Deleted

How will this comp run 25man raids and is it priceworthy?

Hello

I'm trying to put a computer package togeather to play WOW 25man raids as good as possible and Diablo 3 once it comes out. I won't be using it for much other than that.

Here is the setup Ive putten togeather so far: inet.se/kundvagn/visa/673276/2011-07-29 (people that cba to copy paste the link here you are!)

Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M PRO REV B3
    Drive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
    RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1GB

and the rest does not really matter.

How well do you think this will run 25man raids? High / ultra? Also, think this setup is worth the price? I'd be paying about 1,000 euro for it.

Really hope someone can give me their thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fine to me. /shrug
    Make sure you have a decent power supply. You might want to go with a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD for your ... HDD. I'd go with a cheaper alternative to memory, as there's no real reason to get Vengeances aside from the cool heatsink.

Deleted
    What kind of memory do you suggest then? About the HDD, the one I got already is like twice as good as the Samsung for a small price.. imo, worht it for the loading time etc?

Deleted
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or not.

You'r asking if a new 1.000 euro computer will handle a game like WoW, Well ofcourse i will.
    If you want better performace i'd change the gpu for a cheaper one since wow doesnt rly care and upgrade the cpu, perhaps a i5-680? it's about the same cost.

If you want to play other games aswell, i'd keep the setup perhaps buy a heatsink and a noctua fan to eez up the OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehsecret View Post
    What kind of memory do you suggest then? About the HDD, the one I got already is like twice as good as the Samsung for a small price.. imo, worht it for the loading time etc?
    Wait what? No, the Samsung is better price->performance and probably faster.
    (It is.)
    Memory wise, you could get away with cheap G.Skill/Corsair/Patriot/Mushkin RAM. There's really no difference anymore.
    Just make sure it's 1.5v at 1333/1600.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 07:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quilox View Post
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or not.

You'r asking if a new 1.000 euro computer will handle a game like WoW, Well ofcourse i will.
    If you want better performace i'd change the gpu for a cheaper one since wow doesnt rly care and upgrade the cpu, perhaps a i5-680? it's about the same cost.

If you want to play other games aswell, i'd keep the setup perhaps buy a heatsink and a noctua fan to eez up the OC.
    Wait, what? You literally just turned around and suggested a vastly inferior set of parts. I'm not sure if you're trolling...

Also, lol at the double "Wait, what?"

10+ Year Old Account
    2x fraktfritt in the shopping cart ftw

But yeah it looks to be pretty much spot on. However you chose a mATX board which has fewer expansion slots and one less SATA-port compared to the full-fledged ATX P8P67 Pro. Looks to be a fair bit cheaper, though, so maybe you took this into account.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Looks fine to me. /shrug
    Make sure you have a decent power supply. You might want to go with a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD for your ... HDD. I'd go with a cheaper alternative to memory, as there's no real reason to get Vengeances aside from the cool heatsink.
    Caviar black has 5 years warranty and from what I hear decent RMA handling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    2x fraktfritt in the shopping cart ftw

But yeah it looks to be pretty much spot on. However you chose a mATX board which has fewer expansion slots and one less SATA-port compared to the full-fledged ATX P8P67 Pro. Looks to be a fair bit cheaper, though, so maybe you took this into account.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 12:15 PM ----------

Caviar black has 5 years warranty and from what I hear decent RMA handling.
    You also pay significantly more... If your HDD lasts 3 years, and outlasts Samsung's warranty, count yourself lucky.

Deleted
    You also pay significantly more... If your HDD lasts 3 years, and outlasts Samsung's warranty, count yourself lucky.
    This is true. I'll look into it abit more! About the memory stick I can't find any other one thats alot cheaper, its like 2 euro diffrence from what I can see

Wires, what board would you pick?
    Last edited by mmoc2f720dde0d; 2011-07-29 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove "Montering"(Build-for you) it is too expensive and it's easy to build a computer.
    Change to F3 as the previous poster suggested.

and upgrade video card to this one: http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=623947
    It's extra price on that one and is costing 2595 swedish crones, if you want you can add up 400 and go for a Gigabyte version, but Gainward is fine imo.

EDIT: Don't forget CPU cooler, I'd suggest Cooler Master hyper 212, it can bring your CPU up above 4.2ghz without any significant problem.
    Last edited by Algore; 2011-07-29 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Remove "Montering"(Build-for you) it is too expensive and it's easy to build a computer.
    Change to F3 as the previous poster suggested.

and upgrade video card to this one: komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=62394
    It's extra price on that one and is costing 2595 swedish crones, if you want you can add up 400 and go for a Gigabyte version, but Gainward is fine imo.

EDIT: Don't forget CPU cooler, I'd suggest Cooler Master hyper 212, it can bring your CPU up above 4.2ghz without any significant problem.
    I'm not gonna build it myself as I have never done it before. I know it's easy, everyone say that however.. I plan to use my old computer to learn how to build computers and next time I buy one I'll build it myself. Don't argue about this I'm not gonna change my mind

About the extra CPU cooler, think its needed? I'm not sure if Im gonna clock it yet and if I do, couldnt I just buy it later and add it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna build it myself as I have never done it before. I know it's easy, everyone say that however.. I plan to use my old computer to learn how to build computers and next time I buy one I'll build it myself. Don't argue about this I'm not gonna change my mind

About the extra CPU cooler, think its needed? I'm not sure if Im gonna clock it yet and if I do, couldnt I just buy it later and add it?
    That's fine. Ignore the people who say build it yourself. If you're not comfortable, you're not comfortable. AS far as the cpu cooler, yeah, you could probably add one on later if you don't plan on overclocking immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.inet.se/artikel/5321604/c...hyper-212-plus

Go with this one, cheap and priceworthy.
    EDIT: 785 Swedish Crones for montering is just insane and could be spent on quality stuff.
    Jesus christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    So samsungs disks generally can't survive 3 years of normal usage? Sounds horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    So samsungs disks generally can't survive 3 years of normal usage? Sounds horrible.
    Disregard that. I'm not going to argue hard drives in an entirely irrelevant thread. There's little speed difference between the two, and if you're buying stuff purely for it's warranty, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wires, what board would you pick?
    The board you picked is fine if you don't plan on using as many add-on cards. Say if you wanted to go SLI (with dual slot cards as many of them are) and on top of that want a TV-tuner card or a HW RAID controller card, then it might become a problem having such a motherboard. Otherwise no problem.

and if you're buying stuff purely for it's warranty, you're doing it wrong.
    Longer warranty has a value, it's as simple as that. Sure you can save some going for Spinpoint F3 and it might be what OP ends up doing I'm just saying it's priced higher and provides a longer warranty perhaps due to that.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-07-29 at 12:58 PM.