Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    A.) Lolret before TBC. B.) It was as grindy for anyone as it was for anyone else on the same server. C.) lolret before TBC.
    D.) lolret before TBC.

Got rank 12 on my tauren warrior back in vanilla. was alot of fun with a premade / vent talk was just a massive laugh all the time. world pvp and so on. I miss those days

10+ Year Old Account
    i have Grunt on my warlock... if that counts? (the old Grunt title)

EDIT: @NoXSSDK i miss world pvp too u.u

Deleted
    Got Blood Guard on my Rogue and Grunt(rank 2) on my low level Priest. I can't quite recall what rank Blood Guard was, but I believe it was 6 or so, never had the time to do the massive grind for High Warlord(?).

Deleted
    Original GM, now HW. But soon moving back to alliance

Deleted
    how was it obtainable?

Quote Originally Posted by keule2 View Post
    how was it obtainable?
    By grinding batteground 15-16 hours a day. I remember I got to rank 13 and then I went on a ski trip for a week and lost 4-5 ranks. Since I was so close I just had to do it again and I succeeded. Rank 14 as restoration shaman.

Deleted
    i have two sergeants and a private and a scout

Deleted
    Ehm, didn't quite get to grand marshall ._. went from 0 to Sergeant major on my rogue (Just about 4 bgs more and i would have been a knight) just by grinding AV for lobotomizer lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Ehm, didn't quite get to grand marshall ._. went from 0 to Sergeant major on my rogue (Just about 4 bgs more and i would have been a knight) just by grinding AV for lobotomizer lol.
    The Unstoppable Force (AKA Pig-on-a-Stick) was my weapon of choice before Grand Marshal's Claymore.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Rank 14 rogue and rank 12 druid here. Must say it was a big grind and took alot of hours in it but it sure was all worth it as it was a hell lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    You think grinding for Grand Marshal is pain? Try doing it with retri pala... got to rank 10, and then just couldn't do it anymore )))
    Grouped up with several teams of ppl that went for that title in a time span of a year, in that period I got 2x knight captain, 1x knight, rank 4 and 1 private.

Within those teams 2 of them were led by retri pala's, both made it to Grand marshal.

So many people said it here, ANY individual could make it as it had nothing to do with personal skill .. hell you could be the biggest sucker and still make it if you have friends and time.

Deleted
    I was grand marshal. I still have this character as a toon. ( war reroll ). I did not play 16 h a day everyday. I was on a low serveur population and at the really begin of "PVP" in Wow

Deleted
    Got Corporal =)

I acct shared but when my brother was on vacation at the time and IP was showing up different, got reported blizz did some diggin, got that acct hammered.

;(

Got a new acct, power leveled as fast as I could to 60 on a shaman got to HWL, sold the acct made like 500$, recovered the acct, got glad in s1/2 sold it, then quit till like s7 :P

Debating on recovering the acct again :S

Sharogi- Human Rogue- Dath'Remar Server
    Didn't have a premade, nor people playing my account, did mine solo. I did 16-20hrs a day solo and got GM 2 weeks before they took it all away. While the grind itself was boring, the satisfaction of getting GM at the end was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Grand Marshal Hottage, Retribution Paladin.

Oh hai.

Getting R14 wasn't too hard just required a lot of dedication and a good team. Luckily for me I had the best team in our battlegroup. <3

Playing Warsong Gulch for 16 hours a day for nearly 6 weeks to get from Marshal to Grand Marshal was a pain though.

Still miss the old Horde teams we fought... well the one team we actually fought (<3 Iknowuwantme) and the other who just level exploited and still lost (We still <3 you Rotgut).

best team in your battlegroup? in Vanilla? hmmm

I myself didnt have a support group back in Vanilla and we routinely got farmed by "THE OCK" MC raiders who got to farm us since the rest of the horde never bothered queuing up, made it to LTC before I decided to go outside and burn my retinas on actual sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    best team in your battlegroup? in Vanilla? hmmm
    Battlegroups came patch before TBC.

then you sucked balls...
    I had guy like this on my server, shared account with 3 friends playing 24 hours a day literally. I still was making mroe honor than him even tough i didnt play whole day... I simply had a premade ~~

1 of my friends palyed just 4-6 hours a day or so and he still got field marshal...

I myself had r14 warrior
    and rank 11 warlock

sold the acocunt in tbc... gave me all the money i invested in wow back with some bonus. I actually upgraded my pc, bought new wow and still had some cash left ;o
    So what you're telling me is... you had a R14 & R11 without playing all day...? Erm, alright bud. Also, 4-6 hours a day = Field Marshal? Not likely.
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    So what you're telling me is... you had a R14 & R11 without playing all day...? Erm, alright bud. Also, 4-6 hours a day = Field Marshal? Not likely.
    It's possible- Depends on the server. I was able to get up to rank 11 playing 6 or so hours a day. It wasn't until after r11 that I played like a maniac to get r13. I passed on r14 because I was part of a team and it let someone else get it who wasn't a feral Druid and thus had a weapon of note from PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE