Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staart View Post
    So what? The money's not an issue for me and I'd like a computer that always works and I don't have to put any effort into it.
    The only issues i've had with my windows PCs not working are from user idiocy (young children destroy technology). I've not put any effort into any of my windows machines and the computer that has caused me the most headaches has been my iMac. I know this is anecdotal evidence but it's been over many years using and helping friends and family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    I like how people that buy apple products are sheep. I think you forget that when the iPhone 4 was released, it was leaps and bounds better than any other smart phone on the market, but of course it's just people blindly following the logo.
    No it wasn't, you were told by Apple it was better.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? The money's not an issue for me and I'd like a computer that always works and I don't have to put any effort into it.
    Macs don't "always work". Nothing does.

And your entire argument is pretty weak. You could pay the same price you would for a mac, but have a rig built that's twice as good/upgradeable/and most importantly, NOT a mac.

Let me guess, you're the person that prefers mac OS because it "can't get viruses"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even know what a computer is? I mean by this comment, I am unsure.
    You sound like the person that claimed Macs were hack proof.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 02:42 AM ----------

Only if I spend tons of my own time which I can use to earn money into it? I've had my fair share of PCs and I can say I'm much more satisfied with my iMac.
    You can buy a dell, a retard proof Pc, for a quarter of the price, and get just as much performance. The entire 2 minutes, I had to waste plugging it in and hooking up the monitor.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-29 at 02:42 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Steve Jobs. He's just too good.
    Worse than the sheep are people who think he makes these things by hand, or even had much more say than hey lets add "x", engineers get to it. And thats only when hes not sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    I have an iPhone 4, needed a smart phone. I enjoy the looks of it, and the fact that I already know how to jailbreak one to do whatever the fuck I want with it. I'm not sure if you can jailbreak other phones, but this is what makes the iPhone the best imo.
    Is this a serious post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Is this a serious post?
    This just in, you can only jailbreak Iphones.

"I bought a blue car the other day, I ended up painting it red, and thats what makes blue the best colour."

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    This just in, you can only jailbreak Iphones.

"I bought a blue car the other day, I ended up painting it red, and thats what makes blue the best colour."
    It has to be asked... it's very difficult to tell if it's satire or just a really absurd statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    Go ask anyone on the street or in a store and show them 2 pictures (one of an ipod and one of a generic mp3 player) and ask them to point to which one is an mp3 player. I bet 9/10 of them think an ipod is not an mp3 player.
    Just to be a snarky arse. An iPod is not an MP3 player. The file format for Apple devices is M4A/M4P.

Sig created by Darknstormy

Work in the IT business, 4 +years experience.
    Lots of people have their "favorites" i know, but let me tell you about apple.
    Wifes crapbook that she inherited 2 years ago from her sister (before i met her, or she would not have gotten a mac ) I buy her an ipod for her b-day, tries to install software, apple says "Nope need to have our superb cat named OS to install this" Me -call apple- Crapple tech on phone "oh looks like that 2 year old pc can't even handle the new OS, need to buy 1k craptop *snickers* Me -plugs ipod into my Windows 7 PC, proceeds to DL all the music wifey needs, no problems whatsover-
    Thanks Crapple!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Do you even know what a computer is? I mean by this comment, I am unsure.
    You sound like the person that claimed Macs were hack proof.

You can buy a dell, a retard proof Pc, for a quarter of the price, and get just as much performance. The entire 2 minutes, I had to waste plugging it in and hooking up the monitor.
    with my master in informatics I can hardly be called computer illiterate, but I just wanted to share:
    during the last 20 years I've used and/or owned macs I've had three blue screens, two were caused by equipment overheating.

my PCs have crashed on and off during the years, had BIOS corrupted, failed to read perfectly good discs, had services unexpectedly crash on me without telling me... a lot of very obscure things. I don't mind the crashing so much, I mean, I do when it actually happens but not in the long run, I can live with a crash every now and then, but it's still an experience I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by ottovon View Post
    Work in the IT business, 4 +years experience.
    Lots of people have their "favorites" i know, but let me tell you about apple.
    Wifes crapbook that she inherited 2 years ago from her sister (before i met her, or she would not have gotten a mac ) I buy her an ipod for her b-day, tries to install software, apple says "Nope need to have our superb cat named OS to install this" Me -call apple- Crapple tech on phone "oh looks like that 2 year old pc can't even handle the new OS, need to buy 1k craptop *snickers* Me -plugs ipod into my Windows 7 PC, proceeds to DL all the music wifey needs, no problems whatsover-
    Thanks Crapple!
    Apple made a deliberate choice to phase out PPC macs in favour of being able to run 64 bit applications on absolutely everything, but backwards compatibility was still available through the use of rosetta, so I really don't see the issue.

also your story doesn't make sense, overall.
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2011-07-29 at 03:00 AM.

Is this a serious post?
    Good thing you pointed out the bold. As It says, I'm not sure about other phones, I just know the iphone. I really don't give a fuck about a phone, it's a phone not a computer. If I can jailbreak it, if I can call with it, then it's fine. The fact people are making such a big deal out of is pathetic. Who the hell cares? Just buy the phone you want. And because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, the jailbreak is not just for cosmetics. There's many apps that are not on the app store, or they're illegal.
    Last edited by Zarios; 2011-07-29 at 02:58 AM.

Only if I spend tons of my own time which I can use to earn money into it? I've had my fair share of PCs and I can say I'm much more satisfied with my iMac.
    You act like owning a PC is a constant hassle when it isn't. I've probably wasted more time trying to find Mac versions of Windows applications on my Mac then I ever had personalizing my PC. When was the last time you had a PC, the stone age?

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    Macs don't "always work". Nothing does.

And your entire argument is pretty weak. You could pay the same price you would for a mac, but have a rig built that's twice as good/upgradeable/and most importantly, NOT a mac.

Let me guess, you're the person that prefers mac OS because it "can't get viruses"?
    The fact is that my Mac has always just "worked" over the past 4 years. I haven't even ever turned it off. I am talking from experience here.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You act like owning a PC is a constant hassle when it isn't. I've probably wasted more time trying to find Mac versions of Windows applications on my Mac then I ever had personalizing my PC. When was the last time you had a PC, the stone age?
    I still have one.

Most people on this planet are quite stupid and that's just how it is.

[User has received an infraction for this post. Don't insult the majority of people alive. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-07-29 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    with my master in informatics I can hardly be called computer illiterate, but I just wanted to share:
    during the last 20 years I've used and/or owned macs I've had three blue screens, two were caused by equipment overheating.

my PCs have crashed on and off during the years, had BIOS corrupted, failed to read perfectly good discs, had services unexpectedly crash on me without telling me... a lot of very obscure things. I don't mind the crashing so much, I mean, I do when it actually happens but not in the long run, I can live with a crash every now and then, but it's still an experience I've had.
    Macs are manufactured by one company, Pcs by many. If you don't know what you're buying, its gonna crap out.
    Buy a Mac, if you're not comfortable in buying a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post

Apple made a deliberate choice to phase out PPC macs in favour of being able to run 64 bit applications on absolutely everything, but backwards compatibility was still available through the use of rosetta, so I really don't see the issue.
    The fact that I was being told my only option was to upgrade a two year old system for the sole purpose of being able to run an application that can run on its competitors platform I think the whole deal with this thread is saying how people will shell in to their personal favorites without asking why or what or whatever. To me buying apple is just to be part of that label. You have had good experiences with apple, thats great, i know a lot of people who have. Is microsoft the best? IDK. its all i have used, and i have been frustrated as hell sometimes, but its again just a familiarity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Good thing you pointed out the bold. As It says, I'm not sure about other phones, I just know the iphone. I really don't give a fuck about a phone, it's a phone not a computer. If I can jailbreak it, if I can call with it, then it's fine. The fact people are making such a big deal out of is pathetic. Who the hell cares? Just buy the phone you want. And because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, the jailbreak is not just for cosmetics. There's many apps that are not on the app store, or they're illegal.
    I think you misunderstood. Go back and re-read your post and then you might understand why I wasn't sure if you were being serious.

I think you misunderstood. Go back and re-read your post and then you might understand why I wasn't sure if you were being serious.
    Meh, I'm done with it. I'm pretty tired, only 4 hours asleep so half the things I'm saying are jibberish. It's not that big of deal to anyone anyway, I'll just say I prefer iPhones.

Tired debate is tired.

Seriously, the same points have been made and are being made right now in hundreds of thousands of threads on hundreds of thousands of sites.

And they are the same points that have been made since roughly 1990.

Bored now.