Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Actually you can hug hes pincer and soak cleave+shred same time it took me few tries so ppl see i'm eating dmg also(if tank stays still tho) and you don't have to hide only ppl should pay attention to raid frames and not flame w/o reason(if you execute it properly).
    Btw got ma staff and tbh cosmetic>20dps diff :P
    Well, there are other bosses that require the raid to stack in front. Namely Algaloth or Maloriak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steellynx View Post
    Well, there are other bosses that require the raid to stack in front. Namely Algaloth or Maloriak.
    The timers are good enough (especially for argaloth) that you can emtpy your energy behind the boss then stand in front for a few seconds and then go behind again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    Flaming cat=>Increased morale+attentiveness>20DPS in practice
    rly liked that guy's way of thinking =) +1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The timers are good enough (especially for argaloth) that you can emtpy your energy behind the boss then stand in front for a few seconds and then go behind again.
    I see, I think you all don't get my point. Never mind.

i'd trade 20dps to be a fire kitty in a heartbeat. 20dps is unnoticeable

higher dps = higher dps. I was given the option in my guild of taking the boe or the first domo staff drop. I gladly chose the boe because a dps increase, albeit small, is still an increase and thus a benefit to the group. Better stats > cosmetic appearance... every time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cap2nine View Post
    higher dps = higher dps. I was given the option in my guild of taking the boe or the first domo staff drop. I gladly chose the boe because a dps increase, albeit small, is still an increase and thus a benefit to the group. Better stats > cosmetic appearance... every time imo.
    You do realize, in practice, the dps difference is not really discernable. The reason Ranseur is rated the way it was, is because the stat on it is good if you have 100% boss uptime. The simulations that suggested Ranseur is 20 dps better, guess what, were based on a stationary fight where you had 100% uptime.

And yes, haste is only good if you can maintain high uptime on the boss, wanted to make it clear I was referring to haste.

Deleted
    Ranseur > Fandral only if you can make full use of the haste, so that means being able to do a full 35sec berserk (with 4T12 bonus) on cooldown without letting your energy cap out, as well as having a 100% autoattack uptime from the back. If you're not able to do that, Fandral's is likely better.

So while the Ranseur is 20 dps ahead in theory in a perfect patchwork fight, in practice this difference does not exist, as all fights in T12 content except baleroc have some parts where you will not be able to auto-attack from the back or where you will be out of melee range for some time.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-08-02 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    just use both, before pull goto cat and activate fire cat, then swap weapons and you get the best of both :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    And lose an autoattack or 2 due to weapon swing reset.. no tnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Steellynx View Post
    I see, I think you all don't get my point. Never mind.
    I giggled. Does that actually work for you ?