Confused on moving Rating up.

Long/Short Story.

I have not pvpd seriously since BC onmy hunter I did S9 as KFC and got 2357 rating last season we seemed to gain points well, when you got higher a win was like 10 points and a loss was 50 but still was good.

My question is this season I started pvp on my lock. It has never done pvp before. We are winning our games about 80% of the time but only gaining 10-20 points a win and losing 50+ when we lose, out current rating is 1453. our MMR is 1561. It is terribly slow moving up, people have suggested reforming the team at zero and pushing up to make the wins get more points, but I do not understand why.

TL;DR : What is the best way to up your MMR/team rating if you are winning 80%. We play MLS so it is pretty faceroll for wins at our bracket. I just want to know if there are any tricks to upping rating better?

Having the same problem here with 3's =( currently on 2k-2050 rating and one lose drops 20+ points EVEN while fighting people almost the same as our rating? ._____.

Anyone mind helping me out?

Win. There is no magic trick.

Sorry you cant MMR bug anymore ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    The quickest way to do it would be to play with people with way higher MMR, if not that than you don't want to be with people with lower than yours as they'll be gaining a decent amount while you're tanking it up there

I opened a ticket over this. There is a bug in the rating system once again because our team was 1063 rating.. but our mmr was 1440+. The reason I opened a ticket is we got beat by a team with 1450 rating and at the time we had 1350 ish rating.. we lost 7 points they gained 91. The very next match we messed them up and got 20 points while they lost 0. It turns out that that teams real rating was 863 ish and hence when they won they got massive points, and when we beat them so little points. Or so thats how it was told to me.
    As for the system I couldnt get a direct answer just it would have to be forwarded on as something didnt seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by wowkryptikk View Post
    Having the same problem here with 3's =( currently on 2k-2050 rating and one lose drops 20+ points EVEN while fighting people almost the same as our rating? ._____.
    That's not out of the ordinary.

Remember this general rule:

If your MMR is higher than the other team, you won't win much, but you'll lose a lot.
    If your MMR is the same, you'd win as much as you'd lose.
    If your MMR is lower than the other team, you'll win much, but you won't lose a lot.

The only secret is just to keep winning...

---------- Post added 2011-07-30 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    I opened a ticket over this. There is a bug in the rating system once again because our team was 1063 rating.. but our mmr was 1440+. The reason I opened a ticket is we got beat by a team with 1450 rating and at the time we had 1350 ish rating.. we lost 7 points they gained 91. The very next match we messed them up and got 20 points while they lost 0. It turns out that that teams real rating was 863 ish and hence when they won they got massive points, and when we beat them so little points. Or so thats how it was told to me.
    As for the system I couldnt get a direct answer just it would have to be forwarded on as something didnt seem right.
    That's because your MMR =/= team rating. Just because you fight a team with like a 2k MMR doesn't mean they have a 2k team rating. It just means that they have 2k MMR, it could be a fresh team, and that's why they get 91 rating.

What you described isn't a bug. It's working as intended.