Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    find a way around it. if u are afk for 5 mins outside a dungeon u can be eligible to be kicked. so in ZA just start the run and run outside. if they afk'd inside they will die real fast.
    or if not just act worse than they do and they'll be sure to leave or waste a kick on you.

Decided to give LFD another shot tonight:

Group 1 : a DPS refused to skip Archaeology boss because he needed it for a quest. We told him that he can just get the 20g reward at a later time. 2 Hr kick timer, of course. Wasted 5 minutes with other group members, 4manning Panther boss only to have it evade reset at 10%. He wouldn't budge, my dungeon CD was coming back up so I left that group.

Group 2 : as soon as I join, my chat is flooded with /rolls. The ret pally and the unholy DK both say "we have /roll bound to every ability, its a guild requirement". They continue to pull trash without me (the tank) as I fill out the GM ticket reporting them. I tell them politely "Please stop spamming, or I will just leave." A 3rd group member decides to join in the /roll spam just to agitate me apparently, so I pulled several trash packs into the group, popped SW until they started aoeing, and proceeded to drop group.

I know, I'm adding to the problem, but this is just my one night's experience with LFD.

Sincerely,
    a player with 4x tanking classes with 362+ ilvl that will continue to avoid using LFD.

Deleted
    I really wished Blizzard started punishing such people heavily... Unfortunatelly, they pay the same subscription as "good" people...

If you were doing crap dps and standing in avoidable mechanics like fire on the ground, i would want your ass to leave too.

Hell, even being nice about it doesnt work because people are such sloppy, wet, pu**ies about it.

Said this, verbatum, when the tank and rogue were getting hit by the archaeology boss AOE (the lightning dude). First time i saved them, second time they died because they didnt realize that the aoe can kill them in one shot. So i said, again verbatum, after we killed the boss while the hunter kited for the rest of the fight.."Dont be stupid and stand in the avoidable AOE" And i get kicked for "being a cunt".

Some idiots dont deserve the benefit of the doubt, which is why whenever i do decide to put on my nice face in heroics i stop, think about it, and realize that I might as well have some fun with the mongoloids instead of wasting energy on trying to actually help them out.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.

If you go into the LFD system expecting rainbows and nice people, you will quickly have your dreams shattered. There should be a warning label on the LFD tool, saying: "Jerks and idiots frequent this system". There are people in the LFD system that will try to kick your regardless of your performance; you might be rolling 25k DPS and still get harassed.

There is only ONE viable method of dealing with these people, and that is patience. Boot them if you can, file a report if they go too far, but generally just ignore them and try to get your run done. I'm not saying your run will be any more pleasant (because it won't), but your chance of completing and getting your points will be greater.

Also, as some have mentioned, raiding is a viable alternative now. Catering to the casuals have become a fact in World of Warcraft, there are official commercials with the selling point: "PUG-able raids". If you want to raid, and have half a brain, then you can! If you find it difficult, find out what's holding you back. Is it gear? Is it lack of knowledge of the encounter? Is it your team mates? Now, I'm not saying you'll down Ragnaros in a week ... or a month, even. But I'm saying you can get some of your valour from other sources than the LFD tool.

That being said, I do the two Zandalari over and over and over every week myself, because hey, I have alts - and raiding actively on five characters is a bit over the top. If you're not good at taking abuse, then don't go with PUGs. If you have no in-game friends, try getting some! There are plenty of friendly people in here, and finding a nice guild would be a place to start. Use the forums, use the in-game chats, ignore the flamers and trolls, and see if you can't find a nice little group of people to do your dungeons with. Makes your life easier!
    Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence.
    Assess the answer, not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant.

Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post

Group 1 : a DPS refused to skip Archaeology boss because he needed it for a quest. We told him that he can just get the 20g reward at a later time. 2 Hr kick timer, of course. Wasted 5 minutes with other group members, 4manning Panther boss only to have it evade reset at 10%. He wouldn't budge, my dungeon CD was coming back up so I left that group.
    Why didnt you just kill the mob for him if he needs it for a quest? Oo
    Sorry but you guys were dicks if you ask me ... not him. It takes like 5 minutes to kill the arch boss and you decided to waste much more by 4 manning and evading the panther? Well deserved.

Oh noes, a boss that takes 3 minutes to kill that someone asked to do!

Group 2 : as soon as I join, my chat is flooded with /rolls. The ret pally and the unholy DK both say "we have /roll bound to every ability, its a guild requirement". They continue to pull trash without me (the tank) as I fill out the GM ticket reporting them. I tell them politely "Please stop spamming, or I will just leave." A 3rd group member decides to join in the /roll spam just to agitate me apparently, so I pulled several trash packs into the group, popped SW until they started aoeing, and proceeded to drop group.
    Okay these people were stupid, but you're a baddie for pulling that "ninja pull and drop" garbage.

I know, I'm adding to the problem, but this is just my one night's experience with LFD.

Sincerely,
    a player with 4x tanking classes with 362+ ilvl that will continue to avoid using LFD.
    rofl thats awesome. any time some asshole dps decides to fuck with me i jus pull a bunch of mobs and bubble/laugh. their screams will carry on past the grave

call me bad if u want but im not gonna stand there and listen to anyones bullshit.. and if they do decide to kick me. ill jus get an instant q with the next group on my tank

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    If you were doing crap dps and standing in avoidable mechanics like fire on the ground, i would want your ass to leave too.

Hell, even being nice about it doesnt work because people are such sloppy, wet, pu**ies about it.

Said this, verbatum, when the tank and rogue were getting hit by the archaeology boss AOE (the lightning dude). First time i saved them, second time they died because they didnt realize that the aoe can kill them in one shot. So i said, again verbatum, after we killed the boss while the hunter kited for the rest of the fight.."Dont be stupid and stand in the avoidable AOE" And i get kicked for "being a cunt".

Some idiots dont deserve the benefit of the doubt, which is why whenever i do decide to put on my nice face in heroics i stop, think about it, and realize that I might as well have some fun with the mongoloids instead of wasting energy on trying to actually help them out.
    That story mixed with the reason they gave made me laugh <3 my dk feels your pain though.