15+ Year Old Account

[Music] Dave Matthews Band

I've been listening to these guys lately, and I've always sort of enjoyed them but never gone through an entire album+ of theirs. But damn, these guys are really good and it seems like I can listen to them for hours. The vocals are top notch, the lyrics are very enjoyable, and the instruments in the background always go really well with the song.

Your thoughts on this band?
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been a fan for many years, seen them live a few times. Their albums are hit and miss I find, you either love one or you hate it. The last album they put out, Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King was better then the previous one Stand Up which was crap compared to Busted Stuff, so it's kinda random as to how good their albums can be. I can't see them putting out another album that is anywhere near as good as anything they have done prior with LeRoi Moore having passed away last summer.

I have every album. Been a fan for years. But I have to agree, it will be interesting to see if they can match LeRoi (which I doubt as that Man could play!).

My wife hates them though... I'll be busting out a tune in the shower (often either So Right or Space Between) and I'll get "WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?!" (granted I can't sing for toffee).

Offtopic: Did you know that Boyd plays tennis with Andy Roddick, has played in doubles tourniments with Pete Sampras & John McEnroe

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a fan for a while. Love his whole sound. They hav some truly classic songs which will NEVER get old: Drive In Drive Out, Lie In Our Graves, Tripping Billies, Grace Digger, Save Me, Stay or Leave, Ants Marching etc. Amazing.

Studio album wise I really like Before These Crowded Streets. But I mainly listen to a lot of their live stuff. I probably have over 20gbs of DMB on my computer right not. Tis a bit excessive I know, but I like them.
    Last edited by Cyaris; 2011-08-01 at 02:18 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    they're ok, there's worse out there (Nickelback, lookin' at you here...) but they're not really anything I'd call a favorite... damn catchy when they're on, though
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Their cover of All Along the Watchtower is awesome.