Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    I always look at stats like this and laugh. 1st, we're talking about the top 100 in the world, and most likely that's probably multiple attempts by the top 10 guilds, with alt runs etc... so in all likelihood it's the top 50 players in the world. And to compare that with the average wow raider vs top 100, there is going to be a world of difference, not only in skill, but a huge gear gap as well.
    Alts do not rank top 100, also a lot of top guilds do not use public logs, also you can set the data to all data avaiable instead of top 100.
    The point is the site is great for data analysis, the problem is the misuse by people who can't understand what the data means.

This is a very inacurate screenshot for classes. (for the moment at least)
    The first is the common bug, where some guilds upload a short sample of a down (20-40sec). We have in this condition some numbers that are impossible to reach in a 10mn fight.
    If we look in detail, there's some strange report, like double the dmg done, a strange spike of dmg, etc.
    And the more, the under representation of certain spec. If we look the ice mage, we see that for have a ranking, we just have to ... down the boss. Or at least, not to die during the fight. Have a difference of more than 30%-50% dps(e), is completely absurds on a boss that have "normal" mechanics.

This is not the fault of raid bots, because it simply take the WoL database.
    A part of this fault come to WoL. A lot of report are not check.
    And for finish, no one, because it's normal in this condition of HL pve, that the players choose the most efficient spec. Perhaps the devs for not balance the class very well. But, I'm pretty sure, for a certain class with a max of 0.5k dps average between all spec, most players go on the most played class that seem to do the more damage. A good exemple of this is the demonology. This is a very good dps in mono if we are at cac, but just a few, play it, cause it has the false reputation of a aoe spec only. (less now, since Firelands)
    Last edited by Tikal; 2011-07-29 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Backlines to not have a wall of text

Quote Originally Posted by Tikal View Post
    This is a very inacurate screenshot for classes. (for the moment at least)
    The first is the common bug, where some guilds upload a short sample of a down (20-40sec). We have in this condition some numbers that are impossible to reach in a 10mn fight.
    If we look in detail, there's some strange report, like double the dmg done, a strange spike of dmg, etc.
    The bugged logs don't matter since those numbers are not an average, 100k dps or 1 trillion dps the median stays the same.

Don't Mages keep saying their PvP overpoweredness is offset at being bad DPS? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    That chart makes me love being a SPriest so much
    That chart makes me think most of it is fake.
    SP can only achieve this in multidot/AOE environment.
    Single target SP dps is outright pathetic.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.
    Yes, but the solution is not turning it into the worst possible sword with 3.5 speed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House
    We have only one epic 2 hand boe melee weapon in the ah and you bring it on par with ilvl 359 weapons from the previous tier.. and completely ignore or forget the fact that other classes can already purchase ilvl 378 weapons from the ah. You only see one side of the coin and this is sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to keep in mind, this is ONLY TAKING THE TOP 100 Parses. You are looking at ONLY the top of the top parses, not all of them. When you switch to all parses though, you will find a lot of specs are lower than what is being shown here.

the hunter from the artworks looks awesome. I like that he's wearing shoulders from Zul Aman, like many others including me :P

Linking the top 100 parses is inherently a bad idea, since some specs are literally 10 times as popular as others. All this does is under represent hybrid classes and make them look worse than they really are, compared to say, mages and hunters who only really have one viable spec (and thus that spec is more popular, and the top 100 ranks make up a smaller percentage of the class).

Here we can see the difference between most specs is marginal: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/30/default/
    Here we can see the relative popularity between specs: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...0/samples/#3vv

Using this as a tool to directly compare where players 'should' be is a bad idea, since you're effectively just setting a higher bar for people playing Arcane, MM, Shadow, etc. It's the same reason less popular classes get ranks on WoL far more easily even when under performing. Comparing their DPS to overall DPS, rather than a specific number of players, is a far better idea.
    Last edited by Gunba; 2011-07-29 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course mixing logs from 6 different fights and trying to get an absolut number we'll give us a meaningless number. If you want to know how classes are performing I suggest you enter the site and check the data separated by fights.
    I wish that people like the Author of this post would link USEFUL data to the people. But I guess that's asking too much. I just find it really disturbing how many readers take these numbers seriously.
    SP can only achieve this in multidot/AOE environment. Single target SP dps is outright pathetic.
    I wouldn't go that far, but yes, we're not No.1 in ST-Fights. Were not supposed to be.

Deleted
    Hope they don't nerf spriest even more because of this. I doubt all fireland bosses have adds to aoe with them... or?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hope they don't nerf spriest even more because of this. I doubt all fireland bosses have adds to aoe with them... or?
    There's an opportunity to multidot on everything except Baleroc and Staghelm (although you also wouldn't need to multidot on Shannox Heroic).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still pretty sad that the Warrior average in DPS is only 28k, while Unholy DK's are still logging as the worst spec in the game yet I know so many people who are hell bent on playing that crappy spec despite the fact that I out DPS them on most Firelands bosses. The top melee specs are still doing considerably less DPS overall then Arcane Mages and a few other ranged classes. People who are dismissing this chart though are blind to the fact that in the last 30 days worth of parses, the average DPS numbers are pretty much exactly like what is posted on the main page today. Shadow Priests are still leading the way on averages at 27k while the top melee specs are 3 and 4k behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sadface at how low fire mage and destruction warlock are

Deleted
    I prefer the specscore listings. It normalizes the values per fight so you get a better comparison of a specs overall dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Demo locks so high? I'm wondering, why...
    Demon is a fairly decent overall dps build now. Though we're still relying on double dipping bugs with the Doomguard and imp procs.

Its quite clear from that chart....that we need moar frost mages!

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly Unholy needs buffing again.

Hrm, the chart appears to be missing BM hunters. Not surprised in the least to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagrat View Post
    Hrm, the chart appears to be missing BM hunters. Not surprised in the least to be honest.
    Yeah if you go to the site it says the data would be skewed for Frost mages and BM hunters as less than 1% of people who participated were those specs. And yeah....its really skewed. It showed like 100 dps which is not accurate for those specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont take that so seriously ppl. first of all, i doubt devs tune classes by things posted on MMO-champ. scnd i would say first three /shadow, balnce and afli/ are benefiting from multidots and minor dps loss due to movement.