Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Right, and did Blizzard take actions against the guild who used saronite bombs?

saronite bombs were rebuilding the shelf on the edge of the platform, that was suppose to collapse... thus, making valkiers irrelevant mechanic, that could of been completly ignored, it was unintended, and this why the credit for the kill was taken away by blizzard. now, how exactly is this comparable to class stacking?

seriously that claim sounds like someone is mad because he didnt had enough druids in his guild to take advantage of them been better for Nef hc, and since someone else did had enough druids, that made that one person very very jealous of them who had the druids.

now about the main subject of the topic: blizzard are the racists ones, they are the one who do not update the TW armory.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Jeez guys, keep to the topic, he asked about Stars Progress, not 'Lets start talking about what other guilds did in the past and wether we agree or disagree'.

Like someone else stated, they are currently 6/7 heroic and hopefully get Raggy heroic down very soon

I wish the idiots claiming that They got banned from Wowprogress because of a rule posted over a year ago, Wowprogress or Stars has not said that they have goten banned on there so every person spouting that bullshit is full of bullshit. Their Armoury is borked plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    wow-progress is racist
    Here we go... -.-

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just turning into a Stars Debate >.<....

believe stars is on 6/7 heroic

off topic discussion: http://www.wowprogress.com/post/50_Faction_change_abusers_will_be_banned

yes, even if there wasn't an issue with TW armory, they would still be disqualified from the race this tier. this is a +1 year old post, since totc times i believe, or early ICC, and it was not posted cause of stars faction change in order to cheat the race in 4.2. research before you write something completely wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I wish the idiots claiming that They got banned from Wowprogress because of a rule posted over a year ago, Wowprogress or Stars has not said that they have goten banned on there so every person spouting that bullshit is full of bullshit. Their Armoury is borked plain and simple.
    this rule is still valid, unless stated otherwise by wowprogress, you are the one spouting bullshit here mate :3
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-07-31 at 12:48 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    O.o

How did "how is stars doing?" turn into "OMG 13 DRUIDS!!!11!one!"

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain the 13 druid thing?

What fight was this, and how was it OP...?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Can someone explain the 13 druid thing?

What fight was this, and how was it OP...?
    nefarian heroic, paragon kill, world first, their rip bleed buff managed to tick all the way to ~800k r some due to the mechanics of nefarian heroic (mind control, you can increase your dmg by +%)

10+ Year Old Account
    Saronite Bombs bugged the fight to exploit a kill (although, it was a flaw on Blizzard's part, but Ensidia exploited it)
    Druid stacking is a preference in your raid setup, and you're given the option to bring whatever class you want when you create your raid group.

To the OP: Stars is 6/7 heroic. And I do believe Wowprogress said they wouldn't log their progress because of the server change because they were warned about it beforehand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Neither are saronite bombs or 13 druids.
    Actually, the druids were a smart use of game mechanics. Nef had this buff essential to the fight after you get mind controlled and you would allow this buff to stack as high as possible. Was paragon did was what basically every good dot class does: Refresh dots before the duration of a buff runs out. It just happened to be that Feral druids had the two strongest dots in the game, and they used that to their advantage.
    If you consider that exploiting or cheating, then you might as well call every decent shadow priest, warlock, balance druid, feral druid, etc. cheaters.

Saronite bombs were obviously an exploit. At first, it might have been that the rogues used them to increase dps, or atleast one of them did. As soon as they noticed it would cause the platform to restore, they kept on doing it and everyone with saronite bombs was doing it if i remember correctly.

STARS, neither Paragon exploited. They made smart use of game mechanics. Last time I checked, faction swap is a game mechanic. Dmg boost on dots persisting even if the buff has worn off from the caster is a game mechanic.

When will people stop being so obnoxious and ignorant?
    A bug is something that didn't intend to happen (such as the saronite bombs and the evade bugging of mobs for Yogg0) and was an error on the developers' part, exploiting is using a bug to trivialize a part of the encounter. A smart use of game mechanics is using something that was already present in the game before to your advantage, class stacking for maximum dps, spellstealing a buff, or faction transferring are not exploits, they're smart use of game mechanics. Paragon didn't trivialize a part of the Nef hc encounter by using a bug, they made the fight easier by using something that everyone else already had been doing since vanilla, but picked the best class for it. Stars used something that was in the game way before Firelands in order to start sooner than Firelands, hell, a lot of people did this when it was first introduced to get double the amount of loot from raids.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-07-31 at 01:10 AM. Reason: i

Quote Originally Posted by Beyote View Post
    Maybe it's not wrong maybe is, but srsl when on 25man u r using 13 druids (if i recall all dpsers druids were ferals) coz they have bugged mechanic on that particular boss (nefarian hc - and i don't know for sure if it was bug or miscalculated and overlooked mechanic but i don't think it was intentional from blizzard side) it don't look right atleast for me (little exploit alert imho) - btw they got tons of dps from it which helped them a lot to kill that boss faster then others (but i must admit i respect that they can discover some let's say tricks like that one or using sorrowsong - 346 caster dps trinket - on ragnaros, same was on first kills of ascendant council - stacking casters/ranged dpsers).

OT: I don't know how they are doing but i'm assuming they are just fine as always and btw they did what was allowed by blizzard, transfer tool is for everyone they just used it wisely to their advantage it's blizz fail imho (they didn't think about that option earlier)
    So you're saying you disagree with them, in your own words, "exploiting" by using Druids on Nefarian HC right? Yet you're fine with the fact that NOBODY except for Taiwanese guilds even HAD the option to reset their lockout with the faction change, and even then it was UNINTENTIONAL?

That's very hypocritical of you. So either you are indeed a hypocrite, or you're just an idiot who doesn't like to research, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has gone completely OT. Closing.