Deleted

Enough with the RaidBots misinformation!!

I've been on MMO Champion for 10 minutes today and i've seen three threads complaining about how high xx spec is and how their main is xx class and how their spec need buffing because it's xx number on the list.

Do you have any idea of what they do to get this information? Did you read it properly? They get the top 100 results from each boss and slap them together. I'm not sure if this counts things such as AoE but especially if it does, certain specs are going to get much better results. BUT!!! It's not about the DPS that you do. Are you in a top 100 raiding guild? No? Then shut up. If you aren't, no one cares about your DPS aslong as you are doing enough to kill the boss.

I'll give you an example of what is most likely going to happen now: Baleroc normal, someone does 18k dps, the raid leader tells them to get it higher, they come out with the response "I can't, my spec is the lowest for my class on RaidBots and StateofDps".

I've already seen this response once, and i want to save other people from having to deal with it. I don't want to name people in my guild but i'll provide an anecdote. We have a Ret Pally in my guild. On most fights he is pretty much equal with other people, apart from on Baleroc where he is about 4k behind (22k or so). Does that mean we won't take him? No. We take him because he can STAY ALIVE on fights. His DPS is competitive enough in fights where movement is needed, and he even beats the ranged on a few fights. I've seen the most whining on this forums about Ret Pallies being "bad". Can you please tell me how keeping around 21-22k dps on pretty much every boss in Firelands is "bad" whilst still being able to stay alive?

There's two other people in my guild who can replace him because they do better dps (We are a 10man guild so we don't have too many players) however, we don't, because we want him in the raid because he is reliable when it comes to doing a good amount of dps on all bosses, whereas the others aren't. Sometimes they do low DPS, sometimes they die from the most simple things. Basically, it's an L2P situation from them, but you get the idea. He also brings buffs that allow us to change around our raid group evenly.

My point is that people shouldn't take what they see from that SINGLE SCREENSHOT that Boub posted as being fact. If your not in a top 100 guild, you shouldn't be worried about your spec not doing the highest dps, if you are a good player, and you don't die from stupid things, you will get an invite. If you are in a top 100 guild, then go cry away about how bad your spec is. As for Rets, being 14th of 21 specs isn't bad. It's better than being 15th.

Stop moaning about imbalances, it happens. If you are a decent player, the gap isn't going to be massive. Look at WoL. And i mean WoL the WEBSITE. Not these online tools for taking the information out. Check the classes ontop there. Check those peoples gear. Check the fights. Check their buffs. There was a huge thing about a Rogue getting 42k on Baleroc, people complained about Rogues being OP and all this other crap. Turns out it was a bug with a trash mob outside Balerocs area. Think before you talk people, sometimes they are just lucky and get things like this. Or maybe they get very good RNG with procs and it's just a one time thing. It happens. Get over it.

Peace

And thank you for providing another one? (thread about it)

Deleted
    There was one thread about it when i posted this. That one only explained the numbers. It didn't attempt to show people that there is no reason to go over the top about how their class is "bad".

Certain classes have certain advantages. parses are also cheesed. balance druids leading on shannox? Most of those top druids are likely multidotting, even though the fight does not call for it. Look at how balance druids rank high on shannox, and low on baleroc. Obviously they are multidotting (even though it does 0 good) on the dogs.

The tool is good. People who don't know how to analyze data ... well ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life.

Same concept. Simply posting it like Boub did was pretty much the former. He gave them a chart and said "want to see if your class is underperforming? Well here you go!" Now im not blaming Boub, but he should know that if your going to post info like this, its a wise idea to post an Faq about it too, so people can use it properly, rather than taking it at face value.

But again you can't blame Boub because the information is there and even if he had posted a link to the Faq its doubtful anyone would read it. Its just a case of people being lazy and not trying to teach themselves anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life.

Same concept. Simply posting it like Boub did was pretty much the former. He gave them a chart and said "want to see if your class is underperforming? Well here you go!" Now im not blaming Boub, but he should know that if your going to post info like this, its a wise idea to post an Faq about it too, so people can use it properly, rather than taking it at face value.

But again you can't blame Boub because the information is there and even if he had posted a link to the Faq its doubtful anyone would read it. Its just a case of people being lazy and not trying to teach themselves anything.
    I don't think thats even entirely what that saying means. The information is there and accurate but it's also very misleading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I don't think thats even entirely what that saying means. The information is there and accurate but it's also very misleading.
    Its not misleading though. The information is there, people just aren't analyzing it properly.

For example, the top 3 are all dot heavy classes right? Well when it comes to multi target fights, whats to say they arent padding the meters? Or on fights like Alysrazor as I mentioned in another thread. That haste buff superpowers all Dots to an extreme level. If you put a dot heavy class in the air, they are going to do some SERIOUS damage on that fight. Thats also why Fire mages, as Bibi pointed out, peak to 52k, because of that one fight alone.

The info is there. People just aren't looking at it properly and no one is trying to help them either. They got given a chart and a link to the website. Nothing more. What do you expect to come from that?

Its not misleading though. The information is there, people just aren't analyzing it properly.

For example, the top 3 are all dot heavy classes right? Well when it comes to multi target fights, whats to say they arent padding the meters? Or on fights like Alysrazor as I mentioned in another thread. That haste buff superpowers all Dots to an extreme level. If you put a dot heavy class in the air, they are going to do some SERIOUS damage on that fight. Thats also why Fire mages, as Bibi pointed out, peak to 52k, because of that one fight alone.

The info is there. People just aren't looking at it properly and no one is trying to help them either. They got given a chart and a link to the website. Nothing more. What do you expect to come from that?
    If it's not misleading (depends on the intentions of the person who posted it) then it's poorly presented. The detailed analysis of each class as to why they were getting hyper inflated numbers should have been posted along with the data that was collected to prevent confusion and threads like this from happening.

It's accurate but poorly presented, thats all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    If it's not misleading (depends on the intentions of the person who posted it) then it's poorly presented. The detailed analysis of each class as to why they were getting hyper inflated numbers should have been posted along with the data that was collected to prevent confusion and threads like this from happening.

It's accurate but poorly presented, thats all.
    I guess this is the point I was trying to get across Its presented in a way to be basic, but if you look further and analyse the bosses seperately, you begin to see why. But if Boub had posted a chart for all 7 bosses, it would be quite a large news post

I guess this is the point I was trying to get across Its presented in a way to be basic, but if you look further and analyse the bosses seperately, you begin to see why. But if Boub had posted a chart for all 7 bosses, it would be quite a large news post
    Well then I guess we are in agreement

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why use this table as a base line, well that’s simple the top 100 parses are a representation of the best of the best. In other words the best people playing Pally dps right now can do no better than 25,317dps for last place, which once again is 9000k below first.

Why is it so hard to understand what everyone is talking about, no one really cares if there class and speck is number one, that’s not the issue! If you look at the graph that Boub linked you will see that out of the 100 best runs that the overall gap in DPS is 9000dps. Pallys were the lowest at 25,317 and Priests were high 34,712, this is what everyone is complaining about.

If you look at the top 15 dps averages (this sample covers 1 of every class) there are 3 rogues, 2 lokcs, 2 shammys,2 druids, 1 hunter, 1 DK, 1 warrior, 1 mage, 1 priest 1 pally.

There are 3 classes that no matter what speck they chose (pallys only have 1) that are not capable of being within 20% of the top dps, 20% is too large of a gap period. it is not balanced. It is as also of note that all 3 rogue builds are top 20% (none in top 10) as well as 2 locks.

The gap is the issue, not our place on the list.

anyone who can actually gain something from raidbots is smart enough to see the errors in how the information was gathered and disregard what needs to be. people who cant tell the difference were never in a position to actually benefit from it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.