Thread: New to Demo

New to Demo

Tried out demo for the first time tonight. Totally different 'feeling' than afflic or destro but one that is fun and different. Couple of questions that might be fairly obvious but want to make sure I"m doing things right.

When there are lots of mobs to kill...4 or 5 like in ZA...if my meta is off cool-down and no boss fight within 3 minutes, then I pop it correct? Along with demon soul? I'm thinking yes but want to make sure. Say the first set is down...then another 4 or 5 adds are the next to kill. My meta is on cool-down. I'm thinking I just play like afflic...dot up all the adds as fast as I can. Is this right or should I use Hellfire or SoC?

When Molten Core goes off...do I not worry about all the other dots and go through those 3 incins as fast as possible? For instance, Molten Core goes off...I have 2 sec on Corruption..do I burn through the 3 incins or keep corrupt up and then use the incins? Seems to me I'd keep other dots up first since there's a timer on the incins.

A bit long-winded but any help would be great. Thanks!

if Meta in on CD, immolate the adds and hellfire. Have a macro you can pop that will send your felguard to attack a target and felstorm, i use a key modifier macro to do it : (if you can afford to HoG before felstorm its a great idea) do not let him felstorm at will, right click the ability in your spellbook to turn the "autocast" off.

#showtooltip felstorm
    /petattack
    /cast [modifier:shift] felstorm

use meta on CD with a macro like:

/cast demon soul
    /cast metamorphosis
    /cast Immolation Aura(Metamorphosis)
    /cast Demon Leap(Metamorphosis)

When molten core procs, it lasts long enough for you to take the time to refresh some dots. immolate will refresh with HoG, but you can afford to refresh corruption. The most beneficual use of MC procs is the chance incin has to reduce the cooldown on Meta. Same as hand of guldan, so use it on CD.

also, if you have "on use" trinkets,you cannot put them in the same macro as your meta, since the server will process teh /cast 1st. you''ll end up not benefiting from your on use trinkets when n demon form, they need to be on a separate macro.

i also find this macro useful to start spamming soulfire below 25%

#showtooltip soul fire
    /cast soulburn
    /cast soul fire

nice hellfire macro. start/stop :

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura [channeling] Hellfire
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Hellfire
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Last edited by Morggane; 2011-07-30 at 04:06 AM.