Deleted

There is something wrong with 10man Baleroc after Hotfix which was made to HC25man

Hey basically i was in 10 man fire land yesterday and we were doing Baleroc gatekeeper and something seems wrong after the hotfix which was only made to heroic 25man, since our tank was on full health so more than 90%, but when the boss does decimation on the tank he takes 450k damage and dies instantly. This happened at random times e.g. when the boss is at 40% or 65% even 80% causing the raid to wipe. Therefore, i believe that the 25man hc has also affect 10 man normal or something by mistake. Could you please tell me what is happening asap. Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelistic View Post
    Hey basically i was in 10 man fire land yesterday and we were doing Baleroc gatekeeper and something seems wrong after the hotfix which was only made to heroic 25man, since our tank was on full health so more than 90%, but when the boss does decimation on the tank he takes 450k damage and dies instantly. This happened at random times e.g. when the boss is at 40% or 65% even 80% causing the raid to wipe. Therefore, i believe that the 25man hc has also affect 10 man normal or something by mistake. Could you please tell me what is happening asap. Thank you
    this sounds exactaly like when your tank has the 'tormented' debuff which inc shadow damg taken by 150% so a decimation bladehit will hit him for 90%X2.5 = 1 shot tank

I agree with Viglante on that. We did have a bit of trouble on Baleroc this week, but we had a reserve healer in who had never done the fight...and I failed on timing my buff for decimation blade...twice. We one tank it so not a lot of room for dumb healer fail.

Baleroc hits with Decimation Blades a couple times so it might be your tank not being topped off to 90+% health in between swings, which would mean it could be a healer fault.

I doubt the hotfix that lowered his health changed any mechanics.

Deleted
    It may be worth a look at your logs to see if the tank picked up the tormented debuff by mistake (hard to do i know, but possible). We had a couple of attempts last week where this was the case and basically our tank got one shotted for 1.5 million damage on decimating strike

Not sure if this is what will have happened in your case but it's always worth ruling out

gl

edit:

Viglante beat me to it, damn these fat fingers!!

Deleted
    Thanx every1 for the replies its just this week something seems off cus we have downed him like 3 times this would be our 4th. In respect to the healing the tank was always 90%+ before decimation as i made sure of it, since am the healing officer. I will check whether tank took torment buff by mistake, but are there any other conclusions people may have? Thanx

On our 25man HC kill last week we had our Feral Tank taking Decimation Blades with Tormented and we saw no diffrence in damage taken. Decimation Blade always hits for a fixed amount and as such the debuff should not make a diffrence to your tanks. I doubt this is any diffrent in 10man.

last stand mystery solved.

We one shot Baleroc 10m last night, so I don't think it was a hotfix issue. I'll agree with those above and say it was probably Torment on the tank.