Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Elemental Lord Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running away from the flashing Blue Lights !
    Posts
    8,806

    Mission impossible - Rogue Nation



    Looking good for the next instalment, had no idea that this was even due out so it was a bit of a surprise to me to see it pop on my feed for a July release date.
    Hopefully (as much as I find him a funny and talented comedy actor) Simon Peggs character will have either calmed down the comical aspect or, keep the comical part but in a less prominent role, sort of like a counter part to Q in the bond films would be fine but not a field agent cracking jokes which imo was the bad part of the previous title that was otherwise a great MI movie.

    With the Bond, Man from U.N.C.L.E and now this, its looking like a great summer for action spy movies.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Akaihiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,344
    No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, M:I ended for good in 1990.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The clouds
    Posts
    6,412
    Mission Impossible are some of the few really great action movies. And Tom Cruise is for me the best action actor these days.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    3,230
    They usually put out decent action movies so I'll give it a shot.
    "He had his eye on the prize until pussy walked into the room."-Bill Burr

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    5,144
    i saw MI ghost protocol in an IMAX in sydney and didn't regret it. unreal movie.

    if this new one is just as good it will be a big success. How does tom cruise stay looking so young ???
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week what happens to imaginary friends when you murder them??

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Lord Commander Jon Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i saw MI ghost protocol in an IMAX in sydney and didn't regret it. unreal movie.

    if this new one is just as good it will be a big success. How does tom cruise stay looking so young ???
    He's probably immortal just like Keanu Reeves..

    On-topic: Preview looked good but i'll wait for the review before i see it.
    The North Remembers

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running away from the flashing Blue Lights !
    Posts
    8,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    How does tom cruise stay looking so young ???
    Scientology! Probably.

    Or a very good makeup team and a plastic surgeon

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    How does tom cruise stay looking so young ???
    funny, I thought there were some shots in there where he looked quite a bit aged.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The clouds
    Posts
    6,412
    Full Trailer:


  10. #10
    Still crazy that he's actually doing that himself on the side of the airplane.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The clouds
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Still crazy that he's actually doing that himself on the side of the airplane.
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/tom-cru...408491527.html Very interesting interview about how they did that stunt. Quite impressive.
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-03-23 at 10:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Mission Impossible are some of the few really great action movies. And Tom Cruise is for me the best action actor these days.
    Are you limiting your action viewing to US movies only? Just curious. Personally, Tom doesn't do much for me as an action guy, even though the MI series actually has been good(mostly). And I'm not exactly convinced those are good because of him specifically, anyway.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The clouds
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Are you limiting your action viewing to US movies only? Just curious. Personally, Tom doesn't do much for me as an action guy, even though the MI series actually has been good(mostly). And I'm not exactly convinced those are good because of him specifically, anyway.
    Yes. I was talking about big budget blockbusters.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Yes. I was talking about big budget blockbusters.
    Then expand your viewing. There are better action movies that aren't big budget blockbusters(ie, The Raid 1-2), though even as far as big budget blockbusters go, Fast 5 and 6(and potentially 7) are as full of as much awesome, insane, and over the top action as anything Tom has ever done.

  15. #15
    Legendary! Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The clouds
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Then expand your viewing. There are better action movies that aren't big budget blockbusters(ie, The Raid 1-2), though even as far as big budget blockbusters go, Fast 5 and 6(and potentially 7) are as full of as much awesome, insane, and over the top action as anything Tom has ever done.
    I do watch smaller movies. But when talking about mainstream big budget blockbuster movies Mission Impossible are easily some of the best.

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Akaihiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Then expand your viewing. There are better action movies that aren't big budget blockbusters(ie, The Raid 1-2), though even as far as big budget blockbusters go, Fast 5 and 6(and potentially 7) are as full of as much awesome, insane, and over the top action as anything Tom has ever done.
    This. The first M:I movie was so bad I walked out (well didn't walk out since it was a VHS rental) after about 30 minutes. As in, pressed the stop button and didn't look back. The fact that the surviving M:I cast also walked out of the movie, and Peter Graves *refused* to be in it no matter how much money they offered him should say something too.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    This. The first M:I movie was so bad I walked out (well didn't walk out since it was a VHS rental) after about 30 minutes. As in, pressed the stop button and didn't look back. The fact that the surviving M:I cast also walked out of the movie, and Peter Graves *refused* to be in it no matter how much money they offered him should say something too.
    The second one was worse. They did a really good job with 3 though, and 4 was good too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I do watch smaller movies. But when talking about mainstream big budget blockbuster movies Mission Impossible are easily some of the best.
    Nobody initially said anything about mainstream big budget blockbuster movies, it just said "action movies".

    And I still disagree, even limiting it to mainstream blockbusters I can think of others just as good or better.

  18. #18
    Legendary! Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The clouds
    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The second one was worse. They did a really good job with 3 though, and 4 was good too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nobody initially said anything about mainstream big budget blockbuster movies, it just said "action movies".

    And I still disagree, even limiting it to mainstream blockbusters I can think of others just as good or better.
    I was initially talking about mainstream. And since movies are heavily opinion based I'm not gonna continue arguing about it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I was initially talking about mainstream.
    That may be, but you do realize that was not stated(or even hinted at) in your initial statement of "Mission Impossible are some of the few really great action movies", aye?

  20. #20
    I liked Ghost Protocol so I'll watch this one, but I kinda miss the more suspenseful style of Mission Impossible 1. They've basically been straight action movies since.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •