Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ranseur Vs Fire kitty

So i was wondering is ranseurs still 20 dps higher or is fandrals pulling ahead now? I am trying to find out because i have a ranseurs atm and my guildies were questioning me about it. So if you can give me some tips or numbers that would be great because i looked back at old threads and couldn't find it.

Thanks for your time.

If its boe still then well you know you could just ...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If its boe still then well you know you could just ...

Fandral's staff isn't BoE bro.

It is still a 20 dps difference

Trolling hurts, for the sake of trolling :P

20 DPS is really minimal. Especially at the cost of a cosmetic look given only in cat form. The only time you should use Ranseur is if you manage to get a Crystallized Firestone to make it 391 ilvl and you're not killing Heroic Domo.

Deleted
    Fire kitty looks shit and does less DPS, there is no reason to ever use that staff.

Quote Originally Posted by powersoul View Post
    Fire kitty looks shit and does less DPS, there is no reason to ever use that staff.
    That wasn't the most biased post I have ever read lets just get that straight.

Dont worry about it OP. Rather look at the states on the staff. Also look up BIS and the likes. I know I could use both, the BOE more, but its okay really.

Gear towards Ragnaros Trinket ftw

fire kitty is worth 10k dps.. so yeah

Deleted
    With the current very low droprates of Crystallized Firestones, they are much better used towards upgrading the 1H str weapons of DKs/warriors since they have no other option before Rag hc. While we can get the Majordomo staff.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-07-31 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    With the current very low droprates of Crystallized Firestones, they are much better used towards upgrading the 1H str weapons of DKs/warriors since they have no other option before Rag hc. While we can get the Majordomo staff.
    Supposedly they're bugged for 25 mans, but not so much for 10's.

seems like a hunter lost his fandral's staff to a druid? kek

Are you certain it's not BIS at all levels? I know our secondary stat values change dramatically based on what set bonuses you have.
    Someone is a hunter who's bitter on losing out on his non-weapon 100 DPS "upgrade."

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Are you certain it's not BIS at all levels? I know our secondary stat values change dramatically based on what set bonuses you have.
    At this point its down to personal likes Id say. Personally I'll gear towards Ragnaros trinket as I mentioned. That means having more haste than mastery, but only just slightly more. Some likes other ways to gear, all should work

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I agree if you are already progressing Majordomo hc like you do. While we are still on Alystrazor, it could take few weeks or even month to kill Majordomo hc so I guess it's worth upgrading polearm. Not to mention the drop rate of the staff. We've killed Majordomo on 25man every reset since first week of 4.2 (4 kills I think, will be 5th time week) and it still didn't drop once.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenerix View Post
    I agree if you are already progressing Majordomo hc like you do. While we are still on Alystrazor, it could take few weeks or even month to kill Majordomo hc so I guess it's worth upgrading polearm. Not to mention the drop rate of the staff. We've killed Majordomo on 25man every reset since first week of 4.2 (4 kills I think, will be 5th time week) and it still didn't drop once.
    Domo is easier than alysrazor. just finish off her skip baleroc and kill domo easily. It took my guid like 80 pulls on H alysrazor 180 on H baleroc and then last night first day on domo we killed it on 20th pull and that was with wasting 10 pulls trying a weird taiwanese guilds stategy to skip the orbs. And with the change the enrage timer is a joke our kill was 8:59 with 4 healers 1 tank. 1 scorpion 7 cat repeat till dead the only hard part is the orbs and if thats the problem watch gentlemen's club kill video on youtube these have a nice way to get all the orbs to spawn in 1 place then you just use 4 people who can immune and chain immune people to soak the orbs, paladins, hunters, mages.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2011-07-31 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Flaming cat=>Increased morale+attentiveness>20DPS in practice

Deleted
    Although fire cat is awesome, Ranseur certainly is a tick better. And there's another downside of Fandrals ... you can't stay and hide with the hunter pets behind the boss while everyone is told to gather in certain spaces

Quote Originally Posted by Steellynx View Post
    Although fire cat is awesome, Ranseur certainly is a tick better. And there's another downside of Fandrals ... you can't stay and hide with the hunter pets behind the boss while everyone is told to gather in certain spaces

Actually you can hug hes pincer and soak cleave+shred same time it took me few tries so ppl see i'm eating dmg also(if tank stays still tho) and you don't have to hide only ppl should pay attention to raid frames and not flame w/o reason(if you execute it properly).
    Btw got ma staff and tbh cosmetic>20dps diff :P