Monitor non-responsive

So my mobo's back. (Yay!)
    And I had arranged everything back into my level 10 gt case. (Yay!)
    CPU back in place where it belongs... (Yay!)
    New thermal paste and cooler applied. (Yay!)
    And no signal to monitor. (Boo!)

It's a Gainward GTX 560ti. I know power's reaching it, as the fan on the card is spinning when I turn the machine on.

I think I've possibly missed something horribly stupid. halp?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you plug the monitor in
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Check the power plugs from the power supply.

Check and check...
    /sigh

Seeming to remember the GPU goes via the CPU, I removed the CPU. (And the cooler obviously.)
    And I can with some inspection that two of the socket's pins are bent...

/sigh x2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Check and check...
    /sigh

Seeming to remember the GPU goes via the CPU, I removed the CPU. (And the cooler obviously.)
    And I can with some inspection that two of the socket's pins are bent...

/sigh x2
    Face to desk. Try straightening them carefully with a mechanical pencil. (Linus did a tutorial on it. You'd have to Google, as I'm not sure which channel it's on, and I haven't the time to look.)

When I swapped the CPUs in mine to swap sockets I had an issue where one RAM stick was never detected. Two pins got bent and wedged between the CPU and the socket. Was a fairly simple task, aside from the case being heavy and sitting upright, to bend them back.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Well, that didn't work. Or it may work if I spend an ungodly amount of hours, but it didn't so far. /sigh #3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Well, that didn't work. Or it may work if I spend an ungodly amount of hours, but it didn't so far. /sigh #3
    /hug
    /pat
    :< If the warranty isn't up... you could try to say it got damaged in transit or something, and you just put it in the computer... Or you could just buy a new one if you have the $$. :<

I was considering buying a new one to begin with, either Gigabyte or MSI, given that I've been lead to understand that all my previous issues were natural, or to be clear: Meant to be. But I don't know what to do yet. It's friday night and their support's down for the weekend. Two days of fuckall while design oversight has disabled my computer...
    /defeated X_X

Why do they have those darn pins in the first place though? Couldn't they have flat surface against flat surface? Why was it necessary with pins? >_<

Oh, my warranty's still going strong. And I'm damn sure as all hell that I didn't cause the issue. *_*;
    Not much comfort after a week and a half of waiting for it to return to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you live anywhere near Oslo, spend the weekend putting roses on everyone's doorsteps for me.

Find a map of Norway. Point at Oslo. Now draw a horizontal line from Oslo to the other side of the country.
    Now you know where I live.

Will be heading to Gjøvik, which is not that far north of Oslo, in a bit over a week's time...