Is Chalice in your bottom trinket slot?
    It is in the correct slot. I didn't say it wasn't applying the Chalice buff at all ... just with the lag between using the trinket and the buff applying, I am in Meta before I've received the buff.

Deleted
    It is in the correct slot. I didn't say it wasn't applying the Chalice buff at all ... just with the lag between using the trinket and the buff applying, I am in Meta before I've received the buff.
    That's always the case.
    I just want to point out, do not macro mwc and meta into one keypress, even if both fires, the meta will not snapshot the mastery from the trinket, which would have been what you were aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    That's always the case.
    I just want to point out, do not macro mwc and meta into one keypress, even if both fires, the meta will not snapshot the mastery from the trinket, which would have been what you were aiming for.
    Well maybe I misunderstood the whole point of this thread, but I was under the impression the goal was to craft a macro that would, indeed, work the way we want it to (regarding applying Meta only when the Chalice buff is already active).

Deleted
    Well maybe I misunderstood the whole point of this thread, but I was under the impression the goal was to craft a macro that would, indeed, work the way we want it to (regarding applying Meta only when the Chalice buff is already active).
    You'll need to do that in a castsequence, only way afaik.

You'll need to do that in a castsequence, only way afaik.
    Yes, it's the cast-sequence macros in this thread I've tried that are not doing the trick.

Deleted
    Yes, it's the cast-sequence macros in this thread I've tried that are not doing the trick.
    Hmm the only reason I can think of right now would be that you're mashing the button too fast

Yeah, in the original post he says he tested it pressing it as fast as he could and it still worked the way he wanted ... also he says it should only put you into Meta if the Chalice is up ... I just tried it without any trinket at all in slot 14 and it still put me into Meta ... oh well. Separate keybinds for the Chalice and Meta it is.

Edit/Update:

I kinda don't get it ... when I apply the Chalice manually, there really doesn't appear to be a lag between when I hit it and when the buff appears. But I've been doing extensive testing, and none of these macros are applying the buff before I go into Meta.

BTW, I'm testing by watching for how much my shadowbolt does ... ie, no buffs (all proccing items unequipped). Regularly my sbolt does 6 and change. With just Meta it's 9 and change. With pre-Chalice (manually) and then Meta, sbolt is 11 and change. Every castsequence macro here I've tried, has my sbolt hitting for 9 and change.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2011-08-11 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephista View Post
    this is the one i use to avoid chalice not being active at the time of meta activation:
    /use [mod:alt] 13
    /use [nomodifier:alt] Volcanic Potion
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Metamorphosis
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Demon Soul
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Immolation Aura

i activate it first with the ALT modifier, activating only chalice. immedietly afterwards i release ALT and click twice more rapidly for the rest. the quarter-second lost is easily acceptable for ensuring chalice is up at the moment of meta activation. there is not much point in activating chalice at any other time than right before Meta, since Meta DOES snapshot. it basically means you will get an extra 19% spell dmg increase for the the whole 36 seconds of Meta, with the extra 1700 mastery. popping it at other times will only get you 19% demon dmg increase for 20 seconds
    Question:
    If Metamorphosis makes a snapshot of your statistics upon activating it, wouldn't it be better to activate it as the trinket's buff is almost wearing off?

Quote Originally Posted by aftermidnight View Post
    Question:
    If Metamorphosis makes a snapshot of your statistics upon activating it, wouldn't it be better to activate it as the trinket's buff is almost wearing off?
    I was under the impression that Meta only snapshots your Mastery.

Deleted
    Question:
    I was under the impression that Meta only snapshots your Mastery.
    Yes only your mastery.
    And you could argue that you could use 19 secs of the buff and then fire meta to extend the use of the mastery, but a) you lose damage if you don't fire meta as soon as reasonable, b) in a fight like baleroc, my meta usually is ready before mwc (depends also indirectly on your haste level, though), and waiting for mwc to be off CD AND then waiting another 19 seconds I'm sure would be a dps loss as well.

Yes only your mastery.
    And you could argue that you could use 19 secs of the buff and then fire meta to extend the use of the mastery, but a) you lose damage if you don't fire meta as soon as reasonable, b) in a fight like baleroc, my meta usually is ready before mwc (depends also indirectly on your haste level, though), and waiting for mwc to be off CD AND then waiting another 19 seconds I'm sure would be a dps loss as well.
    Oh alright, I personally feel that total damage done is more important then dps but that answers my question ty.

Deleted
    Oh alright, I personally feel that total damage done is more important then dps but that answers my question ty.
    It will lower both when you wait too long to fire meta after the CD. If waiting means you lose one whole meta, you certainly lose damage.
    And if you follow the ABC rule (always be casting), more dps translates into more damage done proportionally. By more dps I ofc also meant more damage done, which you are right to say is what counts.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-08-11 at 10:52 PM.

Do you need a castsequence for the Soul Casket trinket as well? or can I just put it in a 'normal' one?