Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, I'm kind of computer illiterate, I had raided ICC for awhile untill around when Ruby Sanctum came out, so I was pretty excited for that, and then it died on me because I couldn't afford any virus protection. I went out that night to Best Buy and got a cheap new one for like 300 bucks, which leaves me with this.

When it happened, though, my dad tried swapping out the harddrive with two other old computers and re-installing Windows and then tried putting Vista on it and it still refused to work.

this netbook

1.6ghz Atom , 1gb of ram, IGP Intel GMA9150

with the lowest setting possible @ 1024x768
    1-20FPS in 5man/Solo (around 15fps in general)
    0.1 - 0.2 FPS in Stormwind

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing on an amd 2800+ running @ 2ghz with 638 ram and msi radeon 9250 128 mb.It's hard to play but got nothing better /sadface.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Forget all the new kick ass computers. What was the worst computer you have ever played WoW on?

For me it was an Intel P3, 512MB PC133, Geforce MX440, and a 80GB HDD. It was like playing WoW through a power point presentation. But what truly matters is that I was there for the guilds first kill of Ragnaros. Playing a frost mage was super easy through MC.
    You can't really compare yesterday's WoW with today's WoW.

Deleted
    Amd Turion 64 x2 2.?GHz Dual Core, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400M G. Ran WoW at low, 1440x900. Heck I even played Crysis on it at 800x600 with ultra low setting configs at 25 fps.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    3GHz pentium 4 with some foxconn mobo and a asus 9200 gt and a 120 gig hard-drive used that in-till January 2010 well i kind of stopped playing for about 8ish months before that though

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When WoW first came out I was using a 1.8 ghz p4, geforce 4mx440 and 512 RAM. When I dinged 60, my guild pulled me into MC. Got like 10 FPS on trash mobs. Went out and bought a top of the line rig. Been keeping up with having top of the line stuff ever since. It's glorious.
    Nutter

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    You can't really compare yesterday's WoW with today's WoW.
    Captain Buzzkill swoops in to save the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will wow run on my crappy little toshiba notebook that I just got? It cost $500 and i only use it for uni work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Forget all the new kick ass computers. What was the worst computer you have ever played WoW on?

For me it was an Intel P3, 512MB PC133, Geforce MX440, and a 80GB HDD. It was like playing WoW through a power point presentation. But what truly matters is that I was there for the guilds first kill of Ragnaros. Playing a frost mage was super easy through MC.
    Pretty much my first PC (i played wow on), but i had an Athlon 1GHz instead of the p3
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Oh god:P My first PC when I started playing in 2004 was a Celeron 600mhz, that came with the internet as a free offer a few years earlier. It had 500 MB ram and some onboard integrated piece of junk video card and 40GB HDD. I was playing Runescape with it before starting WoW and it worked just fine but I was actually very surprires it could run WoW at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anything at all about computers. But I did play on a ten year old computer until recently when I threw it out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isarogue View Post
    I don't know anything at all about computers. But I did play on a ten year old computer until recently when I threw it out the window.
    That is better know as a calculator.

15+ Year Old Account
    A really old Dell Inspiron Laptop (the white border ones, yeahhh).

The laptop was pretty nice for a budget deal when I got it going into High School, and it did ok during since I kept it nice. But two+ years out trying to play games (and even raid every once in a while)? SO HAPPY when I got my desktop c:

Still have the laptop (and it still has out-of-date WoW on it, lol). Works alright for how out-of-date it is, other than having to be plugged in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    That is better know as a calculator.
    I don't think it was fast enough to even be a calculator.

10+ Year Old Account
    My PC i played when WoW first released had an Athlon 3000+, 320 GB HDD.

That's all I can really remember. I had put an aftermarket gpu in it.. Cost me probably $250 from Futureshop at the time. I remember I paid extra for the 256 MB version. The joys of being stupid and 15.

Oh yeah. And I had just bought a 19" LCD with a 5ms response time for $500. Cutting edge in its day :P
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

wasnt a bad computer was just my laptop that would heat up to like 200 degrees and almost burn my fingers while trying to play on it, never play wow on a laptop again

10+ Year Old Account
    I played on an entry-level (even for the brand!!!) and already old Emachine when I first started playing WoW. I can't believe I raided on that thing! No wonder I was so bad. It scraped out 30 fps when questing, etc, but could barely hold 3 in raids. And then BC dropped and it just cried when I tried to play WoW.
    And for the very beginning of Cata, I was forced to play on a Macbook Pro for awhile (my "gaming" laptop literally melted after months of struggling with its temperature issues). Raided on that too! It was pretty awful.
    Last edited by rethea; 2011-07-30 at 07:13 AM.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

13 inch 09 Macbook.

3 fps in 25man raids, 8-10 fps in 10man raids, lowest settings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember the CPU, AMD something, 512MB RAM, 128MB integrated graphics, I also used dial up connection whilst I was waiting 2 months to get put onto broadband. I got 8FPS when stood still in a remote area, like 1 frame per 3 seconds raiding my first ZG, it was was horrible. It used to take me multiple attempts to log in with dial up, and each try meant the PC locked up for 10 minutes anyway. That PC soon killed itself so I used my sister's £300 laptop until TBC which wasn't much better.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part