How is Boomkin pvp?

I went through seven pages of searching and could not find any threads(if i did they were outdated) on the state of boomkins in pvp. I haven't played in awhile and was just wondering how well they do. I played feral in 4.0 pvp and seemed to do reasonably well, but that was back when there wasn't much resilience floating around.

It's certainly very fun. I just got my full Vicious gear and a Ruthless chest piece and I'm almost considering droping PvE to go full PvP In RBGs you are very valuable : RootBeam is awesome against Mages, you also bring an unbreakable CC (Cyclone), situational healing etc ... if played well you can really enjoy your time. In arenas it's a little trickier, I play in a 2v2 team so I'm already positioning myself on the "entertainement bracket". If you're targeted you will most likely die very quickly but that's why you're a Druid ! Stealth, open with a CC, make your opponent use his trinket early in the game, wreck the vulnerable player, etc ...

All in all, Moonkins are definitely viable. You won't be rolling over people, but if executed well it's very challenging and entertaining to play. To do well, I'd say you have to master all the CC techniques you can use, all the escape strategies and know when you should spam moonfire and when you can stop and cast a couple hardcasts. I also opened a topic on the Druid forums about how to deal with different situations if you feel like participating

From a non-boomkin perspective; I have never had a problem killing a Boomkin as enhance, elemental or my hunter.

They may have been awful players albeit, but it's definitely not a class I feel threatened by ever, and probably the last thing I would consider killing first since they're so easy to lock down with shears.

Sounds fun. I wouldn't expect to own anybody, but I guess it would at least be enjoyable with all the utility and different things you could do. Druids are always far from a one button class which is always makes it fun. I just have a hard time remembering all my keybinds too, but practice helps with that usually.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    From a non-boomkin perspective; I have never had a problem killing a Boomkin as enhance, elemental or my hunter.

They may have been awful players albeit, but it's definitely not a class I feel threatened by ever, and probably the last thing I would consider killing first since they're so easy to lock down with shears.
    Like he said, from a non-boomie, I've steamrolled through every thunderchicken I've come across (I'm a feral), BUT I've seen some incredible peels come from a boomie and some nice uses of CC---2v2 I'd think no fun, but in 5s or BGs, they could definitely be a valuable asset.

lets just say if you plan on doing arena as boomkin 9/10 times ytou will be focused at start

^ Well, if you're starting arena games in Moonkin form you're obviously doing things wrong If you're not hugging pillars and forgetting to cyclone the caster, again you should change your approach. If you're targeted by a melee you have a lot of tools to get out : Barkskin -> Nature's Grasp is quite effective. Learn to change forms fast to get out of CC, use your Bear Stun, when you're kiting a melee around pillars use your Shrooms as a slow. As I said, Moonkins have a lot of tools, you just have to know what you're doing. Obviously if you're popping your treants when fighting a Warrior, no matter what you do you're not gonna last very long

Boomkins are alright, not the best, very fun, and good in rbgs, and 5s. For a while, i was in love with playing my boomkin, I couldnt play any other class becuase it was so much fun. Now they are more frustrating, and hard to get something rolling in arenas. I use to run boomy/rogue in wotlk at a 2k rating, it was great, now I cant even get close to 2k rating with boomkin at 2s and im a 2400+ player. Each season its harder and harder to play a boomkin, but if your into 5s and rbgs, i'd say go for it, because your deadly in those, and would be quite enjoyable.

I personally feel like a target dummy when I pvp as a moonkin. I don't have much experience with it though, I'm resto through and through with my druid. I got a friend who is pretty good though, had he played another spec he would have an easier time no doubt but he loves his owl and does fairly well with it. I can see moonkins becoming strongers once they can gather up enough gear with haste on it to actually get decent cast times.

Boomkins are pretty good in R-bgs but not really in arenas. They tend to get tunneled very very hard and die pretty easy but in r-bgs, if allowed to free cast, they can put out some very very nice damage.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very fun in BGs, not so much in Arenas.

You can really put out some good pressure on groups by multi-dotting and your peels and CC are really really good.

And if you can hardcast stuff while Eclipse'd you can blow stuff up pretty fast.

Dead, burried, dug up again just to get molested by blizzard, then burried again, and the blizzard pissed on your grave.

Balance is really, really bad no matter how good geared you are, you're not able to do much with your dots hence they're dispellable easily, no survivability ( Around 1v1-2v2 ) and ofcourse the damage is really low and needs hardcasting, typhoon is horrible aswell and mostly buggs and never does anything

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with a boomkin in my 3v3 team at 2758 atm over 2800 MMR. They're fine in arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowkryptikk View Post
    Balance is really, really bad no matter how good geared you are, you're not able to do much with your dots hence they're dispellable easily, no survivability ( Around 1v1-2v2 ) and ofcourse the damage is really low and needs hardcasting, typhoon is horrible aswell and mostly buggs and never does anything

Damage is far from really low

Boomkin pvp is really funny but hard to skill. It's powerful in RBGs, but if u are in arenas every DPS try to kill u first.
    If u tried to play boomkin in arenas u must know when and how to get out of stealth , that's the most important.