Majordomo threat issues.

We spent some time on Staghelm last night. We should have it by our next raid night. I had only 1 issue tanking. I noticed I was missing a lot more than normal, especially in the beginning. This led to our mage dieing a few times, and an early brez. I seemed to be missing so much, initial threat was crap. It wasn't just 1 attempt due to bad rng, but the entire night. I have only missed with such consistency 1 other time, on chimaeron. Other than stag and chim, I have never missed enough to be a problem. Anyone else notice they miss more on Majordomo staghelm than usual? Or is it just me?

10+ Year Old Account
    No hunters or rogues in the raid? I misdirect pull on Domo to help with the threat for that exact reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    We spent some time on Staghelm last night. We should have it by our next raid night. I had only 1 issue tanking. I noticed I was missing a lot more than normal, especially in the beginning. This led to our mage dieing a few times, and an early brez. I seemed to be missing so much, initial threat was crap. It wasn't just 1 attempt due to bad rng, but the entire night. I have only missed with such consistency 1 other time, on chimaeron. Other than stag and chim, I have never missed enough to be a problem. Anyone else notice they miss more on Majordomo staghelm than usual? Or is it just me?
    Mage dying? what kinda mage is he, he should pop mirror along with him burning (asuming he will at the start) and do a invis when it ends.

I have the same issue but with a moonkin, we just salved him like 15 seconds in and it seemed to work..

I Do miss and get dodged/parried a buttload(along with lag) for scorpion+BL

if the mage is in melee range he pulls threat at 110% ??

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Mage dying? what kinda mage is he, he should pop mirror along with him burning (asuming he will at the start) and do a invis when it ends.
    ^ This. A mage -CANNOT- die from aggro unless he or she doesn't know how to use skills. Period.

BTW taunting the boss sets you on par with the highest threat on the boss, so why not just taunting him as soon as excess aggro generation wears off? Would be so easy if tanks understood this.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2011-07-29 at 07:35 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Agreed with what said above, a mage dying to aggro is just stupid.

Make him/her use mirror images during their burst phase, taunt off their insane burst threat[while mirrors is still up]. (I'm usually 50% above the tank while my mirrors are up) And then make them invis right before mirrors end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    BTW taunting the boss sets you on par with the highest threat on the boss, so why not just taunting him as soon as excess aggro generation wears off? Would be so easy if tanks understood this.
    That's how hard mode Hodir was tanked back then. A mage went over the tank by miles under mirror, tank taunted, mage invised, there you are tons of aggro.

we noticed same issue last night on Majordomo, we are 2 MM hunters in raid and both misdirected tank 2x (readiness) at the beginning of the fight but he got too much misses and we had to FD to reset aggro..normally there is no way we overaggro tank..ever

The mage does pop his cd's, but I feel bad that he has to. Oh, and we pull with md. I pop wings, throw my shield, dp, sotr as my opener. And I have salved him, but again, I don't want to be THAT low on threat that I have to.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, you aint responding to the OP's question.
    He's asking if there is anything special why he misses this much on majordomo.

@ OP:
    Wish I could tell you, but havent been raiding for some weeks now so I can't help you.

The mage does pop his cd's, but I feel bad that he has to. Oh, and we pull with md. I pop wings, throw my shield, dp, sotr as my opener. And I have salved him, but again, I don't want to be THAT low on threat that I have to.
    Well if you don't want to you could gear for hit/expertise, but considering the problem only lies in the first 20 seconds of the fight it would be a huge waste, compared to a mage using invis. You shouldn't feel bad that a DPSer uses the tools he was given to get out of threat issues, it's why locks have soul shatter, rogues vanish, hunters FD and mages invis.

The reason threat on majordomo is so low at the start is that he doesn't do a lot of tank damage in the first 20ish seconds of the fight, so you really only start to get vengeance when he starts swiping the raid, and then you will pull ahead by miles.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8045&e=8474

On that kill the damage seemed low for the first 20-25 seconds and after that it almost didn't go below 10k.

You don't miss get parried/dodged more often than on any other boss, it just seems that way because vengeance is low and because ranged DPS starts nuking before it's even in your attack range. That last part is true in our case at least, we have a hunter FD the boss to me and everyone just stands in the middle of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Posid View Post
    Well if you don't want to you could gear for hit/expertise, but considering the problem only lies in the first 20 seconds of the fight it would be a huge waste, compared to a mage using invis. You shouldn't feel bad that a DPSer uses the tools he was given to get out of threat issues, it's why locks have soul shatter, rogues vanish, hunters FD and mages invis.

The reason threat on majordomo is so low at the start is that he doesn't do a lot of tank damage in the first 20ish seconds of the fight, so you really only start to get vengeance when he starts swiping the raid, and then you will pull ahead by miles.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8045&e=8474

On that kill the damage seemed low for the first 20-25 seconds and after that it almost didn't go below 10k.

You don't miss get parried/dodged more often than on any other boss, it just seems that way because vengeance is low and because ranged DPS starts nuking before it's even in your attack range. That last part is true in our case at least, we have a hunter FD the boss to me and everyone just stands in the middle of the room.
    When it takes me 5 seconds just to get off my SotR, it's def not my vengence stacking. Not to mention, takes 20 seconds to get enough holy power for SotR, because my CS keeps missing. Also, they don't start dpsing until I throw my shield, which is not long before hes in melee range.

When it takes me 5 seconds just to get off my SotR, it's def not my vengence stacking. Not to mention, takes 20 seconds to get enough holy power for SotR, because my CS keeps missing. Also, they don't start dpsing until I throw my shield, which is not long before hes in melee range.
    Well I don't know what to tell you, there are no mechanics in the fight that reduces either expertise or hit, and he's a lvl 88 like any other boss. If you have any kind of logs I bet I could prove to you pretty fast that you don't miss more in this fight, than on any other fight. Im pretty sure it's the vengeance and you're just not noticing it, the difference is huge.

Deleted
    Haven't noticed any issues myself. I do get unlucky streaks occasionally but it happens on almost any boss.

This is also a boss where it is appropriate to use exorcism on pull, assuming you are moving him into the centre of the circle to start.

Its a tuff pull threat wise, I use recklessness at start (cos im a warrior) and this tends to set me up well, then taunt if anyone over 100